Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,038

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#228385 Jan 24, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Someone who tries to argue that "one man one woman only" isn't relevant to polygamy obviously has ulterior motives.
Someone who claims to have a degree in cultural anthropology that thinks polygamy is a good idea obviously has ulterior motives..... maybe even a compulsion to lie.
Honkie Tonkin

Covina, CA

#228386 Jan 24, 2014
I heard the bell ring, didn't you?

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228387 Jan 24, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone who claims to have a degree in cultural anthropology that thinks polygamy is a good idea obviously has ulterior motives..... maybe even a compulsion to lie.
Why is a loving marriage of three consenting adults a bad idea? Suppose you and two other guys all felt you wanted to marry and form a family? Why do you want to limit your options? Why not leave the possibility open?

There was a case described in the Advocate of three gay men wishing to marry. It was touching. I am rooting for them, why aren't you? If you got to know a happy poly family you'd have to have a very cold heart to wish to deny them rights that you enjoy.

Marriage is good for society. Even marriages you for whatever selfish reasons don't approve of.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228388 Jan 24, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you ban something that isn't there, Frankie?
That you argue so vehemently that prop 8 didn't also ban polygamy tells us all we need to know about your motives.

I really don't see the point otherwise.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228389 Jan 24, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
...Denying marriage to gay couples does NOTHING to enhance traditional marriage.
Denying marriage to polygamists does NOTHING to enhance same sex marriage.
Dry Cleaners

Covina, CA

#228390 Jan 24, 2014
I take my bowling gloves to the dry-cleaners, do you?
garbonzo

Long Beach, CA

#228391 Jan 24, 2014
George Gobal wrote:
So if it's okay for a man to marry another man based upon sexual appetite, what are you going to do about a man that's bisexual? Shouldn't he be able to marry another man and a woman to satisfy his sexual appetite? I mean, after all, it only make sense. I'm all for bisexual marriages and it should be the law of the land. There is a slight problem and that's if a bisexual marries another bisexual. If that happens, then you end up with a bisexual man marrying another bisexual man and you can have two other men and two women involved which means you end up with 6 people all married together. Or how about a bisexual man marrying a bisexual woman and the bisexual man also has a man as his wife and the bisexual woman has another woman as her husband. This really gets complicated, but it's only fair to consider all these possibilities and make allowances for each and every situation.
Let's hear it for bisexual marriages!
And why would any of that matter to you? It's not your life. Live how you want and let people marry whoever they want.
garbonzo

Long Beach, CA

#228392 Jan 24, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Miss Thing. You can't ban something that is already banned.
LOL. But I think you meant Miss *Thang (not *Thing).
Rube

Covina, CA

#228393 Jan 24, 2014
Bowling gloves not the other type you rube.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#228394 Jan 25, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That you argue so vehemently that prop 8 didn't also ban polygamy tells us all we need to know about your motives.
I really don't see the point otherwise.
How can you ban something that isn't there?
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#228395 Jan 25, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you can. Prop 8 did.
Please be honest for once and answer my simple question. Did prop 8 allow polygamy? WE KNOW it was already against the law. Did prop 8 not say ONE man ONE woman only?
No. Prop 8 did NOT say one man and one woman only.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#228396 Jan 25, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Denying marriage to polygamists does NOTHING to enhance same sex marriage.
Tell it to the judge, Frankie..
XooS

Covina, CA

#228397 Jan 25, 2014
X'o how did you end up with that "dog breath" anyway?

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228398 Jan 25, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Prop 8 said marriage in California is a man and a woman. Did it say men and women, Miss thing? or did it say a man and a woman?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228399 Jan 25, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone who has had no training in in cultural anthropology that thinks polygamy is a bad idea obviously has ulterior motives..... maybe even a compulsion to lie.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228400 Jan 25, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you ban something that isn't there?
Does a law that simply states "marriage is a man and a woman only" allow polygamy Miss Thing?

Please answer, don't tell me I'm on drugs or brain dead or ignorant, just tell me yes or no. Thanks!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228401 Jan 25, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell it to the judge, Frankie..
You tell her! Tell her prop 8 said men and women, it didn't say a man and a woman. In other words, lie!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228402 Jan 25, 2014
XooS wrote:
X'o how did you end up with that "dog breath" anyway?
One can only guess at the unsavory activities involved.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228403 Jan 25, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I have made a handy reference guide for you hope it helps you avoid future confusion-

Man singular
Men plural

Woman singular
Women plural

a man = one man
men = more than one man

a woman = one woman
women = more than one woman

Hope it helps! Good luck.
XooS

Covina, CA

#228404 Jan 25, 2014
XO's how did you end up with that "dog breath" anyway?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
In the shade: Shade Redondo under construction ... 4 hr Wolfman 3
Minors ordering UBER rides 6 hr LADriver 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 hr Chuck 19,281
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 8 hr RiccardoFire 16,008
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sun No Time for Tea 5,084
Do you approve of Pat Furey as Council Member? Sun Frank Scotto 1
Do you approve of FRANK SCOTTO as Mayor? Sun Pat Furey 1

Fire Weather Watch for Los Angeles County was issued at September 29 at 11:12PM PDT

Torrance News Video

Torrance Jobs

Torrance People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Torrance News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Torrance

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]