Suspected drunk driver is arrested af...

Suspected drunk driver is arrested after motorist is killed in ...

There are 21 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Jun 25, 2008, titled Suspected drunk driver is arrested after motorist is killed in .... In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

John Henry Guerrero, 24, of Torrance was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and vehicular manslaughter following the crash, Gardena police Lt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Another loser

Carson, CA

#2 Jun 25, 2008
Nikki Taylor wrote:
Guerrero? Guilty
From Torrance? Guilty!
Give me a break

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Jun 25, 2008
Nikki Taylor: Your racist comments have no logic or purpose here...or anywhere. Shame on you.
Catwoman

Fullerton, CA

#5 Jun 25, 2008
Two comments above that have no bearing on this article (Nikki T and From the right). The point here is DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE, the results are so tragic. Call a cab, call a friend, call a family member, stay home and drink; so many options, drinking and driving is inexcusable.
South Bay Native

Torrance, CA

#6 Jun 25, 2008
This Nikki person only comes to the Daily Breeze to post racial slurs. Every post I have ever seen is something racist.
rrosencrantzz

San Francisco, CA

#8 Jun 25, 2008
Maybe the Mustang ran the red light and Mr. Guerrero was just a innocent victim. I bet if he hadn't been drinking and totally relaxed he would have had major injuries!!
Robert A

San Jose, CA

#9 Jun 25, 2008
I feel that all car makers should put a breath analyzer in every car they make and sell to test drivers prior to starting their vehicles. If their driver’s blood alcohol level is close to or above the legal limit, then the car shouldn't start. This will help reduce the number of DRUNK drivers in this world. That assume they can drive safely without and altercation of crashing and killing others. In fact, it should be a government mandated law that the car makers do this. Before judging my comments, please think and consider how many people are killed in DRUNK driving involved accidents. In 2005, just 3 years ago, there were 16,885 (source MADD) DRUNK driving related deaths. Now, imagine one of those people your brother, sister, father, mother, a son, a daughter. Someone close to you that loves you and you love back. Someone that means the world to you and you couldn't see yourself living without. Here with you yesterday, and gone today. Think about it..

“Ignorance is NOT bliss”

Since: Mar 08

South Bay, CA

#10 Jun 25, 2008
Another loser wrote:
<quoted text>
From Torrance? Guilty!
Right, because no other cities produce drunk drivers...what a stupid statement.
Al Wright Redondo Beach

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Jun 25, 2008
1. Was Mr. Guerrero licenesed
2. Was Mr. Guerrero in the US legally
3. Did Mr. Guerrero have insurance
If any of these answers are NO, then the Federal Goverment should be held responsible due to their inability to safeguard the tax paying communities that detend on their protection.
Scotty Budlite

Bellflower, CA

#13 Jun 25, 2008
Came in too late, missed the cruel remarks that had already been pulled. Darn, hate when that happens! It's the only reason I read these.
FLIP MODE

San Diego, CA

#14 Jun 25, 2008
Hey Robert A. thats a really go idea they should do that. Ill see if I could invent one and make some good money out of it.
mental

South Gate, CA

#15 Jun 25, 2008
that is were mental health has there office at , laco mental health dmh , was this guy a phsyco just on his way to pick up some extra meds ? or maybe someone fleeing from the staff and a straight jacket ?
Brian

Chino Hills, CA

#16 Jun 25, 2008
Quote, "1. Was Mr. Guerrero licenesed
2. Was Mr. Guerrero in the US legally
3. Did Mr. Guerrero have insurance
If any of these answers are NO, then the Federal Goverment should be held responsible due to their inability to safeguard the tax paying communities that detend on their protection."

I totally agree with you but our LAPD policy on legal status doesn't exist. They don't enforce it from what I recall. Either way, it breaks my heart every time I read about an innocent victim getting killed by a drunk.
bigboy

San Antonio, TX

#18 Jun 25, 2008
Robert A wrote:
I feel that all car makers should put a breath analyzer in every car they make and sell to test drivers prior to starting their vehicles. If their driver’s blood alcohol level is close to or above the legal limit, then the car shouldn't start. This will help reduce the number of DRUNK drivers in this world. That assume they can drive safely without and altercation of crashing and killing others. In fact, it should be a government mandated law that the car makers do this. Before judging my comments, please think and consider how many people are killed in DRUNK driving involved accidents. In 2005, just 3 years ago, there were 16,885 (source MADD) DRUNK driving related deaths. Now, imagine one of those people your brother, sister, father, mother, a son, a daughter. Someone close to you that loves you and you love back. Someone that means the world to you and you couldn't see yourself living without. Here with you yesterday, and gone today. Think about it..
You cant stop this from happening, ever. No fines, devices, etc... will work. Some people just dont have the abillity to use theyre brains. They know its wrong, but what the hell. Just like the epidemic of gang violence. The only way we can stop it is to resort to street justice and take back our streets physically. No mayors, cops, US!
dag

Tustin, CA

#19 Jun 26, 2008
Robert A wrote:
I feel that all car makers should put a breath analyzer in every car they make and sell to test drivers prior to starting their vehicles. If their driver’s blood alcohol level is close to or above the legal limit, then the car shouldn't start.
yea but how will the cops be able to do their jobs? food for thought.
GODS CHILD

United States

#21 Jun 27, 2008
Quote, "1. Was Mr. Guerrero licenesed-YES
2. Was Mr. Guerrero in the US legally-YES
3. Did Mr. Guerrero have insurance-YES
If any of these answers are NO, then the Federal Goverment should be held responsible due to their inability to safeguard the tax paying communities that detend on their protection."

