Man shot in Torrance a 'random' victim

Man shot in Torrance a 'random' victim

There are 40 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Feb 27, 2008, titled Man shot in Torrance a 'random' victim. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

A 27-year-old man was apparently a random victim of a shooting in Torrance, police said today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hank

Harbor City, CA

#1 Feb 27, 2008
Here is proof that the DB does not protect happenings in Torrance.
Ron

Huntington Beach, CA

#2 Feb 27, 2008
Hank wrote:
Here is proof that the DB does not protect happenings in Torrance.
What is a DB? I think Torrace is still safe considering it is surrounded by all the other ghetto cities.
Hank

Harbor City, CA

#3 Feb 27, 2008
Daily Breeze is a local newspaper that serves the South Bay Cities. People of the ghetto cities in the area are convinced that it the does not report on crimes in Torrance, because the DB's office are located in Torranc. Thus protecting Torrance as to not having any crime in thier city.
Ron wrote:
<quoted text>What is a DB? I think Torrace is still safe considering it is surrounded by all the other ghetto cities.

Since: Jan 08

Redondo Beach, CA

#5 Feb 27, 2008
Ron wrote:
<quoted text>What is a DB? I think Torrace is still safe considering it is surrounded by all the other ghetto cities.
DB = Daily Breeze Newspaper
contradiction

Santa Ana, CA

#6 Feb 27, 2008
first Hank says "the DB does not protect happenings in Torrance" then in his reply to Ron, Hank says DB does not report Torrance crimes "thus protecting Torrance" huh ??? if what you mean is that the DB is protecting Torrance's image, you're way off. the DB reports lots of Torrance crimes but I agree its a pretty lousy paper overall
Just Wondering

Chicago, IL

#7 Feb 27, 2008
Crime happens anywhere and everywhere.
TARGET PRACTICE

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Feb 27, 2008
This is the first time I ever of a shooting involving a Hispanic man and the Torrance PD were not the shooters. The Torrance PD has a sordid reputation of conducting racial profiling. Everyone knows this. I was pulled over on my way to work, I work in Torrance, for no other reason than my skin color is brown. The officer offered no reason why he pulled me over. I told him that I am Native American and his response was: "You look Mexican to me".
Crazy

Compton, CA

#10 Feb 27, 2008
There is some crazy guy running around htat part of town....young mid to late 20's that has a drug or alcohol probelm. A few weeks ago he crashed a priate party, and when challenged as to who he was, why was he there he pulled out a gun and then ran away, on foot. So Torrance folks beware.
Bob

Harbor City, CA

#12 Feb 27, 2008
What kind of car do you drive (tinted windows or a low rider) and how do you dress? What I have noticed is, if you want to look like a gang banger, you are goning to get treated like a gang banger by TPD. People who live in Torrance appreciate what they do in keeping our community safe.
TARGET PRACTICE wrote:
This is the first time I ever of a shooting involving a Hispanic man and the Torrance PD were not the shooters. The Torrance PD has a sordid reputation of conducting racial profiling. Everyone knows this. I was pulled over on my way to work, I work in Torrance, for no other reason than my skin color is brown. The officer offered no reason why he pulled me over. I told him that I am Native American and his response was: "You look Mexican to me".
Hank

Harbor City, CA

#13 Feb 27, 2008
Thanks. I was being sarcastic in my first comment. Your quote is what I was trying to say in my second post.
contradiction wrote:
first Hank says "the DB does not protect happenings in Torrance" then in his reply to Ron, Hank says DB does not report Torrance crimes "thus protecting Torrance" huh ??? if what you mean is that the DB is protecting Torrance's image, you're way off. the DB reports lots of Torrance crimes but I agree its a pretty lousy paper overall
Interesting

Carson, CA

#14 Feb 27, 2008
Hank wrote:
Here is proof that the DB does not protect happenings in Torrance.
Yeah, but notice how right away they discount gang activity by saying the man was a random victim and not in a gang. Of course everyone is going to say that they are not in a gang or don't know why people are shooting at them. When shootings occur elsewhere they quickly attribute it to gang activity, whether or not it is. No benefit of the doubt there.
KLC

Van Nuys, CA

#15 Feb 27, 2008
I read and re-read the original article to see where it said that the man shot was Hispanic. I didn't see it in there.
Hhmmm

Carson, CA

#16 Feb 27, 2008
Who's ghetto now?
Hank

Harbor City, CA

#20 Feb 27, 2008
Yeah, but did you notice that the guy is from Montebello that was shot. So if it was gang related, it most likely was someone who followed him to his work place.
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but notice how right away they discount gang activity by saying the man was a random victim and not in a gang. Of course everyone is going to say that they are not in a gang or don't know why people are shooting at them. When shootings occur elsewhere they quickly attribute it to gang activity, whether or not it is. No benefit of the doubt there.
About time

Carson, CA

#21 Feb 27, 2008
Hank wrote:
Here is proof that the DB does not protect happenings in Torrance.
Just started to after all the criticism!!!!
Torrance resident

United States

#22 Feb 27, 2008
What is the business, and where is it located (cross streets)?
Native SOl

United States

#23 Feb 27, 2008
Some of you are just idiots. And Bob walk a mile in a mans shoes before you comment like that. Even Hispanic cops target hispanics. Sorry we can all look "Huero"
Tony

Redondo Beach, CA

#24 Feb 27, 2008
Torrance resident wrote:
What is the business, and where is it located (cross streets)?
24000 blk of Neece is the street just west of bob's big boy on Hawthorne
Now what

United States

#25 Feb 27, 2008
For all you knuckle heads winning about crime and the Ghetto. What goes around comes around. When people who live in the ghetto's of America were pleading with the government and their local law enforcement agencies to help stop the violence. Suburbia, and Middle class America did not give a dam and thought they were immune from things beneath them. Ha, ha, ha. Crime is an epidemic and spreads like everything else. Sorry, bob, bill, charley, and lil suzie. But welcome to the new world out of order.
KEVIN

Los Angeles, CA

#26 Feb 27, 2008
Hhmmm wrote:
Who's ghetto now?
The chicken's have come home to roost.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
snoop dog catfish shawshank rdemption cat fish ... 13 hr fish tanks 1
mc nwa fame fish tanks black white sand rock co... 13 hr fish tanks 1
News Serial Rapist Arrested In LA; 2 Victims in Chicago (Sep '07) 22 hr Victim552 99
News Harbor-UCLA Medical Center cited for safety vio... (Oct '11) Tue Human 280
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Tue Smiley 21,533
News The staggering body count as California newspap... Apr 20 Riccardo Fire 6
Do we need a design-based charter school in Tor... Apr 2 WendiCao 1

Torrance Jobs

Personal Finance

Torrance Mortgages