Bystander shot in chest as gang fires...

Bystander shot in chest as gang fires on rivals in Hawthorne

There are 76 comments on the Daily Breeze story from May 27, 2010, titled Bystander shot in chest as gang fires on rivals in Hawthorne. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

BLOG: Keep up to date with South Bay crime and court news BLOG: Track South Bay court cases South Bay crime stats SOUTH BAY HOMICIDES Suspected gang members shot an innocent bystander in a Hawthorne liquor store parking lot, as they tried to wound rivals, police said this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Garbage

Inglewood, CA

#1 May 27, 2010
Arizona's new law is looking better and better
garbage man

Redondo Beach, CA

#2 May 27, 2010
Garbage wrote:
Arizona's new law is looking better and better
Your name befits your character--garbage. Why don't you fill in that chip on your shoulder and stop looking for the worse in things? I'm not a bleeding heart lib, but why is it jerks like you always got to make judgmental, snide comments?
Mav

Aliso Viejo, CA

#4 May 27, 2010
garbage man wrote:
<quoted text>
Your name befits your character--garbage. Why don't you fill in that chip on your shoulder and stop looking for the worse in things? I'm not a bleeding heart lib, but why is it jerks like you always got to make judgmental, snide comments?
At least "Garbage" doesn't shoot innocent people, you ARE a liberal pantywaist. STFU and get a life, you meatball.
Cesar Torres

Torrance, CA

#5 May 27, 2010
One more incident that wouldn't have happened if we had a secure border...where is homeland security?
Secure the border and cut crime by 42%. Deport all illegals and reduce the prison population by 38%. Wow, we would have enough room to keep our criminals in jail!
Mav

Aliso Viejo, CA

#6 May 27, 2010
BIdenHisTime wrote:
And so it goes in the City Of Hood Neighbors.
Glad I moved far, far away from that ghetto. I remember 22-23 years ago there was a fair at the Memorial Center, across the street from this incident. A fight broke out between hoodlums with knives.
Cesar Torres

Torrance, CA

#7 May 27, 2010
garbage man wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you just judge his opinion and make a snide remark?
People are frustrated and that's starting to show more and more...let folks vent, maybe it will prevent bloodshed...SECURE THE FREAKIN' BORDER!!!

Since: Mar 10

United States

#8 May 27, 2010
First we have get rid of the people in power: mayor, city council and local/state rep. Then we secure the border. We can't secure the border with clowns running the show.
What

Torrance, CA

#9 May 27, 2010
We had a "conservative" administration from 2000-2008 and nothing happened. What's next?
SWB

Indianapolis, IN

#10 May 27, 2010
It's always some poor innocent bystander...yeah right!
JustUs

Long Beach, CA

#11 May 27, 2010
Just what does the Arizona Law have to do with this?
The article does not state an ethnicity for the gang members, so why not STFU ignorant racists.
heartless

Redlands, CA

#12 May 27, 2010
Really brave punks.You live by the gun you will die by the gun and hopefully soon.Little watts can all go to Hell
garbage man

Redondo Beach, CA

#13 May 27, 2010
Cesar Torres wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you just judge his opinion and make a snide remark?
People are frustrated and that's starting to show more and more...let folks vent, maybe it will prevent bloodshed...SECURE THE FREAKIN' BORDER!!!
So I'm the pot that calls the kettle black huh? You don't need to make spiteful comments in hopes that it'll teach society a lesson.

Let me tell you a little something, and I'm humble because this lesson stuck with me since. When I was in 6th grade I used to think I was a comedian and made fun of this guy because he was an "easy target." It wasn't friendly banter, instead I tried to belittle him in front of everyone at his expense. I thought I was funny in my 12 year old mind. One day after school, that guy caught me off campus and punched my face hard. It knocked me to the ground and he continuously punched me several more times in the face. My face was swollen with bruises, a busted lip, and blood profusely flowed from my mouth. That guy got the last laugh. From then, I never disrespected others again by making snide, spiteful comments. I respect that guy for teaching me a lesson, and, the fact that he could've turned the tables and bullied me. He didn't, but instead walked away and ignored me thereafter.

