Leveling the Playing Field

May 3, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Easy Reader News

California has a problem. For decades, a state with the twelfth largest economy in the world has been unable to find a way to fund education at even the baseline levels California legislators previously enacted into law.

Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated May 5, 2013
Clayton

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I love this. This two tiered system is so unfair and it's about time that it gets more even. How sad that the poor students currently struggling don't get the same chance as the more lucky ones. It's got to be about fairness and equality for all. And that is non-negotiable.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 3, 2013
 
What are these people talking about? They make the absurd claim that "California... has been unable to find a way to fund education." This ridiculous claim is regularly made by the self-serving taxpayer supported Government agents of the high paid unionized $$$ Big School $$$ industry no matter how much hard earned taxpayer money the politicians shovel down the $$$ Big School $$$ rat-hole.

The fact is that California politicians have never ceased their catering to the Big Union Bosses who represent the wastefully expensive California $$$ Big School $$$ industry. This has been so pervasive that it has bankrupted the entire State.

$$$ Big School $$$ is the biggest State expenditure. It is about time the State's taxpaying victims begin taking a closer look at glib claims such as "per pupil funding in California has, "by some estimates", dropped to 49th in the United States" and begin looking at how these phony figures were compiled.

It's time the California political ruling class see to it that both sides of the bargaining table have representation. Do our children deserve any less?

Ronald
Clayton

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 3, 2013
 
Dropping to 49th place in funding education for the children is not phony Ronald, it's real. And we have the 9th biggest economy in the world. So, we need to stop being so selfish and give all the children a chance at a good education which they deserve. And doing less is not who we are for goodness sakes.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 3, 2013
 
Clayton wrote:
Dropping to 49th place in funding education for the children is not phony Ronald, it's real. And we have the 9th biggest economy in the world. So, we need to stop being so selfish and give all the children a chance at a good education which they deserve. And doing less is not who we are for goodness sakes.
Clayton.

Fair enough. Let's just ignore the huge amount of taxpayer provided federal funding that is diverted to the California $$$ Big School $$$ industry in addition to taxpayer provided State expenditures, let's ignore the fact that many States and DC have a much greater proportion of Africans among the school population than does California, let's also ignore the basic economic law of economy of scale and let's even not demand an explanation at how the proponents for increased taxation arrived at their self-serving conclusions.

Even though we ignore all those elements, the fact remains that California's $$$ Big School $$$ industry has bankrupted the State. Wouldn't it be just common sense for the politicians, corrupt politicians who have long catered to industry wheeler-and-dealers to finally begin providing effective representation at the bargaining table so that the interests of the increasingly impoverished California taxpayer can be represented?

Ronald
Clayton

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Well Ronald, the balance of power has changed, because we are now an inclusive and diverse majority state, and therefore we have politicians representing those majorities interests. It is like inevitablity. And everybody pays taxes, whether it be sales, gas, income or whatever.

So you might as well just go with the flow silly.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 3, 2013
 
Clayton wrote:
Well Ronald, the balance of power has changed, because we are now an inclusive and diverse majority state, and therefore we have politicians representing those majorities interests. It is like inevitablity. And everybody pays taxes, whether it be sales, gas, income or whatever.
So you might as well just go with the flow silly.
Clayton.

Yes. I agree. The minority of Californians who actually pay taxes are the most overtaxed of all Americans. As far as minority-majority cities such as Long Beach goes, it is unfair to blame our "Hispanic" cousins for the State's dire financial condition. The problem began with the 60s 70s era revolutionary ideologues taking control of now dysfunctional California Government schools. We should not permit the revolutionary element (now in power) to make scapegoats of our "Hispanic" cousins for problems they themselves created.

Collective bargaining in the US was legitimized by the Wagner Act. The stated purpose of the Wagner Act was to reduce work stoppages and other impediments to productivity. Although at the State level, California labor law somewhat modified that federal legislation, the principle remains the same. Until distortions emanated out of the revolution of the 60s 70s, it was unheard of for taxpayer funded have the "right" to strike against the public interest. By "playing the system", lowly Government agent California school teachers not only become the highest compensated part-time employees in the entire nation, but they laughingly refer to themselves as "professionals" as well.

The Wagner act and the original California labor law which modified it at the State level never intended granting collective bargaining "rights" to public school Government agents. Nevertheless, since the revolution, such has become a fait accompli that must be dealt with now.

