Suicidal man jumps to his death on 21...

Suicidal man jumps to his death on 210 Freeway

There are 34 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Apr 16, 2008, titled Suicidal man jumps to his death on 210 Freeway. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

A suicidal Sherman Oaks man died when he jumped about 30 feet from a bridge over the 210 Freeway and was struck by several cars, authorities said this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Very Sad

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#25 Apr 19, 2008
Well I go to CSUSB and I read about it in the news the next morning and to my surprise I found out the guy is a classmate who was with me in class few hours before he killed himself on that day. It is so sad to know someone who would do such a thing; I was thinking of the whole incident and how it happened as I was driving from underneath the same freeway overpass 2 days ago coming back from the class that he will never shows up to. I wish I knew him personally and that I could have offered him help or advice. But I guess it is too late. May God bless his soul and give his family the patient they need to deal with such horrible news. For those of you who wasted their time writing insults to this guy and to the people in his mental state. Congratulations, you just revealed how dump and narrow minded you are. When a person get to that stage where he commits suicide you don’t ask him or her to be rational in their decision and how their decision is affecting others. Clearly they chose to end their lives which are the most irrational thing ever to do. So don’t expect illogical crap. From my understanding he committed suicide in unpredictable manners where he jumped before he was even talked out of doing it. When an airplane malfunction and the pilot can’t control it then he might fall on a house or a car and might kill someone. So at that time how do you expect from a malfunctioning plane to make decisions where it falls!!!! I am not trying to defend him in here cuz he doesn’t need it apparently! So, please people think a little before you write or keep your peace and don’t waste more time of your low-life minutes. One thing I need to point out is that I believe in fate and if I am distant to hit someone who might kill me in return then there is no way to go around it, it could’ve been something as simple as an astray animal running in front of your moving vehicle. Rest in peace Paul
morticia

United States

#26 Apr 19, 2008
hapaone wrote:
What's up with these people, don't they realize they can cause a traffic jam! what an IDIOT!
Haha I agree that guy is an inconsiderate ass. Why do you people feel sorry for moronic rejects like him? If he wants to off himself so be it. At least he's helping control over population until the Black Plague returns.
To The Point

Fullerton, CA

#27 Apr 19, 2008
Bubbles wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people are more responsible for others. For example, I work for the U.S. Gov't. The Gov't. does not hire just anyone. Every one that is hired goes thru a complete thorough investigative background. They hired me. So I guess I can say I'm responsible for my actions. But not everyone is like me, or others.
And speaking of pity, sounds to me you have more of that than compassion. A little compassion for those in utter despair goes a long way. But that would be asking too much from you. Have a nice day.
lol ... you're such a conceited little know-it-all; at least your posts are. You're probably between the ages 25-32 years old (I'd say 27), obviously educated beyond your intellect, and no one is going to tell YOU anything. I wonder if the government that you work for is aware of just what a silly, little girl you really are. lol ... good luck.:)
To The Point

Fullerton, CA

#28 Apr 19, 2008
Very Sad wrote:
Congratulations, you just revealed how dump and narrow minded you are ... So, please people think a little before you write or keep your peace and don’t waste more time of your low-life minutes.
I'm sorry for your grief, but we are all writing to a public forum. You have a right to say what you feel, yet so do we. You may not like what you read, but that's called a debate: or at the very least a comment.

Now, if we had attended his memorial, then we would have no right to come into a family's private grief and make comments. But this is a public forum, here we do. Some of the remarks are compassionate, some are troll-based, and others, such as my own initial post, are more logical. But in this forum, we have a right to all of that--as do you.
Bubbles

Aliso Viejo, CA

#29 Apr 19, 2008
Catwoman wrote:
<quoted text>Who hasn't in this world suffered some if not all of the scenarios you describe above? I, personally, have been through 3 of them (and I don't consider people with terminal illnesses in the same category as those who have mental illness); the vast majority of us get it together and move one, not commit suicide. It's a different story altogether.
I've been through plenty of hard times myself. So, people who have terminal cancer don't want to end it all? What about the lady who jumped to her death in Anaheim a few months ago? She was suffering, in pain from health problems. People commit suicide for many reasons, not all health-related. Like I said, some people can push others to the brink.
Bubbles

Aliso Viejo, CA

#30 Apr 19, 2008
Catwoman wrote:
Oops, meant to say move ON. I hate it when I don't notice things like that!
It's OK, I knew what you meant. I muck up at the keyboard at times (I can be a little hypocrite at times too)...
Bubbles

