why is compton such a horrible place ...

why is compton such a horrible place to live ?

Created by MICK DUNDEE on Apr 24, 2010

681 votes

Click on an option to vote

black people

black men

black women

black kids

old black people

black dogs

all of the above

Expat from Hong Kong

Redondo Beach, CA

#23 Jul 15, 2011
I certainly won't live in Compton regardless, even if I become totally broke. I would move to the poorest village in China and not to Compton. Compton is the worst place I had seen so far in my life. If there are worst cities in the USA than Compton, I think the USA really has a very serious problem. I went to Compton to look at an apartment when I first arrived at this country and the vibe there really scared me. Then my friends told me there were people who got shot everyday. Compton makes the worst of the worst neighborhood in Hong Kong look like paradise, cause at least nobody was shot to death there. Compton is bad because of the failed government policy, not the people there. If it were in Hong Kong, our government would send in special task force and clean out the hood inside and out, and make it look better than Beverly Hills by evicting the gangs, building good schools, nice residential buildings and relocating the poor people and their kids to safe government housing all over Hong Kong. We used to have ghettos in the 50s and 60s, but not anymore. The Hong Kong government just cleaned out all the ghettos and turned the off springs from the ghettos into a group of highly educated and very productive citizens. Singapore did the same thing. But the government in CA is so corrupted it totally wasted people's tax dollars. I have met lots of smart and very nice Black people since I arrived (but they don't live in Compton). Race has nothing to do. It's the corruption in the government. From the poor English I see on this board, I do see that public schools in the USA are really failing the people. This is so sad.
dumb ass rat eaters

North Hollywood, CA

#24 Dec 27, 2011
Expat from Hong Kong wrote:
I certainly won't live in Compton regardless, even if I become totally broke. I would move to the poorest village in China and not to Compton. Compton is the worst place I had seen so far in my life. If there are worst cities in the USA than Compton, I think the USA really has a very serious problem. I went to Compton to look at an aparthIment when I first arrived at this country and the vibe there really scared me. Then my friends told me there were people who got shot everyday. Compton makes the worst of the worst neighborhood in Hong Kong look like paradise, cause at least nobody was shot to death there. Compton is bad because of the failed government policy, not the people there. If it were in Hong Kong, our government would send in special task force and clean out the hood inside and out, and make it look better than Beverly Hills by evicting the gangs, building good schools, nice residential buildings and relocating the poor people and their kids to safe government housing all over Hong Kong. We used to have ghettos in the 50s and 60s, but not anymore. The Hong Kong government just cleaned out all the ghettos and turned the off springs from the ghettos into a group of highly educated and very productive citizens. Singapore did the same thing. But the government in CA is so corrupted it totally wasted people's tax dollars. I have met lots of smart and very nice Black people since I arrived (but they don't live in Compton). Race has nothing to do. It's the corruption in the government. From the poor English I see on this board, I do see that public schools in the USA are really failing the people. This is so sad.
then take yo ass to china dumb ass oh yeah china where they only allow you to have one kid... & they would kill you if you pray to god .. & you only visited not lived here so why do you even speak on this...
Pookie

Taos, NM

#25 Feb 27, 2012
Adrian wrote:
<quoted text>who else lives their ?
Compton use to be all white people at first belive it or not im white and lived there the last 10 years and its not all that bad of a place it is what u make it
Pookie

Taos, NM

#26 Feb 27, 2012
The Dog boy wrote:
um here the thing the people who do not live in compton no nothing about compton they live in there easy live not knowing what goes on around them they just get told something is wrong with some place and there going to follow it. I love compton there no other place i would want to be theres alot of smart people i know in the Cpt and i know theres alot of bright minds how bout a new poll what makes compton such a bad place ??? i mean it all fake the shit they say about being shot and getting beat up i dont get shot at or mollested or anything im just here enjoying life in compton theres alot of good people in compton i know alot of nice people. Im tired of all you rich stupid snotty fokes telling us our home is bad we just grow up in differnt standards then you. here there are differnt races there are white mexicans african americans and watch one day we are going to be running it all amigos and your gonna see us working together and haveing a good time you just cant enjoy the great things in life. thanks for reading this
Thats right...i miss living there
cali girl

