California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 Full story: Chain Store Age 5,117

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Full Story
Golden

Monrovia, CA

#4950 Jul 22, 2013
Too many stupid Republicans in local, county and state government to suit me!

They are ignorant and stupid all in the same sentence..
Tommy Tucker

San Francisco, CA

#4951 Jul 22, 2013
Has any one seen my plastic bags? They were so gay. Pink with lace handles. If you find them, bring them over to that wonderful gay bar Paul and Harveys in Sunnyvale. They will make sure I get them.
OhStewOne

Monrovia, CA

#4952 Jul 22, 2013
Oh Tommy Tucker your still a jerk!

I found the one your looking for it's neatly wrapped around your head and neck.
Here is One

Lincoln, CA

#4953 Jul 23, 2013
OhStewOne wrote:
Oh Tommy Tucker your still a jerk!
I found the one your looking for it's neatly wrapped around your head and neck.
Is that the one I used on TWP that's full of my come?
TPAF

Monrovia, CA

#4954 Jul 23, 2013
The PizzO Ant Factory are taking manufacturing order's.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#4956 Jul 24, 2013
California's leftist government opposes the "free" in "freedom".
Fresh paint

Monrovia, CA

#4957 Jul 25, 2013
The old rickety country called North Korea keeps unveiling its greatest Cold War prize, the captured US Navy spy ship USS Pueblo.

This relic is so prized by this country they maintain it rather than use the money to feed the poor of their country which die from starvation on a daily bases.

And some feel the USS Pueblo should be used for aiming point for nuke bomb testing on the North.
beachcleaner

Costa Mesa, CA

#4958 Jul 25, 2013
Killing another business that caters to free-loaders. Funny how no one is giving away beans or rice. That would really be ridiculous. Actually giving away beans and rice would not be as accepted because you have to cook it first which means you would have to do more than just take it and then throw it away. You can still buy the single use plastic bags and keep your beloved businesses alive. Of course I wont be doing that because the bottom line is the public works department has to clean up all of the bags that run away from the trash cans and give the public the bill. One more problem with single use plastic bags is the color is many times that beige color which many marine animals mistake as food. There is more data on this from http://www.algalita.org/
beachcleaner

Costa Mesa, CA

#4959 Jul 25, 2013
conaire wrote:
Sure kill another business in the name of junk science and P.C..
Asinine !!
apologies for cross postings.
Killing another business that caters to free-loaders. Funny how no one is giving away beans or rice. That would really be ridiculous. Actually giving away beans and rice would not be as accepted because you have to cook it first which means you would have to do more than just take it and then throw it away. You can still buy the single use plastic bags and keep your beloved businesses alive. Of course I wont be doing that because the bottom line is the public works department has to clean up all of the bags that run away from the trash cans and give the public the bill. One more problem with single use plastic bags is the color is many times that beige color which many marine animals mistake as food. There is more data on this from http://www.algalita.org/
Sliced

Monrovia, CA

#4960 Jul 25, 2013
Hog farmers cut the fat faster.
Dull Care Toasted

Sonoma, CA

#4961 Jul 25, 2013
The political rep says that we must cut the minimum wage to $2.25 and hour and flush all social programs like medicare, obamacare, social security, multiracial schools and colleges and unemployment insurance, unions and foodstamps. He says this will make evrything okay again like it was in the 50's. I sure do hope so and he says that all christians must vote for this so I guess I got to. I hope it works right but you got to have faith.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#4962 Jul 25, 2013
Dull Care Toasted wrote:
The political rep says that we must cut the minimum wage to $2.25 and hour and flush all social programs like medicare, obamacare, social security, multiracial schools and colleges and unemployment insurance, unions and foodstamps. He says this will make evrything okay again like it was in the 50's. I sure do hope so and he says that all christians must vote for this so I guess I got to. I hope it works right but you got to have faith.
Dull Care Toasted.

