Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2009

Judged:

I had California Deluxe Windows come out to my house last month and give me a estimate on my windows. I was impressed with the window but not the price. I had gotten a few other window estimates and wanted to get a few more. California Deluxe Windows salesman gave me a 3 hour presentation about the California Deluxe Window. The California Deluxe Window has some nice features and looks to be a very good window. The price is $1000 a window. WOW! I can get Milgard Tuscany's windows for my house for around $475 a window completely installed. The California Deluxe Window is suppose to be very energy efficient but when looking at the Milgard Tuscany window energy numbers I don't see a huge difference. A Milgard sliding window with the 3DMAX energy package has a U-factor of .28 and a SHGC of 0.22 These numbers are close to the California Deluxe Window numbers and don't warrant the doubling of price. The California Deluxe Window salesman said his windows would pay for themselves. I just don't see it. Both windows qualify for the $1,500 tax credit. Right now the Milgard Tuscany windows have a mail in rebate of $25 a window and $75 a door. Can't beat that.
Ron

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Judged:

I had California Deluxe Windows come out to my house, but their prices weren't that much more than the other two estimates I got. One of those being Milgard. California Deluxe Windows came in at 30 thousand and Milgard around 28 grand. The energy numbers are a sales point and from what I can tell are pretty even across the board for most window companies -- google "cost vs. value". The thing I liked about California Deluxe is they manufacture and custom make all of their own windows. And hands down their window just looks nicer than the other vinyl stuff that's out there. I didn't mind the three hour presentation so much, the salesman who came out showed me several pictures on his lap top of installations they had done. The window is just sharper. My wife was sold from that point on. My check book was already open.
Paul

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2009

Judged:

Found this doing a google search.

here is a letter I just wrote to complain to
Judd the trouble shooter, Dennis Prager and Bill Handel of KFI radio, since they are on CDW website and I ordered them based on Dennis Prager talking so highly of them.

This is what you wrote about them

THE TROUBLESHOOTER
Personally Endorses

CALIFORNIA DELUXE WINDOWS
FOR ITS CONSUMER FRIENDLY, SERVICE ORIENTED ATTITUDE AND ITS EXCEPTIONAL PRODUCT!
AND ...they have a proven installation and service record.

I selected California Deluxe Windows based on part of your personal Recommendation. FOR ITS CONSUMER FRIENDLY, SERVICE ORIENTED ATTITUDE AND ITS EXCEPTIONAL PRODUCT!

I just wanted to share some of my disappointment and problems with the company before and after purchasing the windows.

It started with installation. I had to make 3 phone calls to try to reach the installation Coordinator, never a return call, had to hunt them down. After having the windows installed a few weeks ago, we had our first rain. My bed got soaked and so did the walls. Both Bedroom windows filled with and leaked Water. Water had filled the Window frames and also overflowed the track with water. So I called Thursday October 21 and tried to reach the Service person, first call 8:30, was told person was late getting in so left message, no return call, so, called at 11:45, sorry I missed her, She was at lunch now. Left message again, No call back now 3:45, so, I called again, now she is at her desk. Now told she would call me back with something before Monday. Thatís 4 days.(Only one person for service?). Left on my own with rain maybe on its way, Friday I decided to find the problem on my own, I spray the window with the hose like I normally would do to clean them. When I walk in the bedroom the inside window and walls were soaked. I also tried another window in the front room, an up and down slider and it also poured water into the room. Very upset with quality since I was replacing 1965 aluminum side sliders type window that never had any problems, but were single pane type. Being un-happy I called Don the General Manager (thinking he would be the only one who cared) and complain about the lack of workmanship of the windows. He said he would get back to me on this. In the mean time I had to remove one of the sliding windows and drain the water from the frame. Now Rain again is on its way and they called to say they will send someone out on November 1st 11 days from now. I have to live with towels and a soaked bed.(Bed is now dry, had to blow dry at 12pm at night. Today I had to buy plastic Sheets to tape the windows up. My wife asked me why I chose to pay more ($600 a window) instead of $218 plus $185 labor per window with MilGard windows. What can I say except Dennis Prager, Bill Handel and You Judd personally recommends them. So any help at this point I would be very grateful. CDW really acts like this is no big deal. At this point they act like this is my problem and donít really seem to be concerned of what damage can occur. I have to try to fend for myself for 11 days. I know they will finally fix the windows or try to do some cheap fix with silicone. But this is not what I consider service. There are problems with how the windows are designed and they can't believe they can make a mistake. If a little California rain can cause problems, I'd hate to see what happen in the east coast. I've now been dealing with this for 3 days. They never asked or bothered to found out if my wall or furniture was damaged or offer any temp help or recommendations. All they can say is how wonderful their windows are. My question is how do you know about their

SERVICE ORIENTED ATTITUDE AND ITS EXCEPTIONAL PRODUCT!

