Torrance traffic tickets up 60 percent

Torrance traffic tickets up 60 percent

There are 188 comments on the Daily Breeze story from May 9, 2010, titled Torrance traffic tickets up 60 percent. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

Torrance police issued 60 percent more traffic tickets in the first four months of 2010 over the same period last year - an increase attributed to the department's recent restructuring.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
banosd

Redlands, CA

#1 May 9, 2010
Yeah, being nick-picky at the expense of stopping real crime. A motorcycle cop on PCH a few weeks ago ended up bumping my passenger side mirror trying to sneak to the front of the line, probably so he could spy on more motorists.

There is not much good coming out of it, just makes us residents resent our law enforcers at a time when jobs are weak and overall distrust of the bureaucracy is high
Amazed

United States

#2 May 10, 2010
They should issue more Warning Tickets, I think its easier to get a warning ticket when they are your friends, haha, yep I got pulled over, and it was cool, I got a verbal warning, and I'm going to tell your parent that you were speeding. we should have tpd in pv, I would probaly not get all these tickets up in PV.

Go TPD, we love u.
TciketCellUsers

Cathedral City, CA

#3 May 10, 2010
Please ticket more of these idiots who are using their cell phones.

Along Hawthrone Blvd from about mid day til 6pm I'd say 15% are on their phones.
Brad

Fullerton, CA

#4 May 10, 2010
I think the Torrance police are doing a great job. I feel safer. I live in the apartments near a major intersection where there's a ton of traffic.
Don Diller

Van Nuys, CA

#5 May 10, 2010
I think I'll do my shopping, entertaining and dining somewhere other than Torrance for awhile.
LKF

Paramount, CA

#6 May 10, 2010
For all of you who think your life is safer if an Officer writes more tickets, I feel sorry for you. Tickets are 99% revenue and 1% education. The price of a citation today is punitive to the extreme when you add on the court costs. A warning can carry just as much of a message and the driver will have more respect for the Officer.
PIFFLE

Torrance, CA

#7 May 10, 2010
Don Diller wrote:
I think I'll do my shopping, entertaining and dining somewhere other than Torrance for awhile.
Obey the traffic laws and you won't have a problem. If that is too difficult, please do shop somewhere else...
Facts

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#8 May 10, 2010
I'm sure that many "blighted" cities increase tickets to generate revenue, since businesses are dropping like flies, the next best source to generate revenue is drivers, keep up the good work TPD.
Sad

El Monte, CA

#9 May 10, 2010
They are fixing their budget problem one ticket at a time. We should all stay out of Torrance stores and restaurants as much as possible. Expensive night out I bet. If they stop you for something it is their word against yours and you lose.
Ready for Change

Torrance, CA

#10 May 10, 2010
If you break the law and get caught you have merely chosen to punish yourself. You have no right to complain.

The more unhappy this makes the whiners and those without the character to accept responsibility and accountability, the more joyful it makes me.
LOMITA SHAKEDOWN

North Hollywood, CA

#12 May 10, 2010
Well, stay away from Lomita too, we have an officer, who could not pass a phyical but somehow stays on the force. This guy sits in front of two very busy streets, lets speeders go, because thats work, he writes tickets for rolling stops??? I have never seen any sort of accident from a rolling stop, but lets the speeders go, no warning....$200.00 ticket,

This is Lazziness at its finest, just drive by and see this tub o lard at any day at 247th & Walnut

mean while crimes occur all around the area, but I feel safer, cuz no one will dare rolling the stop sign, WTF???

I thought it was to "serve and protect", its almost like, south of the border, edxcept you expect it to happen there.
Wow

Mission Viejo, CA

#13 May 10, 2010
GOOD!!!!!!!!!! If you drive like a jerk, you deserve a ticket. Correct your driving and you won't get a ticket :)
Wow

