Investigation continues in murder and...

Investigation continues in murder and rape of Wilmington woman

There are 9 comments on the Press-Telegram story from Jan 8, 2012, titled Investigation continues in murder and rape of Wilmington woman. In it, Press-Telegram reports that:

Los Angeles police detectives Saturday continued to investigate the killing and rape of a 28-year-old Wilmington woman found with her throat slashed near railroad tracks in Wilmington.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Press-Telegram.

Jane

United States

#1 Jan 9, 2012
We need to Help the Detectives solve this crime so we can find the killer & we all need to be careful and notify anyone driving suspicious - It's pretty scary to think this is happening in .
Professor Jones

Van Nuys, CA

#2 Jan 10, 2012
Jane wrote:
We need to Help the Detectives solve this crime so we can find the killer & we all need to be careful and notify anyone driving suspicious - It's pretty scary to think this is happening in .
This heinous crime cries out to be solved. If it is not someone she knew, with a connecting motive, could be very difficult to solve, since Wilmington is a transit point for a variety of out of town scumbags, just passing through town, or hunkering down temporarily in the cheap motels or sleeping in makeshift zones off Alameda. Wilm also had some motels/half way houses for reg sex offenders. Of course there is always the chance of a passing through seial killer or even a BTK (kansas) type, living in the community. This does not sound like the usual Wilm gang cycle violence.

I see that you have identified yourself as growing up in Wilm and now an attorney. Most Attorneys, particularly from liberal Barrio roots, are anti death penalty. Going through the litany of all the the time worn anti DP rhetoric, from too expensive to cruel and unusual (pain) of lethal injection, to tilted against minorities. The DP is stalled again in Cal, from the liberal activists jurists.

Your request for community vigilance is to be commended, but in Wilm every other person is suspicous (locals & transients) and the locals are resistant to calling the police. Perhaps you should put some effort into restarting the DP in Cal.

RIP this lady.
karina

Phoenix, AZ

#3 Jan 10, 2012
After 2 murders exactly in the same area, that place still dark at night...why the port of San Pedro dont do somenthing about...the should put lights in all the railroads
teresa

La Habra, CA

#4 Jan 17, 2012
Contact L.A Crime Stoppers volunteer have a picture of victim poster with annoyomous tip line, for those who may have info.
[email protected]
F ran

United States

#5 Jan 18, 2012
So hope they find this killer it's horrible to think he's out there & getting away with murder but we have hope on the detectives & they will solve this case.
jony blaze

Wilmington, CA

#6 Jan 19, 2012
Every body unite and help us capture and clue together the person that did this to my sis cristian zugey alvarez we miss u and wil fibd this person soon enough
Lulu

United States

#7 Jan 26, 2012
jony blaze wrote:
Every body unite and help us capture and clue together the person that did this to my sis cristian zugey alvarez we miss u and wil fibd this person soon enough
Anything new on this case let's hope they actively continue the investigation
SP Landlord

Van Nuys, CA

#8 Jan 26, 2012
Lulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything new on this case let's hope they actively continue the investigation
No doubt the PD is pulling out all of the stops on this one.
Nothing new that I have seen in the local papers, nor the boards.
Wilmington is not only a violent homegrown place, but full of drifters and thousands of motorist transitin major thoroufares.
Did you see were LBPD made two arrests on the multiple killing in the homeless encapment at the 710 riverbed. I beleive this case took over a year to solve. Compton gang members regarding failure of one of the homeless to pay up for drugs. My point is, in these gang infested neighborhorhoods, coupled with homeless, drifters, cheap motels, parolees, major thoroughfares and people prone to violence, it could be anyone. Someone get's killed in Torrance, usually it is domestic violence or jealous bf. Hopefully we will hear something soon, since according to the news articles, she was a working mom who was filling up with gas in the early AM and heading to work.
Eduardo

Van Nuys, CA

#9 Jun 15, 2013
karina wrote:
After 2 murders exactly in the same area, that place still dark at night...why the port of San Pedro dont do somenthing about...the should put lights in all the railroads
Ii think putting lights closer to rail road tracks would help a lil more. I think it's a great idea

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) 19 hr Hanson Bologna 4,511
News Selena Gomez drastically changes her look for tour Thu K - DJ 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Redondo Beach (Oct '15) Thu Rosa Gonzalez 38
What has happened to Lynwood? (Dec '05) Wed JustStop 1,095
Dan is not the man Jul 27 Rodrad 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Jul 27 stupid republicans 20,391
Review: Pro Elim Photo Photography (Nov '14) Jul 24 Kristen 5

Torrance Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Torrance Mortgages