Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201878 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Roach Limbaugh

Covina, CA

#207209 Aug 4, 2013
Cop of the 2013 year attacks 60-year-old man who asked for help?

This same cop attacks a 60-year-old man at a hotel, after this same civilian actually called for police help.

Officer T. Michael Wilson arrived, he fly's totally off the handle, twice throwing the nonthreatening 60-year-old to the ground.

Or was it that idiot calling himself Rush Limbaugh that upset your stomach?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207210 Aug 4, 2013
Im still laughing wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just ask your husband to take one or two steps back?
I'm guessing that might release the pressure.

Are you sure you're guessing? You sound like a man of experience. Anyway, I'm not married power ranger.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#207211 Aug 4, 2013
“If you can convince the lowest white man that he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him someone to look down on and he’ll empty his pockets for you.”
Lyndon Johnson, 1960, remark to Bill Moyers, "What a Real President Was Like," Washington Post, 13 November 1988

----------

Replace the word "colored man" with "homosexual", "woman", "Muslim", "Hispanic", "Jew", etc. and you've pretty much wrapped up the entire Tea Party and Republican platform.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207212 Aug 4, 2013
"Im still laughing" goes into a bar. The bartender says "closing time".

Knoxville, TN

#207213 Aug 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
I'm still having a hard time believing that you wrote fiction at some point in your life.

Hell, you freak out if someone posts a comment with more than two-dozen words.

How could someone who hates reading a few paragraphs be interested in writing fiction?

Did you write haikus?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207214 Aug 4, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
“If you can convince the lowest white man that he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him someone to look down on and he’ll empty his pockets for you.”
Lyndon Johnson, 1960, remark to Bill Moyers, "What a Real President Was Like," Washington Post, 13 November 1988
----------
Replace the word "colored man" with "homosexual", "woman", "Muslim", "Hispanic", "Jew", etc. and you've pretty much wrapped up the entire Tea Party and Republican platform.
"Veteran" "homophobe" "fundie" "Christian"...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207215 Aug 4, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still having a hard time believing that you wrote fiction at some point in your life.
How could someone who hates reading a few paragraphs be interested in writing fiction?
Did you write haikus?
Yes. If you were a writer you would freak out too. You take the sentence "I went to work" and turn it into a 500 word long and very boring essay. Economy of words son. Try it. Please.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207216 Aug 4, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
----------
I can play that game, Stain Boi. This one's for Rolf Szabo, formerly of Kodak, who got fucked over because of some Communist "human rights" homofascism.

“If you can convince the lowest homosexual that he’s better than the heterosexual, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him someone to look down on and he’ll empty his pockets for you.”

Can you hear the echoes of the Stains constantly crying "bigot" and "homophobe"?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207217 Aug 4, 2013
veryverbose wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you write haikus?
Ever read Hemmingway? Ernie didn't type words for words sake. Every single word was necessary. But just one more would be excessive.

You go on and on when you could have said it much better in a few short sentences.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207218 Aug 4, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you write haikus?
Veryverbose
Too many words
lost audience

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Im still laughing

Chicago, IL

#207219 Aug 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Veryverbose
Too many words
lost audience
I'll try to get him to keep his word count down to about 3 per sentence and remain as monosyllabic as possible.

Just for you!

Let me know if you need the assistance of pictures too.
Im still laughing

Chicago, IL

#207220 Aug 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever read Hemmingway? Ernie didn't type words for words sake. Every single word was necessary. But just one more would be excessive.
You go on and on when you could have said it much better in a few short sentences.
Ever read anything that didn't require a crayon?
Im still laughing man

Chicago, IL

#207221 Aug 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Mrs. Frankie walks into a bar ... with his zipper in the BACK.
RingaRounders

Covina, CA

#207222 Aug 4, 2013
You mean; "you" and the "tidy bowl man" are still laughing?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207223 Aug 4, 2013
Im still laughing wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll try to get him to keep his word count down to about 3 per sentence and remain as monosyllabic as possible.
Just for you!
Let me know if you need the assistance of pictures too.
Thanks fruitloops.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207224 Aug 4, 2013
Im still laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Mrs. Frankie walks into a bar ... with his zipper in the BACK.
I can't walk and my zipper is not in the back. Dumb joke anyway.

You walk into a bar. The bartender says "get the hell out of here kid".

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207225 Aug 4, 2013
Im still laughing wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever read anything that didn't require a crayon?
Sure, did you?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Knoxville, TN

#207226 Aug 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me tell you what I know about writing... Basically, there is no wrong or right way to write; unless you're a journalist, a columnist, or a sky-writer. Whatever the market will bear... And even then, it's pretty much up to the author.

I don't write for your pleasure. Rather, I write for mine.

If you miss out on my brilliance, that's your problem.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207227 Aug 4, 2013
Nice evening.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207228 Aug 4, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me tell you what I know about writing... Basically, there is no wrong or right way to write; unless you're a journalist, a columnist, or a sky-writer. Whatever the market will bear... And even then, it's pretty much up to the author.
I don't write for your pleasure. Rather, I write for mine.
If you miss out on my brilliance, that's your problem.
That's where you're wrong. It's the writer's problem if the reader misses his brilliance. Read Vonnegut's rules for writing fiction-

http://www.novelr.com/2007/11/15/kurt-vonnegu...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) 7 hr Hanson Bologna 4,511
News Selena Gomez drastically changes her look for tour 22 hr K - DJ 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Redondo Beach (Oct '15) Thu Rosa Gonzalez 38
What has happened to Lynwood? (Dec '05) Wed JustStop 1,095
Dan is not the man Wed Rodrad 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Wed stupid republicans 20,391
Review: Pro Elim Photo Photography (Nov '14) Jul 24 Kristen 5

Torrance Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Torrance Mortgages