HE HAS ALL THREE.... YES, YES, AND YES. THIS IS A VERY SAD AND EMOTIONAL SITUATION. ON BOTH PARTIES. THEIR ARE NO WITNESSES SO WE CANT JUMP THE GUN. YES, WE SHOULDNT DRINK AND DRIVE. BUT IN REALITY...PEOPLE STILL DO IT. WE DO NOT KNOW IF HE WAS DRUNK. WE DONT KNOW IF IT WAS HIS FAULT OR NOT. WE HAVE NO IDEA. WE WERE NOT THERE.THE POINT IS... LIFE IS TOO SHORT SO BE SMART ABOUT EVERYTHING IN LIFE BECAUSE WE DO NOT KNOW WHEN OUR TIME IS UP. THIS IS NOT A GAME NOR IS THIS FUNNY NOR SHOULD THIS BE A BATTLE OF THE RACIST! THIS COULD HAPPEN TO ANYONE ANYTIME... IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT COLOR YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!
truly sad

Redmond, WA

#22 Jun 27, 2008
I KNOW THE VICTIM AND WE'VE BEEN FRIENDS FOR YEARS.OUR HIGH SCHOOL DAYS WE'RE FUN AND ALL HE WANTED TO DO WAS ENJOY LIFE. ITS NOT FAIR HIS LIFE HAD TO BE TAKEN AWAY WHEN HE HAD JUST TURNED 21! SO PLEASE DONT DRINK AND DRIVE IT HURTS EVERYONE.
stevejohnson

India

#24 Sep 11, 2008
There should be constantly check the people those violate the laws. These people should punish who not only violate the rules but also make the other one suffer with injuries or killed due to negligence of driving. A perfect law should impose on them and severely punished.
==========
[url=http://www.legalx.net]cal ifornia dui[/url]
Angry Mother

Paramount, CA

#25 Sep 11, 2008
GODS CHILD wrote:
Quote, "1. Was Mr. Guerrero licenesed-YES
2. Was Mr. Guerrero in the US legally-YES
3. Did Mr. Guerrero have insurance-YES
If any of these answers are NO, then the Federal Goverment should be held responsible due to their inability to safeguard the tax paying communities that detend on their protection."
HE HAS ALL THREE.... YES, YES, AND YES. THIS IS A VERY SAD AND EMOTIONAL SITUATION. ON BOTH PARTIES. THEIR ARE NO WITNESSES SO WE CANT JUMP THE GUN. YES, WE SHOULDNT DRINK AND DRIVE. BUT IN REALITY...PEOPLE STILL DO IT. WE DO NOT KNOW IF HE WAS DRUNK. WE DONT KNOW IF IT WAS HIS FAULT OR NOT. WE HAVE NO IDEA. WE WERE NOT THERE.THE POINT IS... LIFE IS TOO SHORT SO BE SMART ABOUT EVERYTHING IN LIFE BECAUSE WE DO NOT KNOW WHEN OUR TIME IS UP. THIS IS NOT A GAME NOR IS THIS FUNNY NOR SHOULD THIS BE A BATTLE OF THE RACIST! THIS COULD HAPPEN TO ANYONE ANYTIME... IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT COLOR YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!
Regardless if the victim was at fault, bottom line is that the man should have never ever gotten behind the wheel after drinking. Even one measly drink can cause impairment in judgement. That is when tragedy happens. An innocent person probably on his way home from a hard days work! Pray for the family of the victim. and for the drunk driver, who will have to live with this for the rest of his life!
Angry Mother

Paramount, CA

#26 Sep 11, 2008
truly sad wrote:
I KNOW THE VICTIM AND WE'VE BEEN FRIENDS FOR YEARS.OUR HIGH SCHOOL DAYS WE'RE FUN AND ALL HE WANTED TO DO WAS ENJOY LIFE. ITS NOT FAIR HIS LIFE HAD TO BE TAKEN AWAY WHEN HE HAD JUST TURNED 21! SO PLEASE DONT DRINK AND DRIVE IT HURTS EVERYONE.
My heart goes out to you and the family of this young person. He had just begun to live. May God give you all peace in your hearts and console you in your time of need!
Hey Uninformed

Los Angeles, CA

#27 Sep 11, 2008
rrosencrantzz wrote:
Maybe the Mustang ran the red light and Mr. Guerrero was just a innocent victim. I bet if he hadn't been drinking and totally relaxed he would have had major injuries!!
Let's go with your argument that the other car ran the red light. The fact that Mr. Guerrero is drunk driving, still places him at major fault for the accident, per the law. Anyone who has seen what drunk drivers do and the aftermath they leave would readily agree, there should be no mercy for him.
As for the idiot post asking if the guy is from Torrance then he should be guilty, not to worry. Our Torrance juries don't let guilty people walk like the OJ jury did the first time!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 21 hr Onions 17 21,720
Hollander sleep products May 21 Need a good job 1
News California gubernatorial candidates tackle chil... May 17 Raydot 2
News Stolen Bob's Big Boy Statue Found At High School (May '06) May 15 Tjp 15
Review: California Deluxe Windows (Apr '09) May 12 Wally 52
Review: Cascade Windows (Jul '10) May 9 MRUTAH 57
News Harbor-UCLA Medical Center cited for safety vio... (Oct '11) Apr 27 Human 281

Torrance Jobs

Personal Finance

Torrance Mortgages