Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#186018 Apr 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't laugh the argument out of court. They politely laughed at the lame joke about older people procreating.
Thanks paisan.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#186019 Apr 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hemp Telelgraph. Can't even spell his own name.
That dopey jackass Big D, always ranting about religion, is on my side too. Oy vey.
seems like they found tommy the hemp head again. Hope they can cure him this time.
Burning

La Puente, CA

#186020 Apr 1, 2013
Confederate Flag Removed From North Carolina State Capitol, March 2013..
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186021 Apr 1, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot your religion that requires a greater faith then all of them. The puddle of crud theory. Talk about fairy tales....LOL.
I donít have a religion, I am not bound by any kind of faith at all, someone shows me actual evidence, that has been through extensive peer review and I will happily take it into consideration.

You can go back to your magic tree, talking snake, and rib woman
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186022 Apr 1, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know how to read? He said he WAS married and now he's happy with men, so I'm guessing that's because his ex wife was so horrible he said the hell with woman I'm going to men!lol
Guessing is exactly what you are doing, you are in no position to judge
Morrados

La Puente, CA

#186023 Apr 1, 2013
Smooth and easy, just as if it were all above board and legal.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186024 Apr 1, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I didnít call anyone a liar, a joke was made, the question asked, the lawyers could not respond and the topic was dropped.
You can lie all you want, but it was laughed out of court, that is certainly my view of it and the view of quite a number of other people.
If you want to talk about losing, lets see what happens in the next couple of months with Prop 8 and DOMA
care to make a wager... loser?
Nothing was laughed out of court. Go take a freshman cultural anthropology class and learn about the connection between procreation and marriage.

Arguing that procreation has NOTHING to do with marriage is dumb. Arguing that it is irrelevant to modern marriage is smart. But you're angry and dumb.

No, I don't want to make a wager. DOMA will go down as it should. DOMA was never constitutional and I've often said that but your anger and bias makes you see only what you want to see.

And when DOMA goes down we'll be a step closer to true marriage equality. And maybe soon those "child molesting welfare cheats" you hate will have equal rights too. And then I'll laugh at you squirming!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186025 Apr 1, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No thanks I will post what I like where I like, particularly as it seems to annoy you :)
Just don't start whining and try to proclaim that other forms of marriage which you hate are "off topic".
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186026 Apr 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing was laughed out of court. Go take a freshman cultural anthropology class and learn about the connection between procreation and marriage.
Arguing that procreation has NOTHING to do with marriage is dumb. Arguing that it is irrelevant to modern marriage is smart. But you're angry and dumb.
No, I don't want to make a wager. DOMA will go down as it should. DOMA was never constitutional and I've often said that but your anger and bias makes you see only what you want to see.
And when DOMA goes down we'll be a step closer to true marriage equality. And maybe soon those "child molesting welfare cheats" you hate will have equal rights too. And then I'll laugh at you squirming!
sure it was

a joke was made, a question asked, no valid response was given and the lawyers dropped it. That is about the definition of being laughed out of court for an argument.

DOMA is dead meat, when the intention of DOMA was read in court... it was toast.

you are in error once again that I am opposed to Poly... I am not, I donít think it will happen as fast as you do, but that is just a matter of opinion, I am not opposed to poly marriage.

Prop 8 will likely be tossed back to California on standing, either that or they will just agree with the court that overturned prop 8. Either way prop 8 is doomed

and even if on the outside chance they donít overturn prop 8, a simple ballot vote will overturn it, either way Prop 8 is doomed.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186027 Apr 1, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot your religion that requires a greater faith then all of them. The puddle of crud theory. Talk about fairy tales....LOL.
That is true. Rabid atheists like Big D have are the very same as rabid religionists. That's the paradox of atheism. It takes at least as much faith as religion.

Maybe someday bigoted Big D will climb down off his high horse and realize he's no better or smarter than the rest of us mere mortals.
But meanwhile, he's amusing when you push his buttons!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186028 Apr 1, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know how to read? He said he WAS married and now he's happy with men, so I'm guessing that's because his ex wife was so horrible he said the hell with woman I'm going to men!lol
Big D tries to change the subject to religion all the time. He's a fanatic when it comes to religion.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186029 Apr 1, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Guessing is exactly what you are doing, you are in no position to judge
Never stopped you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186030 Apr 1, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
sure it was
a joke was made, a question asked, no valid response was given and the lawyers dropped it. That is about the definition of being laughed out of court for an argument.
DOMA is dead meat, when the intention of DOMA was read in court... it was toast.
you are in error once again that I am opposed to Poly... I am not, I donít think it will happen as fast as you do, but that is just a matter of opinion, I am not opposed to poly marriage.
Prop 8 will likely be tossed back to California on standing, either that or they will just agree with the court that overturned prop 8. Either way prop 8 is doomed
and even if on the outside chance they donít overturn prop 8, a simple ballot vote will overturn it, either way Prop 8 is doomed.
As it should be. It was blatantly unconstitutional for the feds to usurp states rights.

