Skateboarder sorry for his mushroom-fueled naked rooftop incident

Full story: Daily Breeze

Professional skateboarder Jereme Rogers said Wednesday he was sorry for disturbing his Redondo Beach neighbors this week when he "ate some `mushrooms' and bugged out," preaching naked on his rooftop.
Comments
21 - 40 of 157 Comments Last updated Aug 16, 2009
Hiro

Cathedral City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

"Professional skateboarder"? What a friggin joke.

Larry Altman should be embarassed at writing such a piece. Larry your tongue in cheek and almost hero characterization of this HS dropout loser is a disservice to the young people of ths community.

This ADULT's actions are irresponsible. Not to mention the police manpower wasted. He probably has no health insurance so I am sure the tax payer picked up the cost for his 3 day psyche evaluation.

Shame on you larry Altman.
Hiram

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

Mr NiceGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay in school? For what? School is for people who aren't born with naturally developed talent like Jereme.
He's 24 years old and lives in a 2 story house in Redondo Beach. I would say he didn't do that bad considering the fact he dropped outta high school.
Let's check in with him again at age 48 and see how he's doing.
westsidejesse

West Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

Hell yea, good sh*t Jeremy...living the good life. Smoking herb has nothing to do with anything here all you commenterís, president Clinton smoked herb, so I donít want to hear it. Smoke a fattie. And as far as shrooming, let him be! Only thing he did has disturb the peace, not cool. Take your trip in house stud, or throw on some head phones and trip out and enjoy. This kid is a very successful skateboarder, top 10 out of all of them out there, he's living the good life and sounds like the rest of you are just hating...skate or die, smoke a blunt and eat a fat infested mushroom cap, life is good! Just keep your shorts on next time big guy!
booster

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

The first thing I think of when I see a story like this.....poor naked, christian, skateborder, perched naked on his roof is...DAMN, I miss everything.
Leagalizing weed would NOT get any prison guards fired, the prison/ county jail system is sooo overpopulated, there are more then enough criminals to go around, even without weed.
Think of the economy boost if we taxed weed. Do you know how much money a bar makes?
There are far more pro's then con's to legalizing weed.
old skool

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

What a douche! He cant hang.... shrooms too much for kids these days....
LOCAL HIGH SCHOOL COACH

Burbank, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

THIS YOUNG MAN NEEDS HELP WITH HIS ADDICTION AND NEEDS TO STAY AWAY FROM YOUNG KIDS WHO MAY IDOLIZE HIM FOR HIS SKATEBOARD ABILITY. IT IS UNFORTUNATE THAT THE SKATEBOARD INDUSTRY IS ONE OF THE LAST IN THE SPORTING WORLD TO OFFER HELP TO THESE YOUNG KIDS AND INFORCE A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY REGARDING DRUGS AND ALCOHOL AND TOBACCO. I SEE THE SKATERDUDES INLISTING THE YOUNG BOYS ALL THE TIME TO SKATE AND PARTY AND IT ONLY TAKES A YEAR OR TWO AND THEIR LIVES ARE RUINED BY DRUGS AND ALCOHOL. MISERY LOVES COMPANY SO BEWARE OF YOUR YOUNG SONS FALLING INTO THE SKATER,PARTY SCENE. I PRAY FOR THIS YOUNG MAN TO GET A GRIP ON HIS ADDICTION AND SEEK BETTER ROLE MODELS SO HE CAN LEARN TO BE ONE HIMSELF IN THE FUTURE.
More than a Conqueror

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

Jereme,

According to Matthew 6:24, a man cannot serve to masters. Get an unerstanding of the Word my friend and dont be decieved out of your gift and your calling.

MTC
Doug

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

Also legalize the mushrooms he took. They were also made by God. The same goes for opium, it is also one of God's creations. If all of used these drugs we would all love each other. There would be no more wars. We could just all lay around smoking weed and having orgies.
End the Prohibition wrote:
Free the weed! It was made by GOD and is not man's to prohibit.
Legalize what was made by GOD. Legalize the production and sale of marijuana to adults.
Allow bars to sell marijuana under the same laws as alcohol.
End the drug dealers in our schools and the easy access children have to marijuana.
End the cartel killings. The cartels murdered 6,000 people last year in order to protect their cash flows from selling marijuana into the U.S. Another 2,600 people were murdered by them so far this year. We cannot have this on our conscience.
Legalize marijuana!
Real American In PV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

Larry Altman, you are a hero to reporters everywhere. A-s-s-hats like Hiro and More DB Excellence wouldn't recognize a good story it crawled up inside them and set up camp.
This, my ignorant friends, is called a "talker." It's the kind of story shared around the office in the morning and passed around via e-mail.
Other examples include man/horse love, horrific trunk murders, sex shop glory holes, birds being smuggled in hollowed-out legs, people who eat dogs and many other oddball stories that are a part of your narrow world.
And this story: Professional skateboarder. Naked. On 'shrooms. On the roof. Preaching crazy god talk. Rolls joint in front of reporter.
You know you've already told half a dozen people about this story. Gotcha, sucker.
Doug