Is this a line they wrote for you or you made it up yourself
Mark and Linda

Moorpark, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2009

Judged:

I have to say, a couple of these comments seem bogus to me. I used California Deluxe Windows based on Bill Handel saying "You can't find a window like this anywhere at any price!" I couldn't agree more.
First of all my wife and I got numerous quotes and the California Deluxe windows were priced right in the middle of everyone else. Secondly, the product is hands down the best on the market from what we have seen, and third, we did have a little issue with one of the screens and their customer service was extremely quick and professional. They responded right away and fixed the issue within a couple of days!
This just goes to show: you can't always believe the negative comments of others; some people are impossible to please no matter what you do.
Michael Zedaker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2009

Judged:

I think Devon either didnt listen carefully, or cant read. The CDW ( California Deluxe Windows) warranty has lifetime coverage against natural weathering, the window is not a PVC window, but rather a UPVC window, 100% unplastiscized , they use titanium and acrylic instead of plastic. That is the main reason I put 28 of their windows into my home. Their UPVC window, NOT PVC, is the reason the warranty is different and the reason why other windows will fail, I did and I encourage Devon and everybody else to LOOK AT THE WARRANTIES!!!!!! Thats where companies tell you what windows will fail, MILGARD for example like other mass produced windows is sold through dealers, DEVON the moron is going to pay 500 per window for a window that cost $25 to make each, then look at the MILGARD warranty and see how they do not cover natural weathering, after a few years when Devons milgard POS PVC window yellows , warps, and cracks devon will either have to pull them out and now spend triple what she should have if she just did it right the first time, or based on Devons knowledge my guess is she wont be able to afford new windows and will have to live with failing windows. Once the milgard warps and cracks it is no longer energy efficient while the CDW window is built to last, with a warrant that does not even have one exclusion. CDW will pay for itself over the life of your home while Milgard will FAIL and require more money. My sister had put in Milgard tuscany and 90% of the windows all warped or cracked and MILGARD didnt cover anything blaming it all on natural weathering. WHAT CROOKS!!!!! I encourage all my friends and family to only do business with CDW because they are the only company to offer a UPVC titanium window with a warranty that covers everything for life from top to bottom.
Shopping for windows

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Judged:

Michael Zedaker wrote:
I think Devon either didnt listen carefully, or cant read. The CDW ( California Deluxe Windows) warranty has lifetime coverage against natural weathering, the window is not a PVC window, but rather a UPVC window, 100% unplastiscized , they use titanium and acrylic instead of plastic. That is the main reason I put 28 of their windows into my home. Their UPVC window, NOT PVC, is the reason the warranty is different and the reason why other windows will fail, I did and I encourage Devon and everybody else to LOOK AT THE WARRANTIES!!!!!! Thats where companies tell you what windows will fail, MILGARD for example like other mass produced windows is sold through dealers, DEVON the moron is going to pay 500 per window for a window that cost $25 to make each, then look at the MILGARD warranty and see how they do not cover natural weathering, after a few years when Devons milgard POS PVC window yellows , warps, and cracks devon will either have to pull them out and now spend triple what she should have if she just did it right the first time, or based on Devons knowledge my guess is she wont be able to afford new windows and will have to live with failing windows. Once the milgard warps and cracks it is no longer energy efficient while the CDW window is built to last, with a warrant that does not even have one exclusion. CDW will pay for itself over the life of your home while Milgard will FAIL and require more money. My sister had put in Milgard tuscany and 90% of the windows all warped or cracked and MILGARD didnt cover anything blaming it all on natural weathering. WHAT CROOKS!!!!! I encourage all my friends and family to only do business with CDW because they are the only company to offer a UPVC titanium window with a warranty that covers everything for life from top to bottom.
Michael you sound like the CDW salesman that came out to my house. Your knowledge is much higher then a regular customer would have. I did a search for warped or cracked Milgard vinyl windows and didn't find much. I would think that if this warping or cracking was widespread there would have been at least one class action lawsuit listed online. There wasn't. I am not going for the Milgard or California Deluxe Windows. I like the Amerimax vinyl windows the best and their warranty is pretty good. Amerimax's warranty is listed on their website. I never did get a good look at the CDW's warranty. I did email the company to send me a copy and they have not emailed it to me yet. I can agree the CDW is a great window but sorry I just don't buy that it is that much better then every other window on the market.
Ray C

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2009

Judged:

Can someone post a link to the California Deluxe Window warranty? I can't find it any where online. I can find other window companies warranty online? I am trying to find out about this natural weathering claim.
Russell C

Granada Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2010

Judged:

Nice to hear someone at least got through. I went to the main office at 2:10pm on a Tuesday with two orders and no one was available to give me an estimate or take my specific order for a window to be installed in another state. They were all out to lunch. Lots of complaints on other websites.
Henry N

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2010

Judged:

Ray C wrote:
Can someone post a link to the California Deluxe Window warranty? I can't find it any where online. I can find other window companies warranty online? I am trying to find out about this natural weathering claim.
I asked the salesman for a copy of the California Deluxe Window warranty and he said he didn't have one. Salesman failed to mention that all vinyl windows have titanium dioxide to prevent yellowing, blistering and fading of color. Some companies use more some less. 10 parts is the most used. UPVC is a made up name. No vinyl window can be 100% virgin vinyl and survive the weather. Still waiting to have him fax me one. California Deluxe Windows seem nice but their salesman just bash everyone else. I had to tell the salesman to leave. His price started at 30k and finished at 16k with all his made up promotions. His boss called me a week later and offered to do it for 10k. If you really like the window wait and watch the price drop. Ask yourself why they just don't give you the best price up front. One word, Commissions!!! Salesman need their 20%!!!
Peter

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2010

Judged:

I went to a home show last weekend and stopped at the California Deluxe Windows booth. I called and had a salesman come to my house and was impressed with the window but just don't have the money right now for the windows. Problem is that they are calling me 5 times a day and won't stop. Leave me alone guys. Your sales tactics aren't helping you get my business.
Peter

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2010

Judged:

Henry N wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked the salesman for a copy of the California Deluxe Window warranty and he said he didn't have one. Salesman failed to mention that all vinyl windows have titanium dioxide to prevent yellowing, blistering and fading of color. Some companies use more some less. 10 parts is the most used. UPVC is a made up name. No vinyl window can be 100% virgin vinyl and survive the weather. Still waiting to have him fax me one. California Deluxe Windows seem nice but their salesman just bash everyone else. I had to tell the salesman to leave. His price started at 30k and finished at 16k with all his made up promotions. His boss called me a week later and offered to do it for 10k. If you really like the window wait and watch the price drop. Ask yourself why they just don't give you the best price up front. One word, Commissions!!! Salesman need their 20%!!!
Never saw the California Deluxe Window Warranty.
R Case Tucciarelli

Wilmington, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2010

Judged:

I wanted to let you know how very happy I am with my new windows and patio door installation. The windows look beautiful outside as well as inside and are easy to open and close. I also appreciate the street noise reduction from these insulated windows.

The Executive Board of our homeowners association came for drinks one night to see the windows. The opened and closed and popped the windows and screens out and were very impressed with the
styling, craftsmanship, and beauty. They were also impressed with the two tone (bronze outside, white inside) frames.

The installation process was fantastic. Your installers were very careful and respectful of my house and furniture and cleaned everything completely before they left. They worked quickly and were able to install 9 windows and a sliding patio door in about seven hours.

I was appreciated your visit to the house during the installation and talked with your installers. Your visit was very reassuring that the installation would go smoothly. Thank you for your consideration and help during the process. I will recommend California Deluxe Windows to my friends and neighbors in need of window replacement. Thanks again for everything.
Paul

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2010

Judged:

Here is a link to another site that has some more reviews. California Deluxe Windows President responds to the complaint of one poster.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/california-deluxe-win...

Here are the pictures of the job.

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/gTIB9-WRnkrlGj...
Valentina R

Wilmington, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

Judged:

Reviews
1 Review
Answers
0 Answers

I called few companies and have chosen the California Deluxe Windows. They were very professional and always patient in explaining everything there is to know about the windows. I was going to replace only 2 windows, and after the installation I liked their work so much that I am installing a french door, that is facing my pool as well. I have 2 dogs and one of them got injured last year, because my old wooden door had nails sticking out and it was just falling apart. I love my new door and windows. I recommended them to my girlfriend and she has the same opinion like me.
aaron- it is fake

