AT WORK: Kung fu artist's path to fit...

AT WORK: Kung fu artist's path to fitness

There are 3 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Aug 27, 2009, titled AT WORK: Kung fu artist's path to fitness. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

When he was 9 years old, Derrick Wright saw his first kung fu movie. He was "amazed and in awe." After the movie, "I was kicking and punching in the backyard and had a lot of imaginary adversaries." Wright went on to study Japanese karate and then kung fu, achieving the level of black belt while stationed as a Marine in Okinawa, Japan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

chineseyes2006

Naples, NY

#1 Oct 7, 2009
Hello Sifu Wright!how are you doing!my name is Chris I was the instructor for Sifu Bateman.I trained for hin for over 10 yrs at the school at the Rochester Shaolin Academy.I had the pleasuer in training with you during a seminar with Grandmaster Fogg awhile ago with Paul & Andre,Ozzie.I must say that watching & doing drills with you guys was very amazing to see & do you guys are very skilled in what you teach.I'm hoping that when I get a chance I would like to stop by & pay a visit to see you.Well Sifu Wright you take care & keep up the very good teaching 7 promote outstanding kungfu.Your younger kungfu brother Chris P.s. My email is [email protected] I would like to get yours so I can drop you a line.
Dick Hansell

Sweden

#2 Aug 3, 2014
Haha! Nice spelling bro. When do you turn 7?
Kung Fu Daddy

Carson, CA

#3 Aug 3, 2014
I was in the USAF stationed in Texas. There was the cat from San Francisco who told everyone how bad he was and was a Kung Fu wizard or something. Got crappy with me one day, went into his stance and dropped like a sand bag when I punched him out. I believe he got all his instruction from watching movies and that weird Kung Fu Master on TV that always beat-up heavily armed cowboys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr Dudley 20,710
News Incarceration nation: What it's really like whe... Dec 4 concerned res 1
News The 30-year metal reign of Tom Araya and Slayer (Aug '12) Dec 3 T Rump 4
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Redondo Beach (Oct '15) Dec 2 Madeline 58
What is the back story re Scottsdale Townhomes (Apr '10) Dec 1 BGnLA1 18
News Adopt-a-family for Christmas (Dec '08) Dec 1 djmillar1 56
News What Do a Woman's Breast Implants Have to Do Wi... Nov 30 concerned res 1

Torrance Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Torrance Mortgages