Before bankruptcy leads to the total collapse of this once great State,- often said to be the World's 7th - now 9th - "greatest economy" - is it too much to ask of the political ruling class that effective bargainers be sat at the table to represent the interests of the taxpayer?

The concept of collective bargaining was never meant to provide never ending increases to wages, hours, and conditions of employment, only the right to benefit by collective bargaining according to changing economic conditions. While it is true that gains were made in all those areas from the time the Congress passed the Wagner Act up until the time the revolutionaries took control, the failed economic schemes they implemented, means that such gains are no longer possible. It is now time for the taxpayer to be provided a seat at the bargaining table.

Ronald
Longo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 3, 2013
 
Stop trolling Clayton
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 3, 2013
 
Longo wrote:
Stop trolling Clayton
Longo.

Yes. No one is trolling Clayton. Posters are merely providing him with much needed practical information - information that his high paid Government agent teachers failed to provide him when he attended unbelievably expensive taxpayer funded Government schools.

Ronald
Long Beach Native

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Ronald you are also forgetting to inform Clayton that our schools are also filled to the brim with illegals, anchor babies and gang bangers who have zero intentions of graduating high school, much less contributing to our tax rolls or society in general. We can throw good money after bad, and still there will be kids who refuse to become educated.

Personally, I think it's time, past it really, that we tie welfare to grades. If your kids don't attend a certain amount of days, without a good reason, or pass classes, kick them and the entire family off the dole. Section 8 housing, medical, food stamps, the who enchilada.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 4, 2013
 
Long Beach Native wrote:
Ronald you are also forgetting to inform Clayton that our schools are also filled to the brim with illegals, anchor babies and gang bangers who have zero intentions of graduating high school, much less contributing to our tax rolls or society in general. We can throw good money after bad, and still there will be kids who refuse to become educated.
Personally, I think it's time, past it really, that we tie welfare to grades. If your kids don't attend a certain amount of days, without a good reason, or pass classes, kick them and the entire family off the dole. Section 8 housing, medical, food stamps, the who enchilada.
Long Beach Native.

Yes. That might be a good idea. Our "Hispanic" cousins share the cultural heritage of their Anglo and Germanic kin. Properly motivated, they have the capacity to excel at scholastic endeavors.

Woman cannot achieve true sexual fulfillment unless they are able to bear the children of men whom they respect. Since the revolutionaries gained in power, their dysfunctional social philosophy has resulted in the Anglo woman and her Germanic sisters being unable to successfully reproduce their own kind. Our "Hispanic" cousins have no such problem.

Taking the long view, without children, the revolutionaries would have no adults to pay the ever increasing tax load that shall be necessary to fund their grandiose revolutionary social programs. Like it or not, this means the revolutionaries must provide expensive taxpayer funded Government education so that our "Hispanic" cousins are able to fulfill their true potential as taxpayers.

Ronald
Long Beach Native

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Long Beach Native.
Yes. That might be a good idea. Our "Hispanic" cousins share the cultural heritage of their Anglo and Germanic kin. Properly motivated, they have the capacity to excel at scholastic endeavors.
Woman cannot achieve true sexual fulfillment unless they are able to bear the children of men whom they respect. Since the revolutionaries gained in power, their dysfunctional social philosophy has resulted in the Anglo woman and her Germanic sisters being unable to successfully reproduce their own kind. Our "Hispanic" cousins have no such problem.
Taking the long view, without children, the revolutionaries would have no adults to pay the ever increasing tax load that shall be necessary to fund their grandiose revolutionary social programs. Like it or not, this means the revolutionaries must provide expensive taxpayer funded Government education so that our "Hispanic" cousins are able to fulfill their true potential as taxpayers.
Ronald
There is where you I and I disagree. Our "Hispanic" cousins are nothing like 'us', if they were, they'd not join gangs, breed with reckless abandonment, go on welfare (and all the benefits) as soon as the stick turns blue, would learn that assimilation is better than hanging on to the old ways (ways that never got them anything to begin with), learn to speak English, stop committing crimes, etc.
They drop out of school just as often as blacks, for the same reasons to. Drop out rates and prison/jail records tell the tale. They are everything they espoused as their reasons for hating blacks. They are not better, they are no different.

I think you mean our 'Asians' cousins, right?
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 4, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Long Beach Native wrote:
<quoted text>
There is where you I and I disagree. Our "Hispanic" cousins are nothing like 'us', if they were, they'd not join gangs, breed with reckless abandonment, go on welfare (and all the benefits) as soon as the stick turns blue, would learn that assimilation is better than hanging on to the old ways (ways that never got them anything to begin with), learn to speak English, stop committing crimes, etc.
They drop out of school just as often as blacks, for the same reasons to. Drop out rates and prison/jail records tell the tale. They are everything they espoused as their reasons for hating blacks. They are not better, they are no different.
I think you mean our 'Asians' cousins, right?
Long Beach Native.

Well, I understand where you are coming from. The fact of the matter is, though, after the Government imposed The NAFTA Treaty as a part of American law, what you or I might feel feel about "Hispanic" immigration is of little matter.

The purpose of The NAFTA Treaty is to conquer Mexico without the need of using the military to do so. In light of the huge influx of "Hispanics", one might rightly ask just who is conquering whom. Even so, the ultimate intent - and the result will be - the amalgamation of previously sovereign and independent North American nations.

You should re-think your equating our "Hispanic" cousins with the Africans. That equation is a political one, the purpose of which is building a revolutionary voting block in order to enable the revolutionary ruling elite to take off their velvet glove and then to rule with an iron fist. Unlike our "Hispanic" cousins, the African has a "culture" unique unto his own self.

It is true that group loyalty is expressed to an extreme extent among a tiny minority of resident "Hispanics" - the "Hispanic" gang being the most visible - but most of our "Hispanic" cousins are not in gangs. In fact, most "Hispanics" possess the same qualities of hard work, long-sufferance, love of family and other qualities that their Anglo and Germanic cousins had prior to the revolutionary cultural distorters coming to power after the 60s 70s revolution.

Incidentally, Long Beach Native. If we are to believe the Government licensed "news" media, the Asian voting population voted overwhelmingly against White rule and for rule by Africans during the last election.

Ronald
Guest

Cerritos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

What we need is some way of identifying the kids that have no intention of graduating as early as possible, and get (under high penalty for not doing so) them into some kind of job training program separate from the kids that actually want to learn. If they wise up later on they can always go to college.
Long Beach Native

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Long Beach Native.
Well, I understand where you are coming from. The fact of the matter is, though, after the Government imposed The NAFTA Treaty as a part of American law, what you or I might feel feel about "Hispanic" immigration is of little matter.
The purpose of The NAFTA Treaty is to conquer Mexico without the need of using the military to do so. In light of the huge influx of "Hispanics", one might rightly ask just who is conquering whom. Even so, the ultimate intent - and the result will be - the amalgamation of previously sovereign and independent North American nations.
You should re-think your equating our "Hispanic" cousins with the Africans. That equation is a political one, the purpose of which is building a revolutionary voting block in order to enable the revolutionary ruling elite to take off their velvet glove and then to rule with an iron fist. Unlike our "Hispanic" cousins, the African has a "culture" unique unto his own self.
It is true that group loyalty is expressed to an extreme extent among a tiny minority of resident "Hispanics" - the "Hispanic" gang being the most visible - but most of our "Hispanic" cousins are not in gangs. In fact, most "Hispanics" possess the same qualities of hard work, long-sufferance, love of family and other qualities that their Anglo and Germanic cousins had prior to the revolutionary cultural distorters coming to power after the 60s 70s revolution.
Incidentally, Long Beach Native. If we are to believe the Government licensed "news" media, the Asian voting population voted overwhelmingly against White rule and for rule by Africans during the last election.
Ronald
I don't agree with anything you've posted here. I don't feel that 'we' are responsible for anything that happens in Mexico, NAFTA, or not. Sorry, but I just can't and wont sympathize. They are coming here and taking back what they've been 'taught' is 'theirs' by out breeding the populace. You've said you live in downtown, how many 'Hispanic Mothers' have multiple children clinging to them when they illegally cross the street, on their way to spend their food stamp money? How old is 'Mom' typically? I worked grocery at those stores, so I know...they begin young, way way before most and they don't bother to graduate high school, or look for work, either. Illegals don't have to. They go on collecting their welfare, live in section 8 housing, etc. and they aren't forced to do welfare to work, because they aren't legally entitled to work, but through their anchor babies can continue collecting from the taxpayers.

