Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,321

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205020 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn’t say that, I said I don’t know of any that don’t support same sex marriage.
I have not lost any friends over my views.
I probably just don’t travel much in the gutter trash circles you do.
How much did you get paid, to say that?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205021 Jul 26, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
How sweet, sticking up for your fellow moron. With a statement like that, obviously we don't have to worry about you procreating.
You seem to have a fixation on the sexual proclivities of the posters in here. Are you cruising for some action?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205022 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Those words are not on the marriage license and are not requirements, nor is any ceremony, people marry in front of a justice of the peace all the time.
nor is the term consummate
You can get an annulment or divorce for no reason at all.
And our government will not step in and force and annulment regardless of your "consummation" argument if neither party wants one, we don’t force the ending of marriages, one party has to actually desire it, and if one party does, they don’t even need a reason, so consummation is totally irrelevant
Do you have any other non-issues you would like me to explain to you?
Yes. Why did you sell out your civil liberties for a paycheck? Did you realize that you were doing so, or did you simply sign the contract?
Pressiors

Monrovia, CA

#205023 Jul 26, 2013
RinkO or is the RockO? either way the rocks are hurting your head when they roll around.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205024 Jul 26, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"Husband" and "wife" aren't on the marriage license? Not requirements? In 30 plus states they are. I pointed out the pronouncement, I did not specify who pronounced them.
<quoted text>
It is part of marriage law though.
<quoted text>
Failure to consummate is grounds for an annulment in several states, including California.
<quoted text>
With no fault divorce, that's true.
<quoted text>
Never said the government would force an annulment.
<quoted text>
You continue to state SSM and OSM are treated the same. I've pointed out the obvious, which you are unable to, or unwilling to, acknowledge. They're not exactly the same. Nice try though.
You've already handed him his ass. His contract states that he must not admit failure. He must plow on through the argument as if he is winning, or else he'll suffer a pay decrease. He'll not admit defeat.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205025 Jul 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You love to argue consummation. I would like for you to list the number of marriages that have been annulled over the past decade based on consummation issues.
I also want you to show me where, in the law, same-gender marriages are unable to consummate their marriage. Did those who argued at the Supreme Court in favor of Prop. 8 or DOMA even bring up the issue of consummation?
It's a ridiculous and desperate argument. You should consider dropping it.
You'll have to supply a website that may be used for resarch. I typed that in, but nowhere does a link come up, with a view to specific statistics. Unless, of course, you already know that it cannot be researched.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205026 Jul 26, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>How lonely you must be.(baby tears),,,
Shit, he ain't lonely. He has many "lock-step" friends. The "we are one" crowd that his company allows him to associate with. The "pre-approved friend" list.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205027 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
They are stretching every word they can think of, twisting and distorting every law on the books trying to contrive a way to not allow equal rights.
If they came up with an intelligent argument ( no one has yet ), they might get better response, but as long as their arguments are “consummation”,“procreation”, the words "husband and wife" or reasons for an “annulment” or divorce, any response to such lame arguments is going to sound condescending.
When they start acting like adults, I will treat them like adults.
They are adults. You are a pompous ass. And a company tool.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205028 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all :)
There aren’t as many homophobic ignorant morons as you might think
Your company has weeded out all of the free thinkers?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205029 Jul 26, 2013
justhefacts wrote:
<quoted text>
How can this be “Good” news. Think one of the Biggest reasons vote Dem is because o f Gay marriage BS. They don’t give a dam what damages the Libs has dobe to this country for the past 50 years. Look at the Lib voter base in murders and Crime. Now lets look at the “Marriage”
More then 50% of marriages now fail in the U.S. when women went WAY overboard on Equality and now its reverse Equality
That said the DEMS KILLED the institution of marriage and yet we now say YEA for Gay marriage that wants to not only make Marriage a political issue its now a FAILED Institution
Again shows how the LIBS are small pea brain thinkers. Not unlike little children.
So the Dummies are fighting to join a club that more then half of the previous club members Quit
All I see here is ignorant.
They don't understand the REAL damage that is being done, so that they may get their "yum-yums". They have no care for the costs, so long as they get what they want.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205030 Jul 26, 2013
More facts wrote:
<quoted text>You are spot on. Fact is, the feminism, no need for a man movement of the 60s is what started the rebellion and homosexual movement. Once these woman raised boys with no penis, they became butch girls or feme gay men. It is all about women hating themselves.
Women are beautiful, whether pregnant, barefoot, or in the boardroom. TYhe feminist women devalued wives and mothers and therefore destroyed much of our greatest natural resource, mothers and homes.
REAL men are being systematically decimated, replaced by "males". Pseudo-men, with no real claim to manhood. Puppets to be cowed.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205031 Jul 26, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly Big D, trix are for kids. He is pointing out that there are differences between the two relationships, and the laws reflect that. But you're too full of yourself to admit that....you might get kicked out of the rainbow clubhouse.
And his corporate cubicle. He is Dilbert.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205032 Jul 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
But you said this thread is moot. Changed your mind Oh, Mighty D?
Yep, his code of conduct is under constant scrutiny. Big Brother is watching Big D. It's all very........"Big"... That's the codename. "Big______" is the trigger tag.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205033 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am pointing out that same sex couples are legally married in a growing number of states and recognized at the federal level as well, regardless of any lame arguments about "procreation". "consummation" or any words used in any ceremonies and any divorce or annulment procedures which are never used to prevent people from being able to marry.
There's a good little toadie. The surveillance camera smiles benificently at you.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205034 Jul 26, 2013
POOF wrote:
<quoted text>Why?
Because he said so. The matter has been decided. SSM's are defunct, and it is so lame to argue otherwise that it should be dropped.
Amy