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

A house he is sharing with roomates.
Mr NiceGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay in school? For what? School is for people who aren't born with naturally developed talent like Jereme.
He's 24 years old and lives in a 2 story house in Redondo Beach. I would say he didn't do that bad considering the fact he dropped outta high school.
booster

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Doug wrote:
Also legalize the mushrooms he took. They were also made by God. The same goes for opium, it is also one of God's creations. If all of used these drugs we would all love each other. There would be no more wars. We could just all lay around smoking weed and having orgies. <quoted text>
You had me at 'hello' lol
big

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

really wrote:
Kids, this is just a reminder for you all to stay in school.
stay in school Jereme probably makes more money than you do,and does something he loves. but your right stay in school unless you have the for sure talent to make it big like he did.
ANON

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

MEDICAL CARD ??????? GIMME A BREAK !! THE IDIOT SHOULD HAVE
JUMPED .. KIND OF HARSH ? TOO BAD, I HAVE NO TIME FOR LOSERS LIKE HIM ...... WHAT A COMPLETE WASTE OF A HUMAN LIFE
Skateboarder

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

This kid is a kook. I don't think he's a good representation of skateboarders, and I don't want people to think that all skateboarders act this kid. A few skaters may be as dumb as Rogers, but the majority of skateboarders are not idiots. For example, Ocean Howell is receiving his PhD from Berkley and has authored many articles that have been published in peer reviewed academic journals.

In addition, I hope some of Rogers corporate sponsors drop him, this guy needs a reality check. Someone needs to tell him skateboarding is about skateboarding not being about trying to become a rapper/movie star and doing drugs.

... sad, if he kept his head straight he coulda been something, his part in the PLWHL was good and his part in the Girl video was amazing, what a waste of talent.
westsidejesse

West Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

ANON wrote:
MEDICAL CARD ??????? GIMME A BREAK !! THE IDIOT SHOULD HAVE
JUMPED .. KIND OF HARSH ? TOO BAD, I HAVE NO TIME FOR LOSERS LIKE HIM ...... WHAT A COMPLETE WASTE OF A HUMAN LIFE
You know what the funny thing is Anon?? This kid is more sucessful then you are, he has it made and living the good life....you on the other hand sound like you need a hug, or better yet, smoke a doobie!
Lurker

Belmont, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

Go Jermy go!
Limbaugh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

I know hippie's who like having the freedom to ride little boards around, I know hessians who like riding big boards around, I know hip-hop kids who like riding average 7.75 boards around.
All skateboarders do is vandalize property and take drugs. They need to start pulling their pants up, tucking in their shirts, get proper haircuts and SHAPE UP!
westsidejesse

West Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Limbaugh wrote:
I know hippie's who like having the freedom to ride little boards around, I know hessians who like riding big boards around, I know hip-hop kids who like riding average 7.75 boards around.
All skateboarders do is vandalize property and take drugs. They need to start pulling their pants up, tucking in their shirts, get proper haircuts and SHAPE UP!
Sorry DAD, we will get right on it! Maybe we should join a gang instead? Skateboarding is not only a great physical sport to stay healthy and keep you in shape, but keeps kids busy instead of joining gangs and getting into trouble....your comment is garbage "all they do is vandalize and take drugs" come on man, get a life....
STARCHY

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

what a loser
Harborgal

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

End the Prohibition wrote:
Free the weed! It was made by GOD and is not man's to prohibit.
Legalize what was made by GOD. Legalize the production and sale of marijuana to adults.
Allow bars to sell marijuana under the same laws as alcohol.
End the drug dealers in our schools and the easy access children have to marijuana.
End the cartel killings. The cartels murdered 6,000 people last year in order to protect their cash flows from selling marijuana into the U.S. Another 2,600 people were murdered by them so far this year. We cannot have this on our conscience.
Legalize marijuana!
Legalize pot and besides drunk drivers there would be people hallucinatingon the streets and while drilving the roads. Yes, pot is illegal for a reason. I never knew a "pot head" who contributed anything respectable to civilization. There should be more information for kids and teens and for anyone else who thinks pot is the answer. Paranoia, anxiety attacks, lack of motivation and mental illness are common symptoms in smoking this crap.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr hsktommox 18,832
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 10 hr Pea solved 200,564
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 17 hr Donny B 7,922
OinkSM Secret Sauce Patent Issued Wed JasonTT 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Tue matches lighters 15,961
Los Angeles County caregivers working to get fo... Aug 25 SPARKY 3
8 Great Dive Bars in Los Angeles (Aug '13) Aug 24 Kid_Tomorrow 3
•••

Torrance News Video

•••
•••

Torrance Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Torrance People Search