Providence Little Company of Mary named a top 50 cardiovascular hospital

Full story: Daily Breeze
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center in Torrance was named one of the nation's 50 top cardiovascular hospitals in a study by Thomson Reuters. Full Story
Hardnose

Glendale, CA

#1 Nov 19, 2010
I wouldn't be alive and posting a reply if it were not for the ER and Cardiology Departments at Little Company of Mary! Nice to see that they attained such regard.
To a Hardnose in Cerritos

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Nov 19, 2010
Hardnose wrote:
I wouldn't be alive and posting a reply if it were not for the ER and Cardiology Departments at Little Company of Mary! Nice to see that they attained such regard.
I wonder how much they charged for it.
And WHO actually paid the bill?

I was charged "Total Charges:$ 148876.16" for a ten-day-stay.

"Thank you for selecting PROVIDENCE LCM TORRANCE for your healthcare needs. We are proud to be of service to you and your family. Medicare has processed your claim. If you have a supplemental policy that is not listed on this statement, please call us at the number below to provide billing information. If you do not have supplemental insurance, or if your supplemental insurance has been billed but has failed to pay on this account, the patient balance indicated is now due."

The patient "expired" one day before [8/20/2010].
To Bogert and Scotto

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Nov 20, 2010
$150,000 for ten days, are they insane?
And they say Al Capone was bad?
To a Hardnose in Cerritos wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how much they charged for it.
And WHO actually paid the bill?
I was charged "Total Charges:$ 148876.16" for a ten-day-stay.
"Thank you for selecting PROVIDENCE LCM TORRANCE for your healthcare needs. We are proud to be of service to you and your family. Medicare has processed your claim. If you have a supplemental policy that is not listed on this statement, please call us at the number below to provide billing information. If you do not have supplemental insurance, or if your supplemental insurance has been billed but has failed to pay on this account, the patient balance indicated is now due."
The patient "expired" one day before [8/20/2010].
Evagoblog

Modesto, CA

#5 Jul 9, 2012
If you do NOT have insurance, they DO adjust the bill. I was brought in as a result of a 911 call and the bill was $39,884.91 but they adjusted it to $6035.30, I think most private hospitals do that, Huntington hospital where I also admitted through emergency took off about $24K off a $2K9 bill, but it didn't really matter as I was eligible for county insurance for indigent people which paid all the bills.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Del Amo Fashion Center owners announce $200M up... (Aug '10) Oct 15 SMR 134
ASK THE LAWYER: Lawyers can be certified as spe... (Jun '09) Oct 13 maryjaneprincton 3
South Bay hospitals work to reduce emergency ro... Oct 5 Kate Smith 1
Do you approve of Pat Furey as Council Member? Sep 28 Frank Scotto 1
Do you approve of FRANK SCOTTO as Mayor? Sep 28 Pat Furey 1
Father, son had sought new life (Jul '08) Sep 21 eff outta here 224
An era closes for Schullers and their congregants (Jun '12) Sep '14 R Schuller 3

Torrance News Video

Torrance Dating
Find my Match

Torrance Jobs

Torrance People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Torrance News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Torrance

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]