Rash of third-row seat thefts from SU...

Rash of third-row seat thefts from SUVs reported in Torrance

There are 33 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Jun 2, 2010, titled Rash of third-row seat thefts from SUVs reported in Torrance. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

Victims have reported seven crimes in which single and double seats have been removed from 2003 to 2007 General Motors models, including Cadillac Escalades, Chevrolet Tahoes and Suburbans, and GMC Yukons and Yukon Denalis, according to a Torrance Police Department bulletin.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hope and Change

Burbank, CA

#1 Jun 2, 2010
When will these bad guys learn not to come into Torrance. It is a matter of time until they are caught, and as a Torrance resident, I say let TPD at them! I'm tired of reading about our crime rates and seeing these guys get off easy with some shady public defender, and not getting any time for their crimes and the heartache they cause hard working people. I for one will not complain about what happens to them when they are caught. People need to be more watchful these days and report anything suspicious to the police. But don't stop there, be a good witness, get involved and do your part. Lets get these animals off our streets!
Wow

Mission Viejo, CA

#4 Jun 2, 2010
Hope and Change wrote:
People need to be more watchful these days and report anything suspicious to the police. But don't stop there, be a good witness, get involved and do your part. Lets get these animals off our streets!
haha, then they cry profiling. We can't win. Stop illegals and you're a racist. Point out known troublemakers and you're profiling. It is so sad how the system works for the scumbags. Would you believe the Del Amo mall was actually nice in the late 70s? and some of the 80s? Some day Torrance will look like Hawthorne and that's SAD! No place should look like Hawthorne. I would rather be dead than live in Hawthorne.
Wow

Mission Viejo, CA

#5 Jun 2, 2010
**** = scum.bags
sergio

Dana Point, CA

#6 Jun 2, 2010
My Escalade was stolen on the 22nd and was found in compton with no third row and no 24 inch rims. thats all those bastards took, I got lucky they did not strip it.
Jerry

Canyon Country, CA

#8 Jun 2, 2010
those illegal taken third row set for there kids
Hey D As

United States

#9 Jun 2, 2010
Jerry - Really? You have to go there? So because the poster before you is named Sergion, he must have WIC? Really? We don't need racist comments on this, we need to catch whomever is responsible and hold them accountable! No slaps on the wrists!
Ummmmm

Harbor City, CA

#11 Jun 3, 2010
These are all from three years ago. What the heck?
no name

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

#12 Jun 3, 2010
Ummmmm wrote:
These are all from three years ago. What the heck?
It's really confusing the way they wrote it. For example - "11 a.m. to 1 p.m. May 30, 2007 Chevrolet Suburban, Macy's, Del Amo Fashion Center" really means on May 30 this year the seat was stolen out of a 2007 Chevrolet Suburban.

Since: Apr 10

United States

#13 Jun 3, 2010
I contacted GM's R&D in Detroit four years ago. I complained to them that they are able to put locks on shifting levers, consoles, glove boxes, spare tires, doors, ignitions, & trailer hithces, but not THIRD ROW SEATS!!!

Those third row seats are very expensive to replace and Detroit could care less. I am using a very thick Harley-Davidson cable threaded through my floor to really slow down the thieves efforts to get my third row seat. I also keep my third row seat folded-up until I need it and I heavily tint my windows and my pet Lion sleeps inside my Suburban at night! I could seriously save on some pet food if just someone would try to take my third row seat. My pet "Mr. Fangs" sure eats a lot!
Hope and Change

Burbank, CA

#14 Jun 3, 2010
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
haha, then they cry profiling. We can't win. Stop illegals and you're a racist. Point out known troublemakers and you're profiling. It is so sad how the system works for the ****. Would you believe the Del Amo mall was actually nice in the late 70s? and some of the 80s? Some day Torrance will look like Hawthorne and that's SAD! No place should look like Hawthorne. I would rather be dead than live in Hawthorne.
I agree. But Torrance will take longer to make it to the low level of Hawthorne, because residents in our city actually get involved. The legal system requires people to get involved, not just simply dial 911. With a good witness or a victim who is cooperative, these bad guys can go away for what they are doing. Any doubt these bad guys are coming from the north and east of the city????
wow

