Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,146

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#190761 May 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Stocking wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't use the word Monster, why monster? are we living in an anime. Mutation?, may be, but really I think diversity, genetic rarity. Monster has obvious negative implications and mutation, well were you born with regular DNA then something happened to change it. You've said chimera, I'm thinking this is what I call mosaic: a variable mix of XX and XY in any given sample. If that's the case then why use the term monster mutation, other than for dramatic effect. Well, you have the right to call yourself what you like, I was questioning the mental health of it, but then if you're happy I suppose it doesn't matter. Personally I call myself Intersexed with a genetic mosaic.
<quoted text>
The fact that you agree with this part of Stocking's post only affirms that you are as ignorant of a genetic chimera as he is.
There is no 'mosaic' of DNA. There are two complete sets of DNA in me. To top that off, I have a functioning penis and a non-functioning vagna. And don't forget the third nipple.
If anyone deserves the term 'monster mutation', it is me. However, like GLBT's, that is about our physical mistakes. It is not who we are, unless we deny it. Then that distortion becomes something personal, and affects our personal life and those around us.
My challenge to people is walk with fearless honesty as far as you can in every aspect of your life. It is only there you will make the best and healthiest choices in life.
I came on here to understand the issue. What I found was some of the deepest denial in existence. About something as clear and simple as relationship types and sex. I simply put my verbal finger on the denial with reality and watch the mercury squirm.
Smile.
Excuse me! I am not in the least bit ignorant of what you call a genetic chimera. I know exactly what you mean by it. It's obviously a difference in word usage. A mosaic of DNA IS the same with XX AND XY. Tell the genetic consultant who told me the words 'genetic mosaic' that that isn't a term. Chimera, mosaic - it's the same thing.
I don't know what you mean by non-functioning... what is it supposed to be doing?? Anyway... your physicality is slightly different to mine, as it often is between Intersexed individuals, but it's still as irregular. And what does having a third nipple have anything to do with it. People have them and usually get them removed; just as some people have an extra finger or toe; doesn't make you a monster.
You have been telling people, in effect, that their relationships are wrong: you have used negative wording such as denial, violent defect, and so on. You have also been telling people their marriages are not proper marriages despite the law disagreeing with you. People, of whatever sexual orientation and gender, are marrying out of love; they don't, for the most part, care about the origins of 'restraint on evolutionary mating behaviour' because often they have already had children or are not marrying in order to have them. SSM is gradually becoming a fact in law, if you continue to disagree with it it will become you who is in denial.

Location hidden

#190762 May 2, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless your "mutation" interferes with yourself or society, then it is hardly "monstrous".
Cancer is a "monstrous mutation".
Alzheimer's Disease is a "monstrous mutation".
Being intersexed is not a "monstrous mutation". It may be atypical, but it's not a monstrosity.
Thank you. That was the sentiment I was Trying to express to KiMare.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#190763 May 2, 2013
Stocking wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me! I am not in the least bit ignorant of what you call a genetic chimera. I know exactly what you mean by it. It's obviously a difference in word usage. A mosaic of DNA IS the same with XX AND XY. Tell the genetic consultant who told me the words 'genetic mosaic' that that isn't a term. Chimera, mosaic - it's the same thing.
I don't know what you mean by non-functioning... what is it supposed to be doing?? Anyway... your physicality is slightly different to mine, as it often is between Intersexed individuals, but it's still as irregular. And what does having a third nipple have anything to do with it. People have them and usually get them removed; just as some people have an extra finger or toe; doesn't make you a monster.
You have been telling people, in effect, that their relationships are wrong: you have used negative wording such as denial, violent defect, and so on. You have also been telling people their marriages are not proper marriages despite the law disagreeing with you. People, of whatever sexual orientation and gender, are marrying out of love; they don't, for the most part, care about the origins of 'restraint on evolutionary mating behaviour' because often they have already had children or are not marrying in order to have them. SSM is gradually becoming a fact in law, if you continue to disagree with it it will become you who is in denial.
Imagine if an airplane engineer generalized facts like you do. "That part is not bad, it is different."

I have been 'telling' people the facts that conflict with the reality. You are enabling denial. You think that is a caring thing to do. It is not.

I would guess that you have a 'haunting' in the back of your mind about your condition. To justify it, you seek others to accept your 'mosaic' denial by trying to justifying theirs.

Your last thought about children is a perfect example. And just a note; Reality doesn't need the law to exist.

Smile.