And No, I don't see any difference between them and our local scums in the black community.

Both groups are overly entitled lazy trash.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 5, 2013
 
Long Beach Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree with anything you've posted here. I don't feel that 'we' are responsible for anything that happens in Mexico, NAFTA, or not. Sorry, but I just can't and wont sympathize. They are coming here and taking back what they've been 'taught' is 'theirs' by out breeding the populace. You've said you live in downtown, how many 'Hispanic Mothers' have multiple children clinging to them when they illegally cross the street, on their way to spend their food stamp money? How old is 'Mom' typically? I worked grocery at those stores, so I know...they begin young, way way before most and they don't bother to graduate high school, or look for work, either. Illegals don't have to. They go on collecting their welfare, live in section 8 housing, etc. and they aren't forced to do welfare to work, because they aren't legally entitled to work, but through their anchor babies can continue collecting from the taxpayers.
And No, I don't see any difference between them and our local scums in the black community.
Both groups are overly entitled lazy trash.
Long Beach Native.

Exactly. Unlike the Africans, our "Hispanic" cousins do not try to bump others off the sidewalk if they do not step aside for them.

Before the revolution, trade unions served a useful purpose. They maintained apprenticeship programs. Those socially useful apprenticeship programs taught qualified candidates skills which enabled them to do work that far exceeded today's trade related work-skills. Our "Hispanic" cousins could benefit from union apprenticeship programs today.

With the revolution, Big Union Bosses became lazy. They no longer saw their lot as guardians of the worker ("middle") class interests. Like all the other revolutionaries they developed a "What's in it for me?" attitude. They became just another revolutionary Government occupied adjunct that is used to "shake-down" the increasingly impoverished American taxpayer in order to build voting majorities of dangerous tax eaters and taxpayer supported Thug people. Examples of that shake-down include "unionizing" high paid taxpayer supported Big Government agent teachers at the expense of our children, welthy taxpayer supported prison guards, and other greedy elements the revolutionary ruling class laughingly call "public servants".

I like the idea you expressed in post # 9 where you would make taxpayer funded Government benefits dependent on behavior, including scholastic achievement. What we need in addition though, are "people orientated" union bosses who regard their fundamental duty to benefit society through the maintenance of apprenticeship programs. The whole so-called "safety net" has become just a means for revolutionary Government to transfer the modest "wealth" of the overtaxed worker ("middle") class to the Africans. This revolutionary objective has been counterproductive, because all it does is to impoverish the productive worker ("middle") class.

A lot of attention has been directed by Government licensed "news" sources reporting that the local expensive taxpayer funded local Government college has cut taxpayer funding for its pseudo apprenticeship programs, along with the reaction thereof by taxpayer subsidized students. Yet, none of those agenda driven Government sources report that Big Union Bosses shirked their duty when they abandoned union apprenticeship programs and put them onto the backs of the hard working taxpayer - and even worse - into the pocketbooks of consumers of overpriced shoddy work. Let us not forget that before Mexican labor migrated to the US, elderly Grandmothers practically needed to take out second mortgages on their overtaxed humble homes to pay plumbers to change leaky faucet washers.

Incidentally, Long Beach Native. Prior to the revolution when unions ran apprenticeship programs, the cost of that program was paid for by union dues - not the taxpayer - as is done today.

Ronald
Clayton

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

You're right Ronald. I remember having to pay so much for repairs. Now one can get the lawn serviced, the home kept clean, and many repairs done for not that much money. I don't think people realize how this part of life is so much better, and how it has decreased for us the work burden from what our grandmothers had to do. We kind of have become spoiled, but hopefully not lazy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 54 min Mr Bojangles 18,835
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 14 hr Pea solved 200,564
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 21 hr Donny B 7,922
OinkSM Secret Sauce Patent Issued Wed JasonTT 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Tue matches lighters 15,961
Los Angeles County caregivers working to get fo... Aug 25 SPARKY 3
8 Great Dive Bars in Los Angeles (Aug '13) Aug 24 Kid_Tomorrow 3
•••

Torrance News Video

•••
•••

Torrance Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Torrance People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Torrance News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Torrance
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••