Fullerton, CA

#205035 Jul 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boo hoo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0tdsL4kvp_IXX
Pity, you too.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205036 Jul 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
If I understand things correctly, here's where we stand:
Pietro--believes that since same-sex couples are not able to consummate their marriage with reproductive sex, then their marriage is invalid. He also believes that polygamy and incest should be legalized since same-sex marriage is legal.
Frankie--believes that he must post every 2 to 5 minutes. He believes that gay marriage is OK, so long as polygamy and incest marriages are also legal.
Kimare--believes about two-dozen things when it comes to marriage. First he believes that same-sex couples are "redumbdant" because they are unable to have children. But he swears that he does not believe the reproductive capabilities or intentions of a couple should be taken into account when it comes to marriage.
He also believes that marriage is a "cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior"; but also agrees that there are reasons for marrying other than just to reproduce.
He believes that homosexuality is a disorder since no one has ever been able to determine the cause of it. But he accepts that gravity is natural, even though we don't know what causes it either.
He believes that all anal sex is harmful and demeaning, even though a good number of straight people engage in it. And I'm Assuming he also agrees with anal sex within the confines of marriage--so long as the couples are straight.
he believes he has a God-given right to judge others, but claims that he has never made a judgment about a person's relationship.
Laughing Man and Rock Hudsony are pretty much irrelevant. Laughing Man is a troll. And Rock just hates gays.
Are we all on the same page now?
Son, we're not even in the same chapter. I do not hate gays, I just argue my side with logic. You should be so lucky. One minute, you claim to be "250 lbs of mean and angry f***ot", the next you claim to be a pacifist, and on meds. A bipolar, medicated social worker. That's merely the preface.
Pietro is stating the facts, as they were, before the lawyers got involved, and changed the Constitutio into a Libertine License.
Frank has worked all of his life, and served honorably and has every right to post in his retirement years.
KiMare is arguing sensible facts, with a religious view, and having his personal info given out, a blatant assault on his privacy, by a poster that will not give out his name, or even a picture.
Laughing Man is no different than Chongo, except that LM has not told anyone to give their kids "pearl necklaces", a transgression that shoud have drawn protest from your side, as a foul shot.
Furthermore, when my side has produced idiots, we(my side) has attacked them, with gusto. IE: little brain, gustavo, bruno, etc. Something about policing our side. A phenomenon that has not been replicated by your side. Your side has crossed more decency lines than mine, and all have applauded each other. Another of your claims to not read "greybox" posts, while responding to same. Another of your posters promotes prostitution and drug addiction. Yet another cackles insanely. Another still denies any sort of higher power. I could go on, but is it really necessary? NOW, my good ......man (?) Are we on the same page yet?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205037 Jul 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
We know what causes gravity you pointy head sociologist.
I've already schooled him about that, the cretin tried to argue about that, with me. And I'm the one with the degree in Astrophysics.
:-D
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#205038 Jul 26, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
Pity, you too.
I bet you have many "issues" doncha honey?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205039 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Gravity, it isnt just a good idea, its the law.:P
Let's do it your way. Let's defy the laws and change them. Then, we could ALL levitate, like you do when your head swells and you don your cape....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) 10 hr Skew da Poich 4,504
suge night 22 hr white pride 1
car accident on PCH Fri Alberto 2
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Wed Alberto 19,592
Porsche will deliver more Macans to US dealerships Jan 28 butchbutch 1
3 Long Beach post offices targeted for possible... (Aug '09) Jan 26 The Mad Man 40
Lawyer accused of ethics breach (Mar '08) Jan 24 SCmm 56

Torrance News Video

Torrance Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Torrance People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:06 pm PST