Bystander shot in chest as gang fires...

Bystander shot in chest as gang fires on rivals in Hawthorne

There are 76 comments on the Daily Breeze story from May 27, 2010, titled Bystander shot in chest as gang fires on rivals in Hawthorne. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

BLOG: Keep up to date with South Bay crime and court news BLOG: Track South Bay court cases South Bay crime stats SOUTH BAY HOMICIDES Suspected gang members shot an innocent bystander in a Hawthorne liquor store parking lot, as they tried to wound rivals, police said this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Boston Bruin

Boston, MA

#68 May 28, 2010
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
You are tragicly misinformed.....google Jamiel Shaw Jr.
Jamiel Shaw Jr was a blood gang member/affliate
Mav

Aliso Viejo, CA

#69 May 28, 2010
Corneluis wrote:
Bunch of rasicist peoples in here.
Bunch of uneducated posters in here, who can't spell worth beans!
COPS ARE USELESS

Pico Rivera, CA

#70 May 28, 2010
doesnt sound like an accident at all,
but then again this story is based off what a cop says
i lol @ that fact
"After the man responded, the suspects drove around the corner, Tomatani said. Shortly after, one of the gang members walked back to the lot carrying a gun and fired, mistakenly shooting the victim"

so the cop was saying it was an accident correct ? mistakenly ?
was the "gang" member trying to test if water came out of his pistol ?

obviously who ever got shot said something to piss them off, which is why they drove off and came back

who the hell is in charge of these police academy's
pathetic
A Brotha from the Streets

Torrance, CA

#71 May 28, 2010
I'm Sick of Gang Bangers..... Civilized People unit and take action..... Don't matter about Color Sex or Religion, we all need to come together and get rid of these Gang Bangers
A Brotha from the Streets

Torrance, CA

#72 May 28, 2010
john in torrance wrote:
If there's a war on terrorists. Aren't gangs a terrorist group? I say shoot to kill. Wipe out the gangs. I'll even bet you that you start getting the illeagles out of this country and you'll see a reduction in crime.
Yes gangs are a group of terrorist, however gangs usually kill in their own area, which offers no Value of Monetary concern. We the People need to take back the streets, but it starts with the very people that are being victimized. Of Course I like Shoot to Kill as well...
Kenny

Los Angeles, CA

#73 May 31, 2010
In The Know wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you are completely wrong. Lawndale 13 is still alive and very active. In fact, they have recently split, now forming two seperate gangs which are warring with each other, as well as NSR (Redondo 13), and other areas as well. So before you pretend to be the internet gang expert, you may want to update your facts from the 1990's ace! You're behind the times, and not nearly as smart as you think you are. Check the past stories, Lawndale 13 has been involved in numerous shootings in the past year. Are you really that clueless or just trying to get the value of your Lawndale home to inch upwards?
LMAO!!! Lawndale is only known for Tweekers and Good o' Mike the Bum.
BAD COP

Anaheim, CA

#74 May 31, 2010
Kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!!! Lawndale is only known for Tweekers and Good o' Mike the Bum.
Hahaha...Mike the bum, 166th and prairie. He is a legend, 15 years plus strong of holding down that corner, and still holding strong.
BAD COP

Anaheim, CA

#75 May 31, 2010
A Brotha from the Streets wrote:
I'm Sick of Gang Bangers..... Civilized People unit and take action..... Don't matter about Color Sex or Religion, we all need to come together and get rid of these Gang Bangers
Yea, good luck with that. While you still tuck your purse when you see a shaved head you panzi. Bang bang!

Since: Jun 08

Torrance, CA

#76 Jun 1, 2010
BAD COP wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, good luck with that. While you still tuck your purse when you see a shaved head you panzi. Bang bang!
No, fake gunshots sound like, Bing Bing!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#77 Jun 2, 2010
Just for the record, there are still good areas in Hawthorne, CA... Redondo Beach has good and bad areas as does Torrance. It does boil down to people caring about their neighborhoods and attempting to get rid of the gangs.

Crime visits good areas all the time so to sit here and talk about other cities is just dumb. We need to keep the bad criminals in prison and ship the illegals back to Central America where I will bet a majority of them come from. They do not all come from Mexico... my opinion only!
special order 40

Torrance, CA

#78 Jun 10, 2010
what is special order 40 mean?
rrosencrantzz wrote:
If any legal resident has any information on this crime, don't give it to the police.....just tell them your responding to special order 40.
South Bay

Los Angeles, CA

#79 Jun 10, 2010
This may be alittle off topic but the reason why Real Estate prices are so high in the South Bay is b/c there are so many bad areas here. People who can afford to pay the high rent go to better neighborhoods b/c of better amenities (and so rents are competitive there). If these bad areas were cleaned up and cities focused on getting rid of these unwanted gangs, they'd have more revenue from people who can afford to spend.

But that would make too much sense, and cities are run by idiots that don't want to do anything!!!
Too Funny

Inglewood, CA

#80 Jun 14, 2010
Mav wrote:
<quoted text>
At least "Garbage" doesn't shoot innocent people, you ARE a liberal pantywaist. STFU and get a life, you meatball.
Could not have said it any better..
GymGuy777

Ashburn, VA

#81 Jun 17, 2010
Thats crazy
Mastergunnysrgnt

Los Angeles, CA

#82 Sep 7, 2012
Little watts are killers walking the streets .....u think u all know but you have really no idiea. Theres scary shit going on .glad i dont live in hawthorne.
soloso135th

Houston, TX

#83 Sep 21, 2013
hawthorne L Dub S

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Earl 20,642
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Redondo Beach (Oct '15) 7 hr KatySiewierski 48
News Harbor-UCLA Medical Center cited for safety vio... (Oct '11) Sep 27 Human 19
News Manhattan Beach police have issued 17,002 ticke... (May '09) Sep 26 Slade surfer Thom... 19
Torrance Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Records Sep 26 Slade surfer Thom... 3
News New MB rules aim to halt mansionization (Feb '08) Sep 21 Janet R 17
Fog Horn in Marina Del Rey (Dec '10) Sep 21 westsidesurf 10

Torrance Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Torrance Mortgages