Location hidden

#190764 May 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine if an airplane engineer generalized facts like you do. "That part is not bad, it is different."
I have been 'telling' people the facts that conflict with the reality. You are enabling denial. You think that is a caring thing to do. It is not.
I would guess that you have a 'haunting' in the back of your mind about your condition. To justify it, you seek others to accept your 'mosaic' denial by trying to justifying theirs.
Your last thought about children is a perfect example. And just a note; Reality doesn't need the law to exist.
Smile.
Ok, but people are more than their bodies (machine parts). An aircraft does not have feelings.
A genetic mutation or a sexuality differentiation does not make a person less valid, and I don't agree that anyone ought to think so. True, those who are not procreating are not serving that aspect of the species; but then who's to say it isn't part of nature's design to limit itself. Besides, gay couples can have children in various ways if they choose.
I don't have a haunting, I was wondering if you did! Like I said before if you're happy calling yourself a monster then that's Ok. I would wonder about Anybody who called themselves by a derogatory term.
No, reality doesn't need the law to exist, but the law is part of reality. The reality is if the law says marriage includes SS then it does. Marriage is a legal document and definition not an entity unto itself.

Location hidden

#190765 May 2, 2013
Oh, I forgot to say KiMare.
I have no denial or need for justification. Like I said you use the word 'chimera' and I use the word 'mosaic' but we are actually referring to the same thing. I am not trying to justify my intersex (your word here is hermaphrodite). It needs no justification. I am who I am and am completely accepting of myself. I was not trying to justify myself by justifying you, I was curious and slightly concerned as to your image of yourself because of you calling yourself a monster. Mutation, Ok, but monster implies something horrid to be disliked.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#190766 May 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You wish honey.
My point all along is that reality is unbeatable and has a vicious bitch slap.
Same sex marriage is as valid and as legal as your marriage

Fact

And that fact is spreading, becoming a fact in more and more states and nations every year, lately every month

also a fact

Welcome to your "bitch slap" of reality

turning your head and denying the fact, doesn’t change the fact

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#190768 May 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You wish honey.
My point all along is that reality is unbeatable and has a vicious bitch slap. The denial and deceit of this issue is going the same way it has every time it has in the past. Failure and disappointment is inevitable.
Smile.
And my point, all along, it's that your "reality" is yours alone. The bitch slap that you're so anxiously awaiting isn't going to happen. Or, should one happen, you'll be the one getting slapped; perhaps by your inner lesbian. Your tenacity is admirable, but ultimately failure and disappointment are yours.

Troll on, Kuntmary.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#190769 May 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I have yet to see you post facts. Moreover, you take every opportunity to bash anyone who disagrees with equating duplicate sterile halves with marriage using a bigoted judgment of religion.
No one is denying anyone marriage or legitimate rights. We are simply saying get your own, you have never qualified for marriage in any culture at anytime anywhere. Why? Because it is clear they are distinct relationships.
You are attacking and demanding everyone accept your fallacy. Has never happened before, and won't happen this time.
Smile.
<quoted text>
1. No, I bash stupidity and denial like yours.
2. I can list all the history of claimed ss 'marriages' on one hand.
3. There are distinct REASONS for marriage. Only one relationship is termed marriage. Calling ss couples marriage would dumb it down to a meaningless term.
SMile.
<quoted text>
1. I keep specifically pointing out why you fail as a professional social worker. You simply made an ad homoan attack.
2. There were, are and will be Pastors. There never was, is or will be ss couples 'married'. See the difference?
Smirk.
1.) Just because you bash my work as a social worker doesn't mean that you know anything about my performance or what I do.

2.) You keep lying about how there never were, and there are not now Same-Sex marriages. You, as a pastor, KNOW that these comments are outright lies, yet you continue to make them.

3.) You cry about being "attacked". That's rich, coming from the likes of you. If ya can't stand the heat, Mary, skip out of the kitchen.

Knoxville, TN

#190770 May 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Which brings up the inherent harm, unhealthiness and demeaning nature of anal sex. The violent imitation of natural, normal sex. A clear distinction between ss couples and marriage at the most intimate level.
See the difference between a crude ad homoan gay troll attack and an indisputable point of reason?
Smile.
You keep speaking about the inherent harm, unhealthiness, and demeaning nature of anal sex. And yet people, gay and straight, have been engaging in it for eons--still do today. It's as old as time.

Your obsession with other peoples asses never fails to make me chuckle.

You have your head so far up your own ass, I don't see how you have time to have your nose in anyone else's. That must be quite a trick.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#190771 May 2, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep speaking about the inherent harm, unhealthiness, and demeaning nature of anal sex. And yet people, gay and straight, have been engaging in it for eons--still do today. It's as old as time.
Your obsession with other peoples asses never fails to make me chuckle.
You have your head so far up your own ass, I don't see how you have time to have your nose in anyone else's. That must be quite a trick.
His low opinion of same sex marriage is still a compliment compared to my opinion of his marriage. And my opinions are as important as his opinions are.:)

The only thing that actually counts, is the legal opinion, and just about all movement is in the right direction
Big D

Modesto, CA

#190772 May 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
But your personal reality relies on the opinion of your imaginary playmate.