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2010

Does not sound right, no manager by name Don,the story is made up, but why???
Paul wrote:
Found this doing a google search.
here is a letter I just wrote to complain to
Judd the trouble shooter, Dennis Prager and Bill Handel of KFI radio, since they are on CDW website and I ordered them based on Dennis Prager talking so highly of them.
This is what you wrote about them
THE TROUBLESHOOTER
Personally Endorses
CALIFORNIA DELUXE WINDOWS
FOR ITS CONSUMER FRIENDLY, SERVICE ORIENTED ATTITUDE AND ITS EXCEPTIONAL PRODUCT!
AND ...they have a proven installation and service record.
I selected California Deluxe Windows based on part of your personal Recommendation. FOR ITS CONSUMER FRIENDLY, SERVICE ORIENTED ATTITUDE AND ITS EXCEPTIONAL PRODUCT!
I just wanted to share some of my disappointment and problems with the company before and after purchasing the windows.
It started with installation. I had to make 3 phone calls to try to reach the installation Coordinator, never a return call, had to hunt them down. After having the windows installed a few weeks ago, we had our first rain. My bed got soaked and so did the walls. Both Bedroom windows filled with and leaked Water. Water had filled the Window frames and also overflowed the track with water. So I called Thursday October 21 and tried to reach the Service person, first call 8:30, was told person was late getting in so left message, no return call, so, called at 11:45, sorry I missed her, She was at lunch now. Left message again, No call back now 3:45, so, I called again, now she is at her desk. Now told she would call me back with something before Monday. Thatís 4 days.(Only one person for service?). Left on my own with rain maybe on its way, Friday I decided to find the problem on my own, I spray the window with the hose like I normally would do to clean them. When I walk in the bedroom the inside window and walls were soaked. I also tried another window in the front room, an up and down slider and it also poured water into the room. Very upset with quality since I was replacing 1965 aluminum side sliders type window that never had any problems, but were single pane type. Being un-happy I called Don the General Manager (thinking he would be the only one who cared) and complain about the lack of workmanship of the windows. He said he would get back to me on this. In the mean time I had to remove one of the sliding windows and drain the water from the frame. Now Rain again is on its way and they called to say they will send someone out on November 1st 11 days from now. I have to live with towels and a soaked bed.(Bed is now dry, had to blow dry at 12pm at night. Today I had to buy plastic Sheets to tape the windows up. My wife asked me why I chose to pay more ($600 a window) instead of $218 plus $185 labor per window with MilGard windows. What can I say except Dennis Prager, Bill Handel and You Judd personally recommends them. So any help at this point I would be very grateful. CDW really acts like this is no big deal. At this point they act like this is my problem and donít really seem to be concerned of what damage can occur. I have to try to fend for myself for 11 days. I know they will finally fix the windows or try to do some cheap fix with silicone. But this is not what I consider service. There are problems with how the windows are designed and they can't believe they can make a mistake. If a little California rain can cause problems, I'd hate to see what happen in the east coast. I've now been dealing with this for 3 days. They never asked or bothered to found out if my wall or furniture was damaged or offer any temp help or recommendations. All they can say is how wonderful their windows are. My question is how do you know about their
SERVICE ORIENTED ATTITUDE AND ITS EXCEPTIONAL PRODUCT!
Is this a line they wrote for you or you made it up yourself
aaron

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2010

Be alert, many comments are fake and are posted by competition or others not acctual customers. Beware!!!
aaron

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2010

That is not what CDW does,nor they install in other States.
Russell C wrote:
Nice to hear someone at least got through. I went to the main office at 2:10pm on a Tuesday with two orders and no one was available to give me an estimate or take my specific order for a window to be installed in another state. They were all out to lunch. Lots of complaints on other websites.
Tony Pucelli

Wilmington, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2010

Thank you Aaron for clarifying this. I know that there are are some dishonest companies, which are posting negative reviews in order to get more business and take away potential customers from California Deluxe Windows.

I personally saw new windows by CDW at my friends house and all I can say is WOW! Unbelievable job. I tried to find some little discrepancies in order to justify other people critique, and I could not find it.

I will definitely give a call California Deluxe for an estimate, because I am about to replace all my windows and doors in my 30 years old house.
Replacement Windows

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2010

Here is a video clip from Fox News talking about the new EPA Lead Law for pre-1978 homes and its effects on homeowners and window companies.$37,500 fine for not going with a certified lead firm.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/4137761/new-le...
Bill S

Wilmington, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2010

Judged:

Our Windows are installed and they totally exceed all expectations that we had. They are really spectacular. Thanks for the good service. If you ever need to use us as a reference just call

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of49
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Torrance Forum right now

Search the Torrance Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 1 hr 74 pecent 7,815
Weather 1 hr Sarah 2
16-Year-Old Injured While Standing up on Double... 1 hr Susan 9
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 2 hr Oldies news stand 4,850
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr Oldies news stand 200,214
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 2 hr Oldies news stand 2,223
Should fishing off the pier be banned? 15 hr Mad in Manhattan Beach 0
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at July 12 at 2:31AM PDT

•••
•••

Torrance News Video

•••
•••

Torrance Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Torrance People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE