Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,192

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#182649 Mar 5, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed...good point.
Thanks

That whole argument always bothered me,“we are a democracy, no we are a republic!”

We are a democratic republic, we are practically the definition of a democratic republic.

And we would not be a nation I would want to live in if we were only one or the other, as either of them alone is terrible in one way or another.

We are not perfect, far from it, but as a representative democracy and a republic, it is tolerable.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#182650 Mar 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks
That whole argument always bothered me,“we are a democracy, no we are a republic!”
We are a democratic republic, we are practically the definition of a democratic republic.
And we would not be a nation I would want to live in if we were only one or the other, as either of them alone is terrible in one way or another.
We are not perfect, far from it, but as a representative democracy and a republic, it is tolerable.
It also allows us to debate the issues of the day, as we do here. Whether agree, disagree, or agree to disagree, we're fortunate to be able to do so. Now back to the show.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#182651 Mar 5, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
It also allows us to debate the issues of the day, as we do here. Whether agree, disagree, or agree to disagree, we're fortunate to be able to do so. Now back to the show.
I thought the rule was you either agree with me or you are a troll ( chuckle )
Frankie Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

#182652 Mar 5, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Like many on-line here, I too was molested by my uncle at an early age. But I don't continue to cry and bellyache about it. I'm a man and have put those events behind me.
You should do the same, turd4brains.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#182653 Mar 5, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like many on-line here, I too was molested by my uncle at an early age. But I don't continue to cry and bellyache about it. I'm a man and have put those events behind me.
You should do the same, turd4brains.
Are you hoping that people on your same low level will not notice that the person you are trying to impersonate always posts from Union City? How's it feel to be an ass? I guess we can ask your uncle.
chris

Murrieta, CA

#182654 Mar 5, 2013
Obama's planning a war against the people, so he can start the new world order, Don't fall for it. http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtrut...
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#182655 Mar 5, 2013
chris wrote:
Obama's planning a war against the people, so he can start the new world order, Don't fall for it. http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtrut...
Obviously, YOU sure fell for a hot, steaming pile of it.
McMansions

Covina, CA

#182656 Mar 5, 2013
More trash being to be sold before all HECK breaks loose in the housing market, China falls then the USA.

More fees or taxes will cause sever harship.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#182657 Mar 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the rule was you either agree with me or you are a troll ( chuckle )
Cute.....That's usually what the lefties say.(Smirk).:)
RiccardoFire Jr

Los Angeles, CA

#182658 Mar 5, 2013
Anybody seen my Pop? Last week he left by Greyhound to West Hollywood with a box of tube jelly and we haven't heard from him since.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#182659 Mar 5, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Cute.....That's usually what the lefties say.(Smirk).:)
actually I always get that crap from the right

goes both ways, net thing

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#182661 Mar 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
actually I always get that crap from the right
goes both ways, net thing
Fair enough Big D.:)
REALLY

Murrieta, CA

#182662 Mar 5, 2013
Big D

Modesto, CA

#182663 Mar 5, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough Big D.:)
We live in divided times, I wish it wasn’t like that.

When I was young, raised as a Republican, my parents looked at democrats as fellow patriots that loved this country, but had some ideas that they somewhat disagreed with, and vice versa.

Today we live in a time where the other side are not considered patriots at all, are enemies of the country.

It is getting close to like it was before the Civil war

I wish it wasn’t like that

( and I know I am part of the problem too )

The media isnt helping, it is making it worse.
McMansions

Covina, CA

#182664 Mar 5, 2013
Another dictator has bitten the dust
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#182666 Mar 5, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
...and how many degrees do you have?
I hold 2 degrees, sir, Astrophysics and Chemical Engineering. Et toi ?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#182667 Mar 5, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigfoot, a "cop out"? LOL. You don't even know what the term means!
Damn, you are ugly and clueless.
Of course I do. I used the term perfectly. And in proper context.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#182668 Mar 5, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you racists call black people monkeys when monkeys have straight hair, light skin, thin lips and flat butts?
Diversionary tactic, used to avoid acknowledging the perfect analogy.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#182669 Mar 5, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, you silly hick. I can tell from Rose's posts that she's educated, so yes, I believe her.
You, on the other hand, are very easily spotted as uneducated. Not only that, but you embrace your ignorance and wear it as a badge of honor. You don't even have enough sense to keep your stupid mouth shut.
Patently obvious from all those insults that he uses...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#182670 Mar 5, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
And your rational argument is?
LOL!
If you could form a rational argument, you'd be able to do something that requires more brains than driving a truck, Bigfoot!
What a pity, that you have little knowledge, or insight, of my ability to decide to do what I wish to do, as opposed to your lack of options, and dependency upon the welfare state, to provide yourself with crack money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 hr True blue 19,387
Downtown Manhattan Beach Thu Bently 4
Gone Girls: Human Trafficking on the Home Front... Oct 21 Reader 1
Del Amo Fashion Center owners announce $200M up... (Aug '10) Oct 15 SMR 134
ASK THE LAWYER: Lawyers can be certified as spe... (Jun '09) Oct 13 maryjaneprincton 3
South Bay hospitals work to reduce emergency ro... Oct 5 Kate Smith 1
Do you approve of Pat Furey as Council Member? Sep 28 Frank Scotto 1

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at October 25 at 2:44AM PDT

Torrance News Video

Torrance Dating
Find my Match

Torrance Jobs

Torrance People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Torrance News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Torrance

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]