Physician loses appeal, faces jail ti...

Physician loses appeal, faces jail time in sexual battery case

There are 18 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Feb 4, 2010, titled Physician loses appeal, faces jail time in sexual battery case. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

In a judgment issued Wednesday, the Los Angeles Superior Court Appellate Division affirmed the 18 misdemeanor guilty verdicts rendered in Mahendra Udani's second trial nearly three years ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

Voice of Reason

Mountain Top, PA

#1 Feb 4, 2010
Let's see you take one for Bubba - oops will it be called a lapse of judgement on Bubba's part or just a fact of life behind bars.

Be sure to mention that you used your position to take advantage of others and he'll show you how that works in prison.

Good job prosecutors.
Koto

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

#2 Feb 5, 2010
How many sexual assaults must one comit before being put away for good? This man has a history of sex related issues. They can't all be unfounded.

Too bad he is getting only 2 years. He should get life. I will bet he will be preying on women again when released.
Robert

United States

#3 Feb 5, 2010
Too bad. He was a good doc, too. My stomach is doing much better because of him.
Next Time Men

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Feb 5, 2010
Should have tried to get more independent minded Jurists to hear the case.
Two Men
Cssper on the Real RIch Hill
orgnslic

North Hollywood, CA

#5 Feb 5, 2010
He got what he deserved. Now if only the other South Bay physician will get his too.
missie

Waipahu, HI

#7 Feb 5, 2010
There are many physicians out there who are doing bad things and getting away with them. I am glad people are realizing that physicians can be scum bags too and go after the creeps. Treat the guys like any other sexual offender. Plaster their pictures all over the paper like you do when it is a teacher,scout leader or any other person
Wally

Dardanelle, AR

#8 Feb 5, 2010
I knew this guy...no way would he do that. He has way too much integrity to commit such acts. Very sad. Those lying accusers will be sorry when G-d judges them.
Didier

United States

#10 Feb 5, 2010
Wally wrote:
I knew this guy...no way would he do that. He has way too much integrity to commit such acts. Very sad. Those lying accusers will be sorry when G-d judges them.
I know him too and I am not surprised this happened. I always had an uneasy feeling about him [i'm a guy but he made weird comments] and stopped seeing him and went to another GI doctor. Besides that I thought he was not a good doctor.

He has been accused so many times all these complaints can't possibly all false.

With 2 yrs in jail he got away clean as far as I am concerned. When you can hire fancy lawyers like Harlan Braun you get lighter sentence.
Voice of Reason

Mountain Top, PA

#11 Feb 5, 2010
Wally wrote:
I knew this guy...no way would he do that. He has way too much integrity to commit such acts. Very sad. Those lying accusers will be sorry when G-d judges them.
When will people come to the realization that it doesn't matter how well, or how long you've known someone you have absolutely no idea what they do behind closed doors.

Someone's grandpa molesting, someone's daughter on crack, someone's mother embezzling ....
DirtDestroyer

Three Rivers, CA

#12 Feb 5, 2010
Another sex offender off the street.I can't believe that he was allowed to practice while on parole.Women,physicians should always have a nurse in the room when examining you.
white trash jim

Manhattan Beach, CA

#13 Feb 5, 2010
im surprised and shocked that none of these DB posters tried to blame this on an illegal undocumented mexican...In shock i say
Voice of Reason

Mountain Top, PA

#14 Feb 5, 2010
white trash jim wrote:
im surprised and shocked that none of these DB posters tried to blame this on an illegal undocumented mexican...In shock i say
Could be because statistics show they don't go to a physicians office. You'll find them clogging up the local emergency room with a nose bleed or sore throat. Why ? because they don't have to pay, that's why. Dya get it now.
ZZTop

United States

#15 Feb 5, 2010
orgnslic wrote:
He got what he deserved. Now if only the other South Bay physician will get his too.
You talkin''bout Dr. Zeljko Zic? He lives in PV and practiced (past tense) in San Pedro...plead no contest to 2 counts of sexual assault. Supposed to be on Megan's Law, I heard. License suspended. Staff says "restructuring" his practice. Just an old fart that used his position of power to commit crimes that he thought he could get away with. Told the judge he "thought he was in a relationship with one of the women". Thought? I heard he was married. Some people say he and his wife like threesomes, so maybe that was the plan. I don't get it. Throw your life and career away for what? These guys think societies rules don't apply to them.
Sarah

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#16 Feb 5, 2010
Why would a former Las Vegas stripper return over and over--nine separate times on nine different days--for treatment from a doctor who was "fondling" her? Without ever saying anything? PUHLEEZ, people!

Can you say "set up"?

I'm a girl, and I know a gold-digger when I see one. And this stunt was pure gold-digging!

Here's the ruse: Find an unusually wealthy doctor. Ethnic minorities offer a big advantage. Use your seduction. Go back for more. Reel him in. Feign indignation to a hungry junior DA, and fool a gullible jury. File a civil lawsuit. Get rich.

Piece of cake. It's totally Grifters 101.

That trial was a pig circus. Udani never had a chance.

May the true crime come to light one day.

Arrest the stripper. Free the doctor.
I Believe It

Lomita, CA

#17 Feb 7, 2010
ZZTop wrote:
<quoted text>
You talkin''bout Dr. Zeljko Zic? He lives in PV and practiced (past tense) in San Pedro...plead no contest to 2 counts of sexual assault. Supposed to be on Megan's Law, I heard. License suspended. Staff says "restructuring" his practice. Just an old fart that used his position of power to commit crimes that he thought he could get away with. Told the judge he "thought he was in a relationship with one of the women". Thought? I heard he was married. Some people say he and his wife like threesomes, so maybe that was the plan. I don't get it. Throw your life and career away for what? These guys think societies rules don't apply to them.
Let me tell you a story...I used to work at a skilled nursing facility where Zeljko Zic treated his patients. Not only did he ask me out but some of the nurses use to hide when he showed up! The guy was married but still had no problem expressing his feelings to young girls! Hello! Can you say CREEP!!! I'm glad he is not practicing because he is a weirdo!
George Washington

United States

#18 Feb 9, 2010
Why in GODS name would any man choose to be a Gynecologist unless he was pervert? I know this guy is not an OB-GYN. But, any woman who would go to a strange man and spread her legs, has no morals. Just because a man goes ot med. school and has a paper hanging on the wall, does not mean he is not a perv. If you are female, go to a female dentist and doctor...period. I'd never let my wife/gf go to a male M.D. or Dentist for anything. Ya, I'm closed minded. But, when she has a check-up, She and I don't have to worry about her being molested either. Stick THAT in your pipe and smoke it, AMA and ADA.
National Call

Florencio Varela, Argentina

#19 Feb 9, 2010
Jordan Moss tops this and any pervert alive
read Galdi vs Megdal YCO30202
www.fbiblackliistedspecialagentfrankjester.co...
Wolfy

South Pasadena, CA

#20 Feb 9, 2010
"Sexual battery"? umm sounds kinky to me...
does it keep going like the Energizer bunny?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr global gaza 20,507
News 2 women arrested in Redondo Beach massage parlo... (Oct '10) 7 hr B-Clinton 153
News Honorable mention Naughty Maggie Aug 27 Stay South Bay In... 2
looking for my brother Aug 26 benkel 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Redondo Beach (Oct '15) Aug 25 blessed528 43
Best Furniture Store in Torrance Aug 22 musttoast 1
Kroenke and Rams Suck Aug 22 OJ s 1

Torrance Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Torrance Mortgages