Toyota moving US base from California...

Toyota moving US base from California to Texas

There are 1 comment on the Greenwich Citizen story from Apr 29, 2014, titled Toyota moving US base from California to Texas. In it, Greenwich Citizen reports that:

Torrance Mayor Frank Scotto, at podium, holds a news conference to discuss the announced relocation of Toyota Motor Sales' U.S. headquarters, Monday, April 28, 2014, in front of City Hall in Torrance, Calif.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Greenwich Citizen.

Donny Brook

Spicewood, TX

#1 Apr 29, 2014
The median income in Plano is $81,000, but if a Toyota employee is making $75,000 in Torrance they will not get a raise because they could live the same in Plano as in Torrance and the LA area making $49,500. Texas schools a lowly 41, but then California schools are ranked 47 of 50. I don't like to see too many Californians show up at one time because they want to pay more taxes so they can have more stop lights, more school busses, more government agencies like they had in CA. You know, they had the EPA and the CALEPA, they had OSHA and CALOSHA, they had Affirmative Action and Cal Affirmative Action. I don't know how much of their state government copies the feds, but they gotta be rich out there to have two of everything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) 4 hr Hanson Bologna 4,511
News Selena Gomez drastically changes her look for tour 19 hr K - DJ 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Redondo Beach (Oct '15) Thu Rosa Gonzalez 38
What has happened to Lynwood? (Dec '05) Wed JustStop 1,095
Dan is not the man Wed Rodrad 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Wed stupid republicans 20,391
Review: Pro Elim Photo Photography (Nov '14) Jul 24 Kristen 5

Torrance Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Torrance Mortgages