But you are in denial about that
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190773 May 2, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Imaginary Playmate Bless America

"While the storm clouds gather far across the sea,
Let us swear allegiance to a land that's free,
Let us all be grateful for a land so fair,
As we raise our voices in a solemn prayer. "

Imaginary playmate Bless America,
Land that I love.
Stand beside her, and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans, white with foam
Imaginary playmate bless America, My home sweet home.
Beedee BK

Covina, CA

#190774 May 2, 2013
B.K. Holthaus

Tries to suck on both ends of the stick with postings like this.

The downtown needs something to attract a more "active"crowd and a younger crowd.

Anyway, I think that people need to think bigger and outside the box here if they really want more attention given to the Village.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190775 May 2, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether you believe in God or not, he is not a "playmate".
rizzioes

Covina, CA

#190776 May 2, 2013
GOD doesn't have time to be worried or bothered by fankie rizzioes.

Knoxville, TN

#190778 May 2, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
His low opinion of same sex marriage is still a compliment compared to my opinion of his marriage. And my opinions are as important as his opinions are.:)
The only thing that actually counts, is the legal opinion, and just about all movement is in the right direction
Excellent post!

You know, one of the only reasons I even engage this troll is so that any young or closeted gay people who might come across his words can have both sides of the argument presented.

Kimare is obviously a homophobe, for lack of a better word.

He believes that homosexuals are broken--physically and emotionally. And doesn't mince words when it comes to expressing his opinions.

I think his words incite hatred and fear.

And the more of us who counter his comments with words that support the LGBT Community, the better.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#190779 May 2, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post!
You know, one of the only reasons I even engage this troll is so that any young or closeted gay people who might come across his words can have both sides of the argument presented.
He believes that homosexuals are broken--physically and emotionally. And doesn't mince words when it comes to expressing his opinions.
And the more of us who counter his comments with words that support the LGBT Community, the better.
He is in a dwindling minority of Americans.

I think anyone that hands their moral compass over to political figures ( you know, those guys behind the pulpit that twist ancient texts to mean whatever they want them to mean for today ) are broken mentally and emotionally.

I happen to be straight myself, so are my children, I do have a few friends in the LGBT community, specifically a very close friend in the T category that I speak with every week ( although on the other side of the country for the last couple of decades )

My problem with these bigots is their un-American attitude. Wanting to single out a group of people based on Race, Color, Creed, Sex, Religion, Orientation or National Origin and deny them equal rights is specifically un-American.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190780 May 2, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post!
"troll" Topix definition- Anyone who disagrees with a liberal.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190781 May 2, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
He is in a dwindling minority of Americans.
I think anyone that hands their moral compass over to political figures ( you know, those guys behind the pulpit that twist ancient texts to mean whatever they want them to mean for today ) are broken mentally and emotionally.
I happen to be straight myself, so are my children, I do have a few friends in the LGBT community, specifically a very close friend in the T category that I speak with every week ( although on the other side of the country for the last couple of decades )
My problem with these bigots is their un-American attitude. Wanting to single out a group of people based on Race, Color, Creed, Sex, Religion, Orientation or National Origin and deny them equal rights is specifically un-American.
WOW! A friend in the "T category"! We're real proud of you Big D!

Knoxville, TN

#190782 May 2, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's your problem. You don't give a damn about the law or the Constitution, just your personal agenda.
And it is this attitude, once exposed, that will prove detrimental to your cause and public opinion towards it.
You seem to think that the LGBT community is acting in some secretive manner; that our attitude needs to be "exposed" so that others can see it.

We have acted above board with regards to our processes. We have sought justice through the court systems.

Just because you don't believe we are acting in a way that the Constitution permits doesn't mean that we don't have the right to pursue whatever avenues we believe we need to take.

How many court cases are heard each year in which plaintiffs are told that their case has no merit?

These people aren't abusing the court system. It just means that a judge or group of judges believe that they are wrong in the eyes of the law.

So, if we fail at the Supreme Court, it doesn't mean that we have acted duplicitously.

Besides, if our argument was so obviously out of step with the Constitution, how did it get this far? Don't you think our case would have been struck down by Judge Walker, the three Appellate Judges, or refused by the Supreme Court?

Apparently, folks seem to think our argument warrants their time and attention.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 min tcaud 19,486
Torrance Music Thread (Apr '14) Nov 24 Musikologist 2
Adopt-a-family for Christmas (Dec '08) Nov 23 tabitatoney 49
Review: Pro Elim Photo Photography Nov 22 padilla0607 2
LOS ANGELES: Consulado Mexicano Sobre Ruedas es... (Nov '08) Nov 22 reyvel 225
VISAS Y PASAPORTES MEXICANOS: Consulado Mexican... (Feb '13) Nov 20 Elvira Rodriguez 13
Who do you support for Governor in California i... (Oct '10) Nov 20 ketinomotermer 3,766

Torrance News Video

Torrance Dating
Find my Match

Torrance People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Torrance News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Torrance

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:03 am PST