Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,126)

Showing posts 162,501 - 162,520 of200,229
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Did anybody see the Jerry Springer episode today? I was just watching it, and that right there is why I think same sex relations are gross. You have guys who dress and act like girls, and girls who look and dress and act like guys. Total trash!!!!
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your imaginary playmate tell you this? Or do you think you are psychic?
Do you know how to read? He said he WAS married and now he's happy with men, so I'm guessing that's because his ex wife was so horrible he said the hell with woman I'm going to men!lol

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true I treat all religions equally
Christianity is as valid as Volcano worship, Islam is as valid as Scientology, all the same in the eyes of the law.
And you are free to believe one or all of the, and deserve equal protection and equal rights under the law in practicing them.
and we are free to laugh at them as well
You forgot your religion that requires a greater faith then all of them. The puddle of crud theory. Talk about fairy tales....LOL.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, just because something isn't openly discussed in history does not mean it didn't take place. There is an 11,600 year old drawing on a cave in Sicily that depicts homosexuality.
You won't likely find that in a traditional history book.
But given the age, I believe it qualifies as an example of how homosexual behavior has "deep seated roots" in the society of mankind.
Other depictions have been found that are 9,000 years old and over 4,000 years old.
Keep in mind that the Jewish race is believed to be about 3,800 years old.
So homosexuality was in place LONG before the name Yahweh was ever uttered from someone's lips.
Have I proven my point?
Not quite. I never said same sex sexual behavior is new. Quite the contrary. However despite its existence, it has not translated into SSM across time and place. If it did, would this debate be necessary? No, SSM would already b part of our culture.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't laugh the argument out of court. They politely laughed at the lame joke about older people procreating.
Thanks paisan.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hemp Telelgraph. Can't even spell his own name.
That dopey jackass Big D, always ranting about religion, is on my side too. Oy vey.
seems like they found tommy the hemp head again. Hope they can cure him this time.
Burning

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Confederate Flag Removed From North Carolina State Capitol, March 2013..
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot your religion that requires a greater faith then all of them. The puddle of crud theory. Talk about fairy tales....LOL.
I donít have a religion, I am not bound by any kind of faith at all, someone shows me actual evidence, that has been through extensive peer review and I will happily take it into consideration.

You can go back to your magic tree, talking snake, and rib woman
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know how to read? He said he WAS married and now he's happy with men, so I'm guessing that's because his ex wife was so horrible he said the hell with woman I'm going to men!lol
Guessing is exactly what you are doing, you are in no position to judge
Morrados

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Smooth and easy, just as if it were all above board and legal.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I didnít call anyone a liar, a joke was made, the question asked, the lawyers could not respond and the topic was dropped.
You can lie all you want, but it was laughed out of court, that is certainly my view of it and the view of quite a number of other people.
If you want to talk about losing, lets see what happens in the next couple of months with Prop 8 and DOMA
care to make a wager... loser?
Nothing was laughed out of court. Go take a freshman cultural anthropology class and learn about the connection between procreation and marriage.

Arguing that procreation has NOTHING to do with marriage is dumb. Arguing that it is irrelevant to modern marriage is smart. But you're angry and dumb.

No, I don't want to make a wager. DOMA will go down as it should. DOMA was never constitutional and I've often said that but your anger and bias makes you see only what you want to see.

And when DOMA goes down we'll be a step closer to true marriage equality. And maybe soon those "child molesting welfare cheats" you hate will have equal rights too. And then I'll laugh at you squirming!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No thanks I will post what I like where I like, particularly as it seems to annoy you :)
Just don't start whining and try to proclaim that other forms of marriage which you hate are "off topic".
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing was laughed out of court. Go take a freshman cultural anthropology class and learn about the connection between procreation and marriage.
Arguing that procreation has NOTHING to do with marriage is dumb. Arguing that it is irrelevant to modern marriage is smart. But you're angry and dumb.
No, I don't want to make a wager. DOMA will go down as it should. DOMA was never constitutional and I've often said that but your anger and bias makes you see only what you want to see.
And when DOMA goes down we'll be a step closer to true marriage equality. And maybe soon those "child molesting welfare cheats" you hate will have equal rights too. And then I'll laugh at you squirming!
sure it was

a joke was made, a question asked, no valid response was given and the lawyers dropped it. That is about the definition of being laughed out of court for an argument.

