Torrance puts more police on patrol

Torrance puts more police on patrol

There are 63 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Jan 16, 2010, titled Torrance puts more police on patrol. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

The most sweeping reorganization of the Torrance Police Department in more than 30 years begins today with a revamped beat structure designed to put more officers on the streets.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
yyy

Anaheim, CA

#1 Jan 17, 2010
Why? So, more drunken Torrance coppers can cause the tax payers more money?
Thats the answer_

Redondo Beach, CA

#2 Jan 17, 2010
Torrance has it all figured out.... Maybe they will let Sgt. Mike head up the Civilian unit since he still has a job.
Dog43

Houston, TX

#3 Jan 17, 2010
Don't get me wrong, I think Torrance police do a great job, but if one more shines his spot light in my eyes when I am driving home at nite I am going to crash.......does anybody else know what I am talking about......
Truth Squad

San Bernardino, CA

#10 Jan 17, 2010
Absolutely incredibly stupid. The Torrance police already get paid too much and get too much of the budget. Torrance doesn't have the problems in the town to denote highering more cops or giving them more hours. The fire Department and Police Department should cut their forces by 40% and lower their pay by at least 25% with no overtime pay.
Truth Squad

San Bernardino, CA

#11 Jan 17, 2010
Yes, and Torrance needs to quit allowing their members get away with driving drunk and being above the law.
Torrance resident

Tarzana, CA

#12 Jan 17, 2010
Maybe they can patrol the neighborhood streets and issue some nice big tickets when people are clocking 45 or 50 in a 25 zone. Some kid walking to school is going to hurt one of these days.
Yes

Torrance, CA

#13 Jan 17, 2010
Dog43 wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I think Torrance police do a great job, but if one more shines his spot light in my eyes when I am driving home at nite I am going to crash.......does anybody else know what I am talking about......
Last week. While I was driving .... Scared the hell out of me until I figured out it was police
RB Mom

Camarillo, CA

#14 Jan 17, 2010
Yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Last week. While I was driving .... Scared the hell out of me until I figured out it was police
I agree with Dog. This has happened to my husband, myself and both of us together. It has also happened to several friends. Keep the spotlights off of LEGAL drivers!
Wow

Anaheim, CA

#15 Jan 17, 2010
RB Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with Dog. This has happened to my husband, myself and both of us together. It has also happened to several friends. Keep the spotlights off of LEGAL drivers!
I think the Torrance Po Po does it on purpose just to get a rise with the lites in the face. Wait to someone does it to one of their loved ones.
joe momma in turlock

Turlock, CA

#16 Jan 17, 2010
...i used to live in torrance in the seventies and eighties.......torrance is a verrrry good city to live in.....the city had many great programs for it's citizen's.....the police department is rather top notch......those of you who _itch and moan about the police doing their job...maybe you should move to gardena or compton........i never had any trouble with the torrance police....and have had some contacts with their officers a few times....and guess what....they were totally friendly and professional......if you dont like torrance...LEAVE.
Wow

Gardena, CA

#18 Jan 17, 2010
Dog43 wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I think Torrance police do a great job, but if one more shines his spot light in my eyes when I am driving home at nite I am going to crash.......does anybody else know what I am talking about......
Yep. Has happened to me twice. Once when I was driving on Redondo Beach Blvd. towards Crenshaw. I had my family in the car. And once when I was headed south on Crenshaw to get on the freeway. In that incident, he hit my car with the spotlight, but totally ignored the lowered red Honda ricer with heavily tinted black windows who started driving erratically when he saw the police car.
Hometown Fan

Buena Park, CA

#19 Jan 17, 2010
Truth Squad wrote:
Yes, and Torrance needs to quit allowing their members get away with driving drunk and being above the law.
TPD - hypocrites.....

Since: Apr 09

Torrance, CA

#20 Jan 17, 2010
Truth Squad wrote:
Absolutely incredibly stupid. The Torrance police already get paid too much and get too much of the budget. Torrance doesn't have the problems in the town to denote highering more cops or giving them more hours.
Where in the article did it say they were hiring more officers?

