Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,976

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182626 Mar 4, 2013
Rose_NoHo is a liar, faking that she supports gay marriage when really she just wants to spit venom.

She thinks she will be respected and can get away with any bad behavior simply for pretending to support equality.

Everyone can easily see right through her.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#182627 Mar 4, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Tell that to Regnerus.
He knew that XBox, and admitted there were limitations to his study.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#182628 Mar 4, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
"Frankie Rizzo" is just a troll who is flying under false colors. He's actually against gay marriage, and attacks anybody in the forum in favor of it, using the red herring of polygamy. Bet he has never posted in a forum about polygamy...
Red herring is delicious with pasta.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#182629 Mar 4, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Randy-Rock-Hudson has 98.6 of them.:)
Rosie made a funny. Atta girl!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#182630 Mar 4, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure that somehow made sense to you, but not me. Did MSNBC make incorrect predictions about the election like FUX News did?
FYI.... I don't watch either one. I read.
As do I Xbox....as do I.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182631 Mar 4, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Red herring is delicious with pasta.
It goes good with crow too. As Rose_NoHo and others will one day find.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#182632 Mar 4, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get a life as well loser.
Who but some loser punk like you would spit venom at a group of people like gays whom have nothing to do with you nor cause harm and are looking for a basic right to live their lives freely yet you just don't like it.
I'll bet my penny collection there's at least 12,904 things people don't like about you yet even I would protect your ability to live free in a free country.
You're a putz. Mind your own God damned business and leave gays alone idiot. Have a good week -
All that effort to throw a tantrum and show the world how juvenile you are, and yet in all the nonsense not even a semblance of a response.
----------
BTW, since you agree Article V isn't made up, perhaps now you could read it. Then we could discuss how it was violated during the drafting of the 14th Amendment.
If we ever get you educated that far, which is highly doubtful, we can then discuss the use of martial law during the ratification when the vote didn't go the way they liked the first time.

Location hidden

#182633 Mar 4, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand? What does discussing Article V have to do with Prop 8? You want to rehash the ratification of the 14th Amendment, go right ahead. The rest of us realize that's all been settled DECADES ago.
We didn't expect you to understand, critical thinking is a difficult thing for you.

But you keep your head in the sand.

BTW, since you agree Article V isn't made up, perhaps now you could read it. Then we could discuss how it was violated during the drafting of the 14th Amendment.
If we ever get you educated that far, which is highly doubtful, we can then discuss the use of martial law during the ratification when the vote didn't go the way they liked the first time.

Location hidden

#182634 Mar 4, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't give a damn what they had in mind,
We know you don't, that's why you are so damn ignorant.
BrassO

Covina, CA

#182635 Mar 4, 2013
The flag horns are coming

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#182636 Mar 4, 2013
BrassO wrote:
The flag horns are coming
QUICK.... Hide the silverware!
BrassO

Covina, CA

#182638 Mar 4, 2013
Not another all brass band marching through again?
Brandon Rhoades

Santee, CA

#182639 Mar 4, 2013
WHY VOTE wrote:
Ok, I don't really care if same sex people get married or are together in any capacity. I am for equal rights BUT.......... I am very annoyed that peoples votes don't mean anything anymore. What happened to a majority vote rules? What happened to the peoples voice?
My stance on this has nothing to do with same sex couples. This is just the latest thing a court has overturned or blocked that THE PEOPLE voted for. Look at AZ., look back at prop. 187 which would have saved is billions in illegal immigrant funding. The people of the USA are trying to make changes to better our country and the few judges are effectively disenfranchising us.
Again this is not directed at same sex couples it is major frustration over the majority loosing there voice.
WHY VOTE????
This is not a republic, it is a democracy. Your vote is just a suggestion for the appointed official. How and when this changed from our founding fathers, I am not sure and do not really care as it is futile.

Location hidden

#182640 Mar 4, 2013
Brandon Rhoades wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not a republic, it is a democracy.
Umm, what?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#182641 Mar 4, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm, what?
I think he reversed them. Still incorrect though. As was the poster he was quoting.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182643 Mar 5, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
"Frankie Rizzo" is just a troll who is flying under false colors. He's actually against gay marriage, and attacks anybody in the forum in favor of it, using the red herring of polygamy. Bet he has never posted in a forum about polygamy...
Says a dumbass troll who is too scared to respond to me directly.

Priceless!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#182644 Mar 5, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Says a dumbass troll who is too scared to respond to me directly.
Priceless!
No, trollette.....she's a trollette.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#182645 Mar 5, 2013
Brandon Rhoades wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not a republic, it is a democracy. Your vote is just a suggestion for the appointed official. How and when this changed from our founding fathers, I am not sure and do not really care as it is futile.
Actually we are a democratic republic, look up the phrase democratic republic in the dictionary and look at the first example given.

The whole popular argument that we are either a democracy or a republic are both wrong, we are both, always have been.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#182646 Mar 5, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
We didn't expect you to understand, critical thinking is a difficult thing for you.
But you keep your head in the sand.
We've had this discussion before. It's over with, dickweed. The 14th Amendment is not going away, and you can squawk about Article V all you like.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#182647 Mar 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually we are a democratic republic, look up the phrase democratic republic in the dictionary and look at the first example given.
The whole popular argument that we are either a democracy or a republic are both wrong, we are both, always have been.
Agreed...good point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 hr free for all 5,081
What has happened to Lynwood? (Dec '05) 9 hr LION CROWD 1,069
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr Chuck 19,222
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 16 hr surfs up 7,955
Free Tips On Plumber Advertising Is Now Offered... (Apr '12) Fri sylvia 6
Review: Total Care Medical Clinic Fri Victor 1
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Fri scoop 2,273
•••

Torrance News Video

•••
•••

Torrance Jobs

•••