why is compton such a horrible place to live ?

Created by MICK DUNDEE on Apr 24, 2010

307 votes

Click on an option to vote

black people

black men

black women

black kids

old black people

black dogs

all of the above

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Serrano Red

Perryton, TX

#46 Jun 1, 2013
have the mexicans taken over
420 Toker

Oak Ridge, NC

#47 Jun 2, 2013
Do you know what a blood clot is? A traffic jam in Compton.
Serrano Red

Perryton, TX

#48 Jul 20, 2013
it's just a dump all those peacful people
Black momma

Norwalk, CA

#49 Jul 20, 2013
I was born in Compton grew up there around the 60s during a time when mr Chico liquor store. Both parents were in the home. Compton drive in make sure you got home before the street lights came on. We moved when tookie came in. I was devastated but also happy that my father was very properous. I miss dancing on the porch with my little friends we could not relate to Good Times I didn't know what the projects were. We moved to Lakewood cherry cove cul de sac maybe a total of 8 black families. I was a sweet little girl I was very sheltered I could not believe the hate we received from the parents not the kids. Hey that was the good weed era so it was all cool in the game. I turned them on to R & B but I was already into led zepplin, ac/dc, The stones, I was a head banger to disco queen to punk, I had a great life. My exposure to all types of culture was great. No one can Bar B Q like southern people and no one I mean no one can bake like white women but good ole soul food big sistas from the church. And no one can party like mexicans Vicente Fernandez, Ana Gabriel, Juan Sebastian is on te voy a cambiar su nombre and yes I speak Spanish. Mariposa no regreso contigo just wait Prez Santiago is next.
Ahhhhh ha ha ha I can't wait white folks will lose there minds.
themostdef2012

Laconia, NH

#50 Jul 27, 2013
Expat from Hong Kong wrote:
I certainly won't live in Compton regardless, even if I become totally broke. I would move to the poorest village in China and not to Compton. Compton is the worst place I had seen so far in my life. If there are worst cities in the USA than Compton, I think the USA really has a very serious problem. I went to Compton to look at an apartment when I first arrived at this country and the vibe there really scared me. Then my friends told me there were people who got shot everyday. Compton makes the worst of the worst neighborhood in Hong Kong look like paradise, cause at least nobody was shot to death there. Compton is bad because of the failed government policy, not the people there. If it were in Hong Kong, our government would send in special task force and clean out the hood inside and out, and make it look better than Beverly Hills by evicting the gangs, building good schools, nice residential buildings and relocating the poor people and their kids to safe government housing all over Hong Kong. We used to have ghettos in the 50s and 60s, but not anymore. The Hong Kong government just cleaned out all the ghettos and turned the off springs from the ghettos into a group of highly educated and very productive citizens. Singapore did the same thing. But the government in CA is so corrupted it totally wasted people's tax dollars. I have met lots of smart and very nice Black people since I arrived (but they don't live in Compton). Race has nothing to do. It's the corruption in the government. From the poor English I see on this board, I do see that public schools in the USA are really failing the people. This is so sad.
there are much worst places in the u.s. than compton and yes the u.s. does have a lot of problems but it could be worst compared to some countries. all the stuff you here about compton like people get shot there everyday is a lie. i mean yea people get killed in gang related violence once in a while but its not as bad as it used to be. there are gangs there but as long you dont do anything stupid you'll be fine. and sending the military into the ghettos would just piss people off. and isn't china communist.
felipe

Houston, TX

#51 Dec 19, 2013
compton crip n****s aint nun to f***kwit comptom pirus aint nun to f**k wit compton essas aint nun to f**k wit but they f**k wit me an b***h i love it this the motto
Tre

Saskatoon, Canada

#53 Jan 5, 2014
Compton is rough anybody who says it ain't has never been there I live there
a real ghetto

West Hills, CA

#56 Sep 11, 2014
I moved to cpt at an early age from a nice neighborhood. My mother couldn't afford the rent anywhere else. The first year of living here I got jumped by a group of racist black girls for no real reason at all and got my nose busted. My brother was getting into fights at school on a daily basis and my mother had her car stolen and couldn't get to work on multiple occasions. Worst place I have ever lived in I try to move on from everything that happened in my childhood but some of the trauma remains. Blacks are the most racists out of all people. Hispanics are the most humble I am a proud latina (into martial arts) and will register my gun soon, so try me. Keep your heads up eyes peeled my fellow latinos brothers and sisters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr WPWW 19,383
Downtown Manhattan Beach 21 hr Bently 4
Gone Girls: Human Trafficking on the Home Front... Oct 21 Reader 1
Del Amo Fashion Center owners announce $200M up... (Aug '10) Oct 15 SMR 134
ASK THE LAWYER: Lawyers can be certified as spe... (Jun '09) Oct 13 maryjaneprincton 3
South Bay hospitals work to reduce emergency ro... Oct 5 Kate Smith 1
Do you approve of Pat Furey as Council Member? Sep 28 Frank Scotto 1

Torrance News Video

Torrance Dating
Find my Match

Torrance Jobs

Torrance People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Torrance News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Torrance

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]