"the number of sworn officers in the department has declined, while civilian employees have increased.
In fiscal year 2008-09, the department had 241 sworn officers and 117 civilians, Capt. Kevin Kreager said.
The latest budget calls for 227 police officers and 130 civilians once all the changes are made."

PLEASE learn to read.
Truth Squad wrote:
The Police Department should cut their forces by 40%
What, so we can have more crime? Is that your solution, to decimate the ranks until crime gets completely out of control, and THEN hire some more officers? I happen to enjoy knowing that there's an adequate police force that KEEPS crime under control. I think most people like crime prevention a lot better than crime response.
Joe six-pack

Torrance, CA

#21 Jan 17, 2010
Usual whiners posting comments. Keep up the good work Torrance PD. Just don't let the criminals know too much of what you are doing. Hopefully, most criminals don't read the Daily Breeze.
LOL

Van Nuys, CA

#23 Jan 17, 2010
Regardless of what some say here...all this will be good for the city.

Wish more cities would take heed.
VOICE OF REASON

Mountain Top, PA

#24 Jan 17, 2010
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the Torrance Po Po does it on purpose just to get a rise with the lites in the face. Wait to someone does it to one of their loved ones.
What loved ones ??
Naveah

United States

#25 Jan 17, 2010
Torrance resident wrote:
Maybe they can patrol the neighborhood streets and issue some nice big tickets when people are clocking 45 or 50 in a 25 zone. Some kid walking to school is going to hurt one of these days.
Yes, and while they are at it, maybe they could start patrolling the Del Amo mall again. Too many large groups of rowdy, foul-mouthed kids intimidating others from wanting to frequent the mall. Check the parking structure too, you'll find them gambling, playing craps.
This is funny

Hawaiian Gardens, CA

#26 Jan 17, 2010
Truth Squad wrote:
Absolutely incredibly stupid. The Torrance police already get paid too much and get too much of the budget. Torrance doesn't have the problems in the town to denote highering more cops or giving them more hours. The fire Department and Police Department should cut their forces by 40% and lower their pay by at least 25% with no overtime pay.
You have no clue what goes on in the city, that is obvious. take off the blinders.
Hate dumb comments

Los Angeles, CA

#27 Jan 17, 2010
Truth Squad wrote:
Absolutely incredibly stupid. The Torrance police already get paid too much and get too much of the budget. Torrance doesn't have the problems in the town to denote highering more cops or giving them more hours. The fire Department and Police Department should cut their forces by 40% and lower their pay by at least 25% with no overtime pay.
Read the article again. They are not "highering" (I think he means HIRING) more officers. And your recommendations about cutting their forces and pay has no basis, does it? Man I just love reading these dumb comments, they always make me feel less dumb.
i agree

Hawaiian Gardens, CA

#28 Jan 17, 2010
joe momma in turlock wrote:
...i used to live in torrance in the seventies and eighties.......torrance is a verrrry good city to live in.....the city had many great programs for it's citizen's.....the police department is rather top notch......those of you who _itch and moan about the police doing their job...maybe you should move to gardena or compton........i never had any trouble with the torrance police....and have had some contacts with their officers a few times....and guess what....they were totally friendly and professional......if you dont like torrance...LEAVE.
I agree with you...The funny part is, i would bet most of these people don't live in Torrance...They probably were arrested in Torrance and are just pissed they got caught...Keep up the good work TPD...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 17 hr stupid republicans 20,389
Review: Pro Elim Photo Photography (Nov '14) Jul 24 Kristen 5
News Some say it's time California had statewide rul... Jul 24 Le Jimbo 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Redondo Beach (Oct '15) Jul 22 Anonymous 37
What is the back story re Scottsdale Townhomes (Apr '10) Jul 21 Sickofit 15
New Local Youth Baseball Club Jul 20 cammac84 1
What has happened to Lynwood? (Dec '05) Jul 19 madrachod 1,094

Torrance Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Torrance Mortgages