Skateboarder sorry for his mushroom-f...

Skateboarder sorry for his mushroom-fueled naked rooftop incident

There are 157 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Jun 3, 2009, titled Skateboarder sorry for his mushroom-fueled naked rooftop incident. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

Professional skateboarder Jereme Rogers said Wednesday he was sorry for disturbing his Redondo Beach neighbors this week when he "ate some `mushrooms' and bugged out," preaching naked on his rooftop.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

Chuckie

Aliso Viejo, CA

#56 Jun 4, 2009
Doug wrote:
A house he is sharing with roomates. <quoted text>
Ah, so he's a renter. I rest my case.
jason smirh

Fenton, MI

#57 Jun 4, 2009
ahahahahah thats so weird
wow

Stanton, CA

#58 Jun 4, 2009
this is kid is going down hill. what good comes from him these days?
ChildOfTheGhetto

Waianae, HI

#59 Jun 4, 2009
you herbs are just haters, jealous that JR is gettin money.

you all suck at skateboarding, so your opinion doesnt matter anyway.
el redondo

Playa Del Rey, CA

#60 Jun 4, 2009
Harborgal wrote:
<quoted text>
I never knew a "pot head" who contributed anything respectable to civilization.
Duke Ellington
Barely Legal Skates

Beverly Hills, CA

#61 Jun 4, 2009
Too many ignorant stereotypes! I am a medical marijuana smoking skateboarder. I am also a responsible, working, tax paying adult. I've worked for the same company for over a decade, moving up in the ranks to make a respectable living. I go to PTA meetings and to my son's awards assemblies. Odds are that you DO know MANY "pot-heads" who are contributing members of society. Marijuana IS illegal for a reason. That doesn't mean it's a good reason. Do some research. There should be more information for adults who think that pot and/or skateboarders are the problem. Not that there isn't already tons of info out there. Bite your tongue and educate yourselves!
jayvee

United States

#62 Jun 4, 2009
The posters calling this kid a turd have it right. I live near this house and he and his "roommates" have done nothing but destroy a quiet family neighborhood. It has nothing to do with weed or skateboarding. Punks like these have no respect for the people living around them. Larry Altman needs to check his facts with the Redondo Police Department to see how much taxpayer money has been wasted going to this house to quiet the renters down in the middle of the night. Or about the city showing up to make them throw out a month's worth of trash bags stacked in the driveway.
Red W Blue

Laurel, MD

#63 Jun 4, 2009
Jerome Rodgers;the poster child for contraception &/or abortion! This is the sober brain trust that is behind KYSR 98.7 FM RADIO format, he is the target audience! Human Character has progressed to the level of Jerome's behavior! One wonders why we have 10% unenployment! His mental expertise is running the global finanical markets! He should be elected to the state legislature, they are stoned;any way!
Red W Blue

Laurel, MD

#64 Jun 4, 2009
Barely Legal Skates wrote:
Too many ignorant stereotypes! I am a medical marijuana smoking skateboarder. I am also a responsible, working, tax paying adult. I've worked for the same company for over a decade, moving up in the ranks to make a respectable living. I go to PTA meetings and to my son's awards assemblies. Odds are that you DO know MANY "pot-heads" who are contributing members of society. Marijuana IS illegal for a reason. That doesn't mean it's a good reason. Do some research. There should be more information for adults who think that pot and/or skateboarders are the problem. Not that there isn't already tons of info out there. Bite your tongue and educate yourselves!
Self-respect, forget it! The global society needs people like you, not Jerome!
Peter

Czech Republic

#65 Jun 4, 2009
bjr wrote:
"preaching" vs. "perching"?
He owns it:)
Jody

Ottawa, Canada

#66 Jun 4, 2009
Thank goodness he is okay. I went through some crazy times growing up as young man and was in a similar situation once before. I am so grateful that I live in a society that picked me up and gave me a helping hand in the right direction. Get well Jereme I hope to skate with you someday even if you have neck tats;)
mark