So now you wholeheartedly support those "welfare cheating pedophiles who use polygamy to commit their crimes"?

Do you realize the welfare "cheating" you talk about is the Federal government's own fault? Since poly is illegal, all other wives after the first one are considered SINGLE MOTHERS by the government and thus entitled to welfare as such.

If polygamy becomes legal, it will be so rare that those against it will probably never be offended by the sight of a happy poly family.

And of course you always try to minimize the fact that DOMA discriminates against poly marriage as much as it does against SSM.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#186031 Apr 1, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
They knew the answer then, you dolt. DOMA was a slick (yet heinous) political maneuver to out-flank a Constitutional Amendment movement. Hawaii almost legalized gay marriage and Congress had a hissy fit. It will have been SO much easier to overturn DOMA than to repeal a Constitutional Amendment. Most of those politicians were lawyers... they knew damn well the federal government has no business passing a FEDERAL law codifiying marriage discrimination into law. It bought them time. Looks like you'll need a few more decades for you to adapt.
They asked the Justice Department about DOMA's constitutionality because they wanted to do the right thing. Don't you think Vice President Biden acted in good faith, when he voted to enact DOMA?

BTW, each time the Justice Department replied DOMA is constitutional.

Elk Grove, CA

#186032 Apr 1, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít have a religion, I am not bound by any kind of faith at all, someone shows me actual evidence, that has been through extensive peer review and I will happily take it into consideration.
You can go back to your magic tree, talking snake, and rib woman
You are bound by a huge fairy tale, one that requires a bigger faith then the Historical Fact of Jesus Christ walking the earth. Your peer review are other puddle of crud believers, a group...a religious organization. I don't have the faith to believe in the puddle of crud, don't push that on our kids today.

Elk Grove, CA

#186033 Apr 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Big D tries to change the subject to religion all the time. He's a fanatic when it comes to religion.
True and notice the gays that also believe in a higher power like "Veryvermillion" won't take a stand for God because of D's stance on SSM. We see the greater importance V. Please don't give me the stirring the pot lecture, I know that for me, I choose God.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186035 Apr 1, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>What a dumbass
I agree. Big D certainly is a dumb ass.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186036 Apr 1, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You are bound by a huge fairy tale, one that requires a bigger faith then the Historical Fact of Jesus Christ walking the earth. Your peer review are other puddle of crud believers, a group...a religious organization. I don't have the faith to believe in the puddle of crud, don't push that on our kids today.
If Big D pushes that crap on my kids I will stand up and smite him and declare victory for truth, justice and the American way! Like Superman!

Always cracks me up when he gets emotional and says dopey stuff like that. Reminds me of the old Superman TV show's opening.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186038 Apr 1, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>True and notice the gays that also believe in a higher power like "Veryvermillion" won't take a stand for God because of D's stance on SSM. We see the greater importance V. Please don't give me the stirring the pot lecture, I know that for me, I choose God.
Many also fear the great Rose_NoHo's disapproval. She's almost as hateful as Big D when it comes to religion.

And of course old Jizzybird/Apollo911 or whatever with his bowl of spaghetti that flies doesn't understand the irony.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186039 Apr 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
If Big D pushes that crap on my kids I will stand up and smite him and declare victory for truth, justice and the American way! Like Superman!
Always cracks me up when he gets emotional and says dopey stuff like that. Reminds me of the old Superman TV show's opening.
We do teach science in schools, I am even invited to a few on specific aspects of science. I have worked with schools and even some church groups on Astronomy

Come on over, stand up and smite me ( chuckle ) you may be in for a bit of a shock when you try.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Young Man Believes Music Can Heal The World 20 hr Jesse Pinkman 172
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Thu Bently 19,568
Sheriff: Thief of Rudolph statue caught red-handed Wed Mitt s Baptism of... 2
Long Beach man strangles cat meant to be gift t... Wed Allen 1
why is compton such a horrible place to live ? (Apr '10) Dec 22 monea 49
Review: CAP Tactical Firearms Dec 21 PPC6MM 1
Manhattan Beach to vote on FAA airspace plan (Oct '10) Dec 20 Voter 23

Torrance News Video

Torrance Dating
Find my Match