Rock Hill, SC

#27 Oct 9, 2012
this poll is terrible. however i am from compton i grew up in compton and just moved away 2 years ago. how safe it is depends on how you live your life. if youre into drugs and gangbangin then hell no it wont be safe for you. i lived with my brother for a few years and yes, our house got shot up..but that was because he was into gang banging. i moved back with my mother and never even heard a gunshot in the area. since people want to be racist, i promise you, A MEXICAN will kill you and rob you for no reason quicker than a black person would here. ive never been robbed or beaten or raped. i have two brothers...one that is in the streets and he was always getting robbed and getting his house shot up. but then i have my other brother who is educated and never been a victim to anythin like that. basically, whatever happens to you (robbed, raped, killed, shot at etc) is going to be a result of the way you are living your life and who you hang around. if youre a drug dealer or hang around them, prepare to get robbed! if youre a prositute or a loose girl running around screwing everybody, then prepare to get raped. if you gang bang..be sure youre ready to die for it. Im not saying things dont happen to innocent people though, but thats anywhere...
Taylor

United States

#29 Nov 10, 2012
You've obviously never been to compton. I live there and I'm white. Its not that bad. I'm white so that reduces the likelyhood of being shot down. Your just judging it by its lokks. Don't be stupid and don't drive around at night unless you have to
You'll be fine
Bob

Victorville, CA

#30 Nov 26, 2012
Non one who has lived in Compton believes its a bad place. It is ranked 2 in California for new businesses and has a crime rat that has dropped 73% in 5 years. Its close to the beach and a jog from Downtown. The truth is Compton does not have many gangs left because gangs have moved to areas with single family homes in LA. This is because most housing in Compton is apartments with access control and gang banger types working at Del Taco selling weed on the side can't afford an apartment on their own. East LA, San Fernando Valley and Hollywood are the big gang areas now.
crissy

Navarre, FL

#31 Nov 28, 2012
i would love to move to compton

Thee_Rickster

“How Tequila works”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#32 Dec 3, 2012
Racist thread.
anonymous

United States

#33 Jan 26, 2013
People who think that compton is safe are insane! every day there are shootings and stabbings of innocent people, and the gang members have so much drug money that they can buy their way out of anything!
Brittany

Van Nuys, CA

#34 Mar 8, 2013
Compton is not that bad, you guys just think its so horrible because you heard or saw it probably on tv or the radio. I live in compton, in one of worst territory, home to one of the most dangerous gangs(crips). Compton is not as dangerous as oakland, now thats a city that I would never want to move to
Brittany

Van Nuys, CA

#35 Mar 8, 2013
You can't say that compton bad if u haven't even been there just because u heard how bad it is doesn't mean anything... I have self experienced
Brittany

Van Nuys, CA

#36 Mar 8, 2013
Everywhere has gangs, everywhere is a tragedy, u guys just make compton sound so horrible
Brittany

Van Nuys, CA

#37 Mar 8, 2013
Im not embarassed to say that I live in compton, im actually glad
Big Bubba Blackcock

Redlands, CA

#38 Mar 12, 2013
Brittany like the dark meat. now be a goods bithc and go gets me my chikn an 40
edgardo

Compton, CA

#39 Mar 14, 2013
compton has changed forever hispanic people are the new citizens of compton we are birthing a brand new compton thanks to los angeles sheriff department and compton wil be a great city soon because it's in the middle of great cities gardena carson paramount long beach thank you
Comptoneros

El Monte, CA

#42 Apr 30, 2013
Compton is the most known city cuz we setentas gang make it known
smart one

Lincoln, NE

#43 May 5, 2013
Comptoneros wrote:
ok this hole Compton crap and gang crap is dumb the gangs there those people have nothing else better to do with there lives they think there hard and there not im a white girl im 34 and I went there and looked at all these fools around there how they talk there slang shit ok go back to school
smart one

Lincoln, NE

#44 May 5, 2013
Comptoneros wrote:
you make it known huh grow up and finish school or go back your not tough

Since: Apr 13

Santa Ana, CA

#45 May 5, 2013
Because you touch yourself at night

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr New york 20,648
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Redondo Beach (Oct '15) 19 hr KatySiewierski 48
News Harbor-UCLA Medical Center cited for safety vio... (Oct '11) Sep 27 Human 19
News Manhattan Beach police have issued 17,002 ticke... (May '09) Sep 26 Slade surfer Thom... 19
Torrance Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Records Sep 26 Slade surfer Thom... 3
News New MB rules aim to halt mansionization (Feb '08) Sep 21 Janet R 17
Fog Horn in Marina Del Rey (Dec '10) Sep 21 westsidesurf 10

Torrance Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Torrance Mortgages