DOMA is dead meat, when the intention of DOMA was read in court... it was toast.

you are in error once again that I am opposed to Poly... I am not, I donít think it will happen as fast as you do, but that is just a matter of opinion, I am not opposed to poly marriage.

Prop 8 will likely be tossed back to California on standing, either that or they will just agree with the court that overturned prop 8. Either way prop 8 is doomed

and even if on the outside chance they donít overturn prop 8, a simple ballot vote will overturn it, either way Prop 8 is doomed.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot your religion that requires a greater faith then all of them. The puddle of crud theory. Talk about fairy tales....LOL.
That is true. Rabid atheists like Big D have are the very same as rabid religionists. That's the paradox of atheism. It takes at least as much faith as religion.

Maybe someday bigoted Big D will climb down off his high horse and realize he's no better or smarter than the rest of us mere mortals.
But meanwhile, he's amusing when you push his buttons!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know how to read? He said he WAS married and now he's happy with men, so I'm guessing that's because his ex wife was so horrible he said the hell with woman I'm going to men!lol
Big D tries to change the subject to religion all the time. He's a fanatic when it comes to religion.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Guessing is exactly what you are doing, you are in no position to judge
Never stopped you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
sure it was
a joke was made, a question asked, no valid response was given and the lawyers dropped it. That is about the definition of being laughed out of court for an argument.
DOMA is dead meat, when the intention of DOMA was read in court... it was toast.
you are in error once again that I am opposed to Poly... I am not, I donít think it will happen as fast as you do, but that is just a matter of opinion, I am not opposed to poly marriage.
Prop 8 will likely be tossed back to California on standing, either that or they will just agree with the court that overturned prop 8. Either way prop 8 is doomed
and even if on the outside chance they donít overturn prop 8, a simple ballot vote will overturn it, either way Prop 8 is doomed.
As it should be. It was blatantly unconstitutional for the feds to usurp states rights.

So now you wholeheartedly support those "welfare cheating pedophiles who use polygamy to commit their crimes"?

Do you realize the welfare "cheating" you talk about is the Federal government's own fault? Since poly is illegal, all other wives after the first one are considered SINGLE MOTHERS by the government and thus entitled to welfare as such.

If polygamy becomes legal, it will be so rare that those against it will probably never be offended by the sight of a happy poly family.

And of course you always try to minimize the fact that DOMA discriminates against poly marriage as much as it does against SSM.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
They knew the answer then, you dolt. DOMA was a slick (yet heinous) political maneuver to out-flank a Constitutional Amendment movement. Hawaii almost legalized gay marriage and Congress had a hissy fit. It will have been SO much easier to overturn DOMA than to repeal a Constitutional Amendment. Most of those politicians were lawyers... they knew damn well the federal government has no business passing a FEDERAL law codifiying marriage discrimination into law. It bought them time. Looks like you'll need a few more decades for you to adapt.
They asked the Justice Department about DOMA's constitutionality because they wanted to do the right thing. Don't you think Vice President Biden acted in good faith, when he voted to enact DOMA?

BTW, each time the Justice Department replied DOMA is constitutional.

Wilton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít have a religion, I am not bound by any kind of faith at all, someone shows me actual evidence, that has been through extensive peer review and I will happily take it into consideration.
You can go back to your magic tree, talking snake, and rib woman
You are bound by a huge fairy tale, one that requires a bigger faith then the Historical Fact of Jesus Christ walking the earth. Your peer review are other puddle of crud believers, a group...a religious organization. I don't have the faith to believe in the puddle of crud, don't push that on our kids today.

Wilton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Big D tries to change the subject to religion all the time. He's a fanatic when it comes to religion.
True and notice the gays that also believe in a higher power like "Veryvermillion" won't take a stand for God because of D's stance on SSM. We see the greater importance V. Please don't give me the stirring the pot lecture, I know that for me, I choose God.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 162,501 - 162,520 of200,229
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Torrance Discussions

Search the Torrance Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 6 hr Brian_G 4,860
16-Year-Old Injured While Standing up on Double... 8 hr Carol 16
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 12 hr sloading 7,817
Review: Jewell Investments Inc. 13 hr John 1
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 15 hr The right is wrong 2,225
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 16 hr Chet Booswahnicki 18,495
Weather 22 hr Sarah 2
•••
•••

Torrance News Video

•••
Torrance Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Torrance Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000