United States

#15 Jun 3, 2010
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
haha, then they cry profiling. We can't win. Stop illegals and you're a racist. Point out known troublemakers and you're profiling. It is so sad how the system works for the ****. Would you believe the Del Amo mall was actually nice in the late 70s? and some of the 80s? Some day Torrance will look like Hawthorne and that's SAD! No place should look like Hawthorne. I would rather be dead than live in Hawthorne.
What the Hell does Hawthorne have to do with anything you are a Moran. I would hate to live where ever you live you sound like a nut case.
Hey Assclown

Burbank, CA

#16 Jun 3, 2010
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
What the Hell does Hawthorne have to do with anything you are a Moran. I would hate to live where ever you live you sound like a nut case.
If you're going to call people names, make sure you spell it correctly. Calling someone and moron and then spelling it wrong makes you look even dumber.
skg

Torrance, CA

#18 Jun 3, 2010
My sons 3rd row was stolen at El Camino. We understand you can't replace with new seats must get used, thus the seats keep getting stolen and the insurance keep paying to put the back in. Newer models are made to lock in.
Kelli

Indio, CA

#22 Jun 3, 2010
What kind of idiots still drive these gas guzzling monstrosities?

Makes women look masculine who drive SUVs and men who need a vehicles that large probably are small down under if you know what I mean.

Get these trucks off the road.
Vegaslandfill

Las Vegas, NV

#23 Jun 3, 2010
This is so sad...

Since: Mar 10

United States

#24 Jun 3, 2010
Can't see the logic of stealing third row seat. Are we dealing with human?
Image is everything

United States

#25 Jun 3, 2010
kma wrote:
SUV - SPORT Utilty Vehicle. How does a SPORT vehicle have a 3rd row seat?
It was a clever marketing term to get weak minded people to buy them. It's the closest all those fat people who "need" them will ever come to being in a sport.
Kelli

Indio, CA

#26 Jun 3, 2010
Image is everything wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a clever marketing term to get weak minded people to buy them. It's the closest all those fat people who "need" them will ever come to being in a sport.
Most people are weak of mind when it comes to clever marketing.

If more people knew how dangerous SUVs are to side impact and rollover accidents they would not buy them. Figure if you are in a rollover accident and driving one of these by the time you realize what is happening you are probably dead or close to it.
Image is everything

United States

#27 Jun 3, 2010
Kelli wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people are weak of mind when it comes to clever marketing.
If more people knew how dangerous SUVs are to side impact and rollover accidents they would not buy them. Figure if you are in a rollover accident and driving one of these by the time you realize what is happening you are probably dead or close to it.
Don't forget about the people in them who go over the top of railings off of bridges and overpasses because they are so tall and top heavy. I'm sure most of them felt so very safe minutes prior to that knowing that if the paved road turned into the amazon forest like in the commercials, they'd be able to handle it. Or if a log fell off of a truck in front of them, they could go over it instead of around it.
Realist

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

#28 Jun 3, 2010
For Sale:Third row SUV seating.
Can be purchased at the Alpine Village Swap meet for best offer made

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What has happened to Lynwood? (Dec '05) 4 hr Playboy OBL 1,096
News Montebello pondering these ways to shrink its b... 8 hr No more 5
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr Really 21,438
Review: Taco Bell (Mar '17) Feb 16 TACO BELL INGLEWO... 8
Review: Inglewood Lanes Bowling Center (Jul '17) Feb 16 INGLEWOOD LANES W... 100
Review: Inglewood Lanes (Jan '17) Feb 16 INGLEWOOD LANES B... 80
Inglewood Lanes is new located at 4030 W. Centu... (Feb '16) Feb 15 LONG LIVE BOWLING 560

Torrance Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Torrance Mortgages