Skateboarder sorry for his mushroom-fueled naked rooftop incident

Full story: Daily Breeze 157
Professional skateboarder Jereme Rogers said Wednesday he was sorry for disturbing his Redondo Beach neighbors this week when he "ate some `mushrooms' and bugged out," preaching naked on his rooftop. Full Story
Justin Rhein

Dumont, NJ

#145 Jun 6, 2009
lol i wrote about this on my SAT essay today
Harborgal

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

#146 Jun 6, 2009
A teacher wrote:
My 8th graders came to school telling me about their "interesting" morning. Pretty sad that 13-14 year olds have to see this kind of stuff. Nice role model. Mushrooms? Yeah right. Sounds more like LSD.
It is very sad.
HMR

Rosamond, CA

#148 Jun 6, 2009
what a great example this clown is setting for his fans....... LOSER!!!!!!!!!!
LOL

Hacienda Heights, CA

#150 Jun 7, 2009
Hiram wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's check in with him again at age 48 and see how he's doing.
My thoughts exactly.
Ninja Ned

United States

#151 Jun 7, 2009
Hey, that's my kind of thing! Preaching naked on rooftops is awesome.
dudeman_what

Asheville, NC

#152 Jun 7, 2009
being a skateboarder who has seen J.R. since he became pro... this is a big dissappointment, it's typical behavior for some pro skaters, but the part where he's mixing God into it is a big bummer, lots of young christian skaters have looked up to this dude, he even made it onto the show 'The Uprising' which features christian hosoi, jay haizlip, and brian sumner. he rounds up other pros like paul rodriguez and ryan sheckler and prays before competitions... so this is the ultimate bummer, not only did he make a straight fool out of himself, he also crushed the hopes of a lot of christian skaters that they just might be taken seriously in the skate bizz, his bosses are danny way, and colin mckay, so maybe they'll crack the whip on him and help him straighten out,

much love!
Dudeman_what
beachjul

Mount Wilson, CA

#153 Jun 7, 2009
Hey he's still a kid. We all have made a bad choice or two. He's a good guy and a great skater. I am just glad he is ok....From the Good Neighbor
noproblemhere

Moline, IL

#154 Jun 8, 2009
he smokes weed and talks about god, that's better than touching kids and talking about god.

let him be
mmony

Compton, CA

#156 Jun 8, 2009
hey he is young everybody makes mistakes
Boston guy

Los Angeles, CA

#157 Jun 8, 2009
GCw wrote:
<quoted text>You and Jereme- attracted to California and ruining it along with all the other immigrants. You need to go back to Boston or whatever else east coast *hithole you're from. You're a naive pothead to think that legalization will end cartels and their violence. They will easily find some other contraband to smuggle or racket to get into and the same turf wars will follow. Criminals will be criminals and potheads will be potheads.
Go back to Boston or whatever east coast *hithole your from? Who the hell are you to tell eastcoasters to move out of this state? I have been in this state from Boston for 2 years now and have found that idiots such as this guy with his "Go back" comments. Your problem sir, is not eastcoasters in this state, because we actually pay taxes and add money to the economy, its the Mexicans who have entered the country illegally! The birth of America can be attributed to the State of Massachusetts, that being said, why dont you get out of MY state
Guaranteed

Van Nuys, CA

#158 Jun 8, 2009
His neigbors have started a harassment campaign to ruin him. No one will believe you. Clean up your act. Once they start they don't stop. Weed and Seed,
look it up. The nieghbors get paid to ruin you. Good Luck. It sucks.
Jail Time

Santa Monica, CA

#159 Jun 8, 2009
He needs to be put in jail and then in DETOX.
Jail Time

Santa Monica, CA

#160 Jun 8, 2009
jonesy wrote:
skate and destroy!
This is why he should be jailed.
Guaranteed

Van Nuys, CA

#161 Jun 8, 2009
Jail Time wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why he should be jailed.
Because he rides a skateboard or because he is not like you?
Harborgal

#162 Jun 8, 2009
From the Los Angeles Times Health section Monday, June 8th, 2009. Dr. John Knight, director of the Center for Substance Abuse Research at Children's Hospital Boston states:

"As many as 40% to 50% of deaths among teenagers are drug-related". The article continues, "The most compelling reason to keep kids drug-free is that it reduces their chances of addiction. The earlier teens start drinking or using drugs, the greater the likelihood that they'll develop an addictive disorder later in life".
Prison

Santa Monica, CA

#163 Jun 8, 2009
He needs a god long stay in jail. Little rat bastard.
Harborgal

#164 Jun 8, 2009
Harborgal wrote:
From the Los Angeles Times Health section Monday, June 8th, 2009. Dr. John Knight, director of the Center for Substance Abuse Research at Children's Hospital Boston states:
"As many as 40% to 50% of deaths among teenagers are drug-related". The article continues, "The most compelling reason to keep kids drug-free is that it reduces their chances of addiction. The earlier teens start drinking or using drugs, the greater the likelihood that they'll develop an addictive disorder later in life".
The above is a quote from the L.A. Times article, Parents: "Kill a buzz, save a life"
booster

Santa Monica, CA

#165 Jun 9, 2009
I think everybody is being a little hard on him..if I had a dollar for every time I preached naked from a roof top....
kids do dumb stuff, then they move on, let him do his thing for a while, get it out of his system, we all do it in different ways. Then we straighten up and contribute to society again.
booster

Santa Monica, CA

#166 Jun 9, 2009
let me add, as long as he isn't putting other lives in jepordy (driving, yielding wepons)
A teacher

Stanton, CA

#167 Jun 9, 2009
booster wrote:
I think everybody is being a little hard on him..if I had a dollar for every time I preached naked from a roof top....
kids do dumb stuff, then they move on, let him do his thing for a while, get it out of his system, we all do it in different ways. Then we straighten up and contribute to society again.
Whoa. What planet are you from? I was a kid but never did anything close to this. Get it out of his system? Wow. My students (13-14 year olds) were greeted by this naked maniac on his roof screaming at the top of his lungs early in the morning. No kid should have to deal with that in their neighborhood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sat Observer 19,589
Lawyer accused of ethics breach (Mar '08) Sat SCmm 56
A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Sat ska kitten 4,503
Review: One Stop Engine Rebuilding Jan 23 mossy seaman 2
Who do you support for Governor in California i... (Oct '10) Jan 22 Elisha Birk 3,766
Review: Lighting Professionals Inc Jan 21 Connie Jensen 1
Redondo Beach smoking ban may see light of day (Oct '08) Jan 20 Alberto 40

Torrance News Video

Torrance Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Torrance People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:37 am PST