Aliso Viejo, CA

#31 Apr 19, 2008
To The Point wrote:
<quoted text>
lol ... you're such a conceited little know-it-all; at least your posts are. You're probably between the ages 25-32 years old (I'd say 27), obviously educated beyond your intellect, and no one is going to tell YOU anything. I wonder if the government that you work for is aware of just what a silly, little girl you really are. lol ... good luck.:)
More like the pot calling the kettle black here I see. First, you tried to guess my age. You know what they say about ASSuming, don't you? I'll take 27 as a complement ;o). As for working for the Government, what I do on the computer in the privacy of my home is MY business. Anyone's business. Even yours.
Bubbles

Aliso Viejo, CA

#32 Apr 19, 2008
Compassion is logical.
To The Point wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry for your grief, but we are all writing to a public forum. You have a right to say what you feel, yet so do we. You may not like what you read, but that's called a debate: or at the very least a comment.
Now, if we had attended his memorial, then we would have no right to come into a family's private grief and make comments. But this is a public forum, here we do. Some of the remarks are compassionate, some are troll-based, and others, such as my own initial post, are more logical. But in this forum, we have a right to all of that--as do you.
Bubbles

Aliso Viejo, CA

#33 Apr 19, 2008
morticia wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha I agree that guy is an inconsiderate ass. Why do you people feel sorry for moronic rejects like him? If he wants to off himself so be it. At least he's helping control over population until the Black Plague returns.
Have a happy, un-complicated, un-problematic rest of your life, morticia! You certainly deserve it, with your logic!
Catwoman

United States

#34 Apr 19, 2008
Bubbles wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been through plenty of hard times myself. So, people who have terminal cancer don't want to end it all? What about the lady who jumped to her death in Anaheim a few months ago? She was suffering, in pain from health problems. People commit suicide for many reasons, not all health-related. Like I said, some people can push others to the brink.
I meant I don't consider "assisted suicide" of terminally ill patients the same thing as a person with mental illness who commits suicide. I am a medical transcriptionist with accounts that include CHLA; I have typed death summarys on young adults with cancer who were in on their own DNR meetings. A physically healthy person who jumps off a bridge into traffic is not the same thing as a person with cancer. You pondered "I wonder who ruined his life"; in the case of a physically healthy person with mental illness, that is not applicable.
Thanks for understanding my typo.
Bubbles

Aliso Viejo, CA

#35 Apr 19, 2008
Catwoman wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant I don't consider "assisted suicide" of terminally ill patients the same thing as a person with mental illness who commits suicide. I am a medical transcriptionist with accounts that include CHLA; I have typed death summarys on young adults with cancer who were in on their own DNR meetings. A physically healthy person who jumps off a bridge into traffic is not the same thing as a person with cancer. You pondered "I wonder who ruined his life"; in the case of a physically healthy person with mental illness, that is not applicable.
Thanks for understanding my typo.
But a physically healthy person isn't healthy! They're hurting inside, to the point they want to end it all. What factor(s) caused this young man to take his own life?
Catwoman

United States

#36 Apr 20, 2008
Bubbles wrote:
<quoted text>
But a physically healthy person isn't healthy! They're hurting inside, to the point they want to end it all. What factor(s) caused this young man to take his own life?
I give up, you just need to blame. I saw by your other postings about the guy and the car. People do to you what you let them, be it hurt you, love you, help you or destroy you. Take responsibility for what you allow to happen. True mental illness is an issue unto itself.
Bubbles

Aliso Viejo, CA

#37 Apr 22, 2008
Catwoman wrote:
<quoted text>
I give up, you just need to blame. I saw by your other postings about the guy and the car. People do to you what you let them, be it hurt you, love you, help you or destroy you. Take responsibility for what you allow to happen. True mental illness is an issue unto itself.
Yes, I need to blame. Because some people can and will ruin other's lives. Some people have character flaws, I'm so glad you and other are not like them. Call it low self-esteen, lack of self-confidence, whatever. Not everybody can be as strong as you.
Forgivng

Burbank, CA

#38 Sep 25, 2009
I am sure there are many circumtances surrounding the suicidal death of this man. Family problem, divorce, loss of job, drugs, abuse, and many more. It was unfortunate that help didn;t get to him on time. I am sure he was crying for help but was left uncared. To us alive.....let us care for one another whoever you are, race and color.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Hipocrit 20,505
looking for my brother 13 hr benkel 1
News Honorable mention Naughty Maggie 23 hr Nicholas Gustavson 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Redondo Beach (Oct '15) Thu blessed528 43
Best Furniture Store in Torrance Aug 22 musttoast 1
Kroenke and Rams Suck Aug 22 OJ s 1
Tiny dog on Anaheim st - Sunday night Aug 22 k8baldwin 1

Torrance Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Torrance Mortgages