You are right. The social safety net is a concept that was devised by and for the peoples of White Western Christian nations. Such a concept simply cannot work when the system is swamped by unemployable people of color, despite what is being taught by wealthy overpaid and under-worked taxpayer supported 60s 70s era "professors" in expensive taxpayer funded funded Government universities.

Ronald
Sive

Monrovia, CA

#4963 Jul 25, 2013
It's not over complicated, the U.S. Supreme Court told the "prop8" supporters to go pound sand.
beautyOFglendale

Germany

#4972 Aug 2, 2013
WANNA HAVE FUN WITH ME?

ADD ME ON SKYPE: teaser94.cs

we'll see who's in or out?:)

lets chat!:)
beautyOFglendale

Bucharest, Romania

#4975 Aug 2, 2013
WANNA HAVE FUN WITH ME?

lets chat!:)WANNA HAVE FUN WITH ME?

lets chat!:)
Tommy Tucker

Berkeley, CA

#4976 Aug 2, 2013
Oh! You people with your bag problems! Go to that great gay bar, Paul and Harvey's, and have a drink or many drinks. Then have some gay sex. There are all kinds of really nice gay people ready to show you the way to have gay fun.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#4977 Aug 2, 2013
Tommy Tucker wrote:
Oh! You people with your bag problems! Go to that great gay bar, Paul and Harvey's, and have a drink or many drinks. Then have some gay sex. There are all kinds of really nice gay people ready to show you the way to have gay fun.
Tommy Tucker.

All of us White non-Homosexual guys are flocking into beer joints to drink Stolichnaya and other fine Russian vodka products. It's a way for the non-Homosexual crowd - the vast majority of Americans - to express their sexuality.

Ronald
Mr_Sunshine

Richmond, CA

#4978 Aug 2, 2013
tired wrote:
Why dont retailers use biodegradeable bags?
The law | 11 hrs ago
Mister_Sunshine wrote:Hee hee hee. You are right on the money, Joe .Always have been, always will be.But I have lying for the longest time.. i am a pathological liar. My name is Libel and Slander Just wait, I am printing counterfeit money at my shop
I have a box with a large sum of money
Not only that my Band of Morons , also deal in drugs and prostitution
Drop by the shop
For free lies and slander
I stand behind my false witnesses
Could say the aggressors
I am very disappointed in the out come
I love my black Chrysler
My thugs damaged it
So we had to blame someone
Guess what , I found a victim
But my Rankin Conspiracy
Blew up in my face!!
I am such a Looser
JOE you really , know that I am a scoundrel
I love at attacking my Baby brother
It makes me feel, very important
I am a good Bully
Mr. Cumshine
Are you kidding me

Chico, CA

#4979 Aug 2, 2013
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Tommy Tucker.
All of us White non-Homosexual guys are flocking into beer joints to drink Stolichnaya and other fine Russian vodka products. It's a way for the non-Homosexual crowd - the vast majority of Americans - to express their sexuality.
Ronald
Like the very few gay bars dumping out their Russian vodka (that they already paid for LMAO) is going to put Stoli's out of business!!!
LMAO... Liberals??????????
Sticker shock

Monrovia, CA

#4980 Aug 2, 2013
Suck facers are always the last to know?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 16 hr Pastor LDM 19,381
Downtown Manhattan Beach 20 hr Just saying 3
Gone Girls: Human Trafficking on the Home Front... Tue Reader 1
Del Amo Fashion Center owners announce $200M up... (Aug '10) Oct 15 SMR 134
ASK THE LAWYER: Lawyers can be certified as spe... (Jun '09) Oct 13 maryjaneprincton 3
South Bay hospitals work to reduce emergency ro... Oct 5 Kate Smith 1
Do you approve of Pat Furey as Council Member? Sep 28 Frank Scotto 1

Torrance News Video

Torrance Dating
Find my Match

Torrance Jobs

Torrance People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Torrance News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Torrance

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]