Old Bridge, NJ

#68 Jun 4, 2009
hahahahaha
Retired and Loving It

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

#70 Jun 4, 2009
Harborgal wrote:
<quoted text>
Legalize pot and besides drunk drivers there would be people hallucinatingon the streets and while drilving the roads. Yes, pot is illegal for a reason. I never knew a "pot head" who contributed anything respectable to civilization. There should be more information for kids and teens and for anyone else who thinks pot is the answer. Paranoia, anxiety attacks, lack of motivation and mental illness are common symptoms in smoking this crap.
I was waiting for the first illogical statement about marijuana to come up. I am surprised it didn't come until comment 55. Besides the bad spelling and horrible sentence structure I was still able (I think) to make out the point you are trying to convey. You are concerned that if marijuana were legalized, there would be people driving while hallucinating. Your assumptions are wrong in so many ways. The comment does not warrant a response.
I will respond to this:
"Yes, pot is illegal for a reason. I never knew a "pot head" who contributed anything respectable to civilization."
I am not going to educate you on the specific reasons it was made illegal. In short, it was made illegal because of financial incentives and racism against black and Latin American immigrants. Do 5 minutes of research. It was not made illegal because of the dangers it poses to society. Although yellow journalism campaigns at the time would have made you to believe so. Search the term Reefer Madness.
Here is a list of people who have used or support marijuana:
Barack Obama
Bill Clinton
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Abe Lincoln
Mark Cuban
Bill Maher
Joycelyn Elders (Former U.S. Surgeon General)
Jesse Ventura
Al Gore
Aldous Huxley
Thomas Jefferson
Queen Victoria
Prince William & Harry
George Soros
Johnny Cash
The Beatles
(countless others including myself)
If anyone wants to elaborate on the list please do so. There are hundreds of people that you know (you should know) that have "contributed something respectable to civilization."
Finally, you state "there should be more information for kids and teens and for anyone else who thinks pot is the answer. Paranoia, anxiety attacks, lack of motivation and mental illness are common symptoms in smoking this crap."
Look at any OTC or prescription drug. They all have side effects. Sometimes even death. Not a singles person in history has died as a direct result of marijuana overdose. Even Tylenol has killed more people.
I agree there should be more information for kids & teens. I also think we need to tax and regulate it because of them. Drug dealers dont ask for an ID. The majority of high school students in the US report it is easier to obtain marijuana than alcohol.
westsidejesse

Torrance, CA

#71 Jun 4, 2009
The man above has said it all...well done young man. OWNED! Some one light up a doobie and lets all have a great time!
whatever

Los Angeles, CA

#72 Jun 4, 2009
Mr NiceGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay in school? For what? School is for people who aren't born with naturally developed talent like Jereme.
He's 24 years old and lives in a 2 story house in Redondo Beach. I would say he didn't do that bad considering the fact he dropped outta high school.
Yea, and I bet his skateboarding career will last 30 years, provides great benifits, and has a wonderful retirement plan.
Laughable

Glendale, CA

#73 Jun 4, 2009
ChildOfTheGhetto wrote:
you herbs are just haters, jealous that JR is gettin money.
you all suck at skateboarding, so your opinion doesnt matter anyway.
You sound like one of those little beach cities kids who thinks they are ghetto! Rogers isn't making money like you say....he lives in a half gutter, dirty, filthy house he shares with some other clowns who also have NOTHING going for them. You think skating is the end all be all to life....keep at it then. Hopefully you somehow find success in it, otherwise you'll end up just like that guy in front of 7-11, asking for quarters and wishing a hot shower was in the near future!
Rogers has NOTHING! A crappy house he RENTS, moronic roommates and hopefully, his sponsors will take notice to his actions and dump him! Skateboarding is a fun pasttime for kids......not adults. You and him need to grow up and join the real world.
97and98

Glendale, CA

#74 Jun 4, 2009
Glad to hear Jereme is "sorry." Is he sorry he woke up his entire neighborhood? Is he sorry his pothead friend got arrested because he wouldn't let the officers do their job? Is he sorry for exposing himself to the numerous children in the neighborhood? Is he sorry for risking the lives of those police officers who had to climb onto the roof to tackle him and save his sorry butt? Doubtful to all of the above!
Bon Scott

Aliso Viejo, CA

#75 Jun 4, 2009
Why can't the city of Redondo send him a bill for the manpower that was spent on this waste of a life? Isn't Redondo in horrible financial shape (we have heard that before though)? I do feel sorry for the neighbors that have to put up with this fill in the blank who does in the name of Jesus: what a joke!
westsidejesse

Torrance, CA

#77 Jun 4, 2009
Bon Scott wrote:
Why can't the city of Redondo send him a bill for the manpower that was spent on this waste of a life? Isn't Redondo in horrible financial shape (we have heard that before though)? I do feel sorry for the neighbors that have to put up with this fill in the blank who does in the name of Jesus: what a joke!
So Mr. know it all, what exactly makes this kid a "waste of life"? Cause he does drugs that are man made? Cause he woke up a couple people? Cause he got into some trouble with the law? If thats the case, Im 99% sure then you must be a waste of life too...fair is fair!
westsidejesse

Torrance, CA

#78 Jun 4, 2009
excuse the typo plz...cause he uses drugs that are non man made...its from the earth!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loud Jet Noise In Redondo Beach at night.. (Aug '09) 21 hr Scary 35
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Redondo Beach (Oct '15) 23 hr cannevance 25
Bloods and Crips (May '12) Sat Anthony Scarpuzzi... 10
News Detectives seek Lomita identity theft suspect w... Jun 25 jolynnspencer 1
News Carson backs away from its ban on fracking Jun 24 ralph 1
News Andrew Padilla, 21 (Jun '07) Jun 23 Mark 3
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Jun 20 Homeboynot 20,366
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Torrance Mortgages