In this day and age, cowards can sit behind a computer and write anything. It's not about "venting" like you imply.
sam gompers

Los Angeles, CA

#15 May 27, 2010
I don't see this as a border issue. I see it as a gang issue. The gangster , thug life, hip-hop, tribal culture that thrives in America is the problem. Education is the solution, but it's too late. Half of California kids drop out of our public schools.
concerned

Los Angeles, CA

#16 May 27, 2010
garbage man wrote:
<quoted text>
So I'm the pot that calls the kettle black huh? You don't need to make spiteful comments in hopes that it'll teach society a lesson.
Let me tell you a little something, and I'm humble because this lesson stuck with me since. When I was in 6th grade I used to think I was a comedian and made fun of this guy because he was an "easy target." It wasn't friendly banter, instead I tried to belittle him in front of everyone at his expense. I thought I was funny in my 12 year old mind. One day after school, that guy caught me off campus and punched my face hard. It knocked me to the ground and he continuously punched me several more times in the face. My face was swollen with bruises, a busted lip, and blood profusely flowed from my mouth. That guy got the last laugh. From then, I never disrespected others again by making snide, spiteful comments. I respect that guy for teaching me a lesson, and, the fact that he could've turned the tables and bullied me. He didn't, but instead walked away and ignored me thereafter.
In this day and age, cowards can sit behind a computer and write anything. It's not about "venting" like you imply.
Great story!!! simple street justice. Right on!
john in torrance

El Segundo, CA

#17 May 27, 2010
If there's a war on terrorists. Aren't gangs a terrorist group? I say shoot to kill. Wipe out the gangs. I'll even bet you that you start getting the illeagles out of this country and you'll see a reduction in crime.
Perry

North Hollywood, CA

#19 May 27, 2010
Lived in Lawndale from 87-02. Friends would go out for a walk, disappear for a week, only to find out they had been beat by gang idiots. I was out for a jog at 11pm on Condon and a yellow Caddie with blackened windows pulled up and a black jerk flashed a sawed off shotgun. ha ha, real funny
Between the Tongans, 13's and blacks, average Joe is a sitting duck. Walk around carrying your own gun risks jail time for concealed carry.

I left a good job at TRW, friends living on the Esplanade and now have a piece of Wyoming solitude. Instead of sirens and gunshots, I have to worry about insects and bears. lol

Get out while you can as it only will be getting worse.
Joker

Bethpage, NY

#20 May 27, 2010
i visited this liquor store maybe twice since moving to the South Bay i will never go back
Ripper

Houston, TX

#21 May 27, 2010
The suspect then ran away.

Dont they all ? They are ALL COWARDS ! Take the weapon away and all you have is a punk tough guy who acts like a thug ! These lowlifes should be hunted and exterminated like the roaches that they are, and who cares what color they are, or if they are here legally or not because it doesnt matter when you break the law ! Dont send em to prison, send em to the graveyard where they belong ! Vigilante justice , CCW, viva la 2nd Amendment !
hmmm

Hawthorne, CA

#22 May 27, 2010
Did this article say anything about the gang members being Hispanic? Lol Hawthorne is full of other minority gangs!
Mav

Aliso Viejo, CA

#23 May 27, 2010
garbage man wrote:
<quoted text>
You made snide remarks because your momma didn't step to the plate to teach you any manners. To this day you still don't. Do you have a father?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr fire exit 20,278
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Redondo Beach (Oct '15) May 20 Stephanie G 19
drug dealing plague in hawthorne May 19 Roni 1
News Compton: teen fatally shot (Jul '08) May 19 Jim 10
Sex Offenders/Predators AGAIN planning Protest... (Jun '15) May 18 Hillary Hates Off... 6
Homeless Man on Hawthorne Blvd. (May '09) May 15 Joe 17
News San Marino police arrest mother and daughter fo... May 14 Tired tax payer 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Torrance Mortgages