Providence Little Company of Mary nam...

Providence Little Company of Mary named a top 50 cardiovascular hospital

There are 4 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Nov 19, 2010, titled Providence Little Company of Mary named a top 50 cardiovascular hospital. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center in Torrance was named one of the nation's 50 top cardiovascular hospitals in a study by Thomson Reuters.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

Hardnose

Burbank, CA

#1 Nov 19, 2010
I wouldn't be alive and posting a reply if it were not for the ER and Cardiology Departments at Little Company of Mary! Nice to see that they attained such regard.
To a Hardnose in Cerritos

Northridge, CA

#2 Nov 19, 2010
Hardnose wrote:
I wouldn't be alive and posting a reply if it were not for the ER and Cardiology Departments at Little Company of Mary! Nice to see that they attained such regard.
I wonder how much they charged for it.
And WHO actually paid the bill?

I was charged "Total Charges:$ 148876.16" for a ten-day-stay.

"Thank you for selecting PROVIDENCE LCM TORRANCE for your healthcare needs. We are proud to be of service to you and your family. Medicare has processed your claim. If you have a supplemental policy that is not listed on this statement, please call us at the number below to provide billing information. If you do not have supplemental insurance, or if your supplemental insurance has been billed but has failed to pay on this account, the patient balance indicated is now due."

The patient "expired" one day before [8/20/2010].
To Bogert and Scotto

Northridge, CA

#3 Nov 20, 2010
$150,000 for ten days, are they insane?
And they say Al Capone was bad?
To a Hardnose in Cerritos wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how much they charged for it.
And WHO actually paid the bill?
I was charged "Total Charges:$ 148876.16" for a ten-day-stay.
"Thank you for selecting PROVIDENCE LCM TORRANCE for your healthcare needs. We are proud to be of service to you and your family. Medicare has processed your claim. If you have a supplemental policy that is not listed on this statement, please call us at the number below to provide billing information. If you do not have supplemental insurance, or if your supplemental insurance has been billed but has failed to pay on this account, the patient balance indicated is now due."
The patient "expired" one day before [8/20/2010].
Evagoblog

Pasadena, CA

#5 Jul 9, 2012
If you do NOT have insurance, they DO adjust the bill. I was brought in as a result of a 911 call and the bill was $39,884.91 but they adjusted it to $6035.30, I think most private hospitals do that, Huntington hospital where I also admitted through emergency took off about $24K off a $2K9 bill, but it didn't really matter as I was eligible for county insurance for indigent people which paid all the bills.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr south amboy 20,699
News Incarceration nation: What it's really like whe... 11 hr concerned res 1
News The 30-year metal reign of Tom Araya and Slayer (Aug '12) Sat T Rump 4
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Redondo Beach (Oct '15) Dec 2 Madeline 58
What is the back story re Scottsdale Townhomes (Apr '10) Dec 1 BGnLA1 18
News Adopt-a-family for Christmas (Dec '08) Dec 1 djmillar1 56
News What Do a Woman's Breast Implants Have to Do Wi... Nov 30 concerned res 1

Torrance Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Torrance Mortgages