Mission Viejo, CA

#14 May 10, 2010
LOMITA SHAKEDOWN wrote:
Well, stay away from Lomita too, we have an officer, who could not pass a phyical but somehow stays on the force. This guy sits in front of two very busy streets, lets speeders go, because thats work, he writes tickets for rolling stops??? I have never seen any sort of accident from a rolling stop, but lets the speeders go, no warning....$200.00 ticket,
This is Lazziness at its finest, just drive by and see this tub o lard at any day at 247th & Walnut
mean while crimes occur all around the area, but I feel safer, cuz no one will dare rolling the stop sign,****???
I thought it was to "serve and protect", its almost like, south of the border, edxcept you expect it to happen there.
But a rolling stop is not laziness? Obey the law and you have no reason to complain.
HB Guy

El Segundo, CA

#15 May 10, 2010
Good job TPD! I wish other PD's, especially the beach cities, would be more vigilant in their traffic enforcement.
Too many young women talking on cell phones while driving and too many young men speeding, driving wrecklessly and tailgating.
Also....J wakders and those walking against red lights should be cited also. This is an especially serious problem in the beach cities and there is virtually no enforcemant of these scofflaws. Residents and visitors alike think they are on Main Street Disneyland when walking the streets of the beach cities.
Duh

Hacienda Heights, CA

#18 May 10, 2010
Torrance Resident One wrote:
I would like to see more tickets given out daily to everyone who thinks they are above the law and create a hazardous environment for every driver in Torrance when talking on cell phones texting speeding and running stop signs or red lights. All to often everyday I witness many people never stop at stop signs, this would be a $500 wake up call for them.
Come on TPD more stings that target these people and make sure to give your fellow Police officers wife the ticket rather then let them go. They create the most hazardous situations out there knowing full well they can run the lights,not stop at stop signs and text/talk on the phones without fear of getting a citation due to courtesy from another officer, even if they are 110% at fault in an accident most of you corrupt officers write up the report the other driver was at fault. This is why my vehicle is camera/video loaded and is waiting for you to do this to me. LAWSUIT and your job for a false report. Yes it will happen to any police officer who tries to falsely write a report. I'm even going to show you the video at the time of the crash as it has already been sent and uploaded to my home at the time of the accident. You will not have time to delete it from my lap top or confiscate my lap top to do it later. Tell your buddies wives Waring given.
Do you have a camera on your roof to capture the Black Helicopters? Hopefully you also have a microphone to record all the voices in your head!
patrick

Los Angeles, CA

#20 May 10, 2010
LOMITA SHAKEDOWN wrote:
mean while crimes occur all around the area, but I feel safer, cuz no one will dare rolling the stop sign,****???
Your so observant and spend so much time watching this guy work, and feel the need to critize for the work he does. If you think it's to " serve and protect" then you must have been looking at an LAPD car, not an LASD car. Why not shut up and stop pointing fingers about someones looks and while your at it, fully stop at stop signs.
JWW

San Pedro, CA

#21 May 10, 2010
TPD please cruise Rolling Hills Way.. Everyone that goes down this street thinks it's the 405! 50 mph easily! It would be great revenue for the City!
DeDee

United States

#22 May 10, 2010
Please ticket the soccer moms in SUV's on cell phones. I was almost hit twice this weekend by these idiots who think the rules are for everyone else.
Good Job

Torrance, CA

#23 May 10, 2010
Thanks TPD for keeping us all safe.
Come on

San Francisco, CA

#24 May 10, 2010
Sad wrote:
They are fixing their budget problem one ticket at a time. We should all stay out of Torrance stores and restaurants as much as possible. Expensive night out I bet. If they stop you for something it is their word against yours and you lose.
Torrance doesn't have a budget "problem". You should read up on how well that city is managed financially. Sure they've been asked to cut back, but the city isn't as financially strapped as most in CA. I'm always amazed at how people come up with excuses for law enforcement doing their JOBS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Wed Proud American 20,707
News Incarceration nation: What it's really like whe... Dec 4 concerned res 1
News The 30-year metal reign of Tom Araya and Slayer (Aug '12) Dec 3 T Rump 4
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Redondo Beach (Oct '15) Dec 2 Madeline 58
What is the back story re Scottsdale Townhomes (Apr '10) Dec 1 BGnLA1 18
News Adopt-a-family for Christmas (Dec '08) Dec 1 djmillar1 56
News What Do a Woman's Breast Implants Have to Do Wi... Nov 30 concerned res 1

Torrance Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Torrance Mortgages