L.A. council proposes 9 ballot measur...

L.A. council proposes 9 ballot measures for March 8 election

There are 7 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Nov 16, 2010, titled L.A. council proposes 9 ballot measures for March 8 election. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

Los Angeles voters will be asked in March to consider reforming the Department of Water and Power, taxing medical marijuana and reworking the city pension system under measures placed on the ballot Tuesday by the City Council.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

Since: Jun 08

Torrance, CA

#1 Nov 16, 2010
you tell them to vote no on 19 and then you want to tax the medical Marijuana !! GD you politicians are greedy mofo's.
The Truth

Paso Robles, CA

#2 Nov 16, 2010
Unfortunately, we cannot ‘sleep quietly in our beds’ with Barack Hussein Obama as President.
Karg

Phoenix, AZ

#3 Nov 16, 2010
11/16/2010

Dear Citizens,

LA City Officials are liars.

Just as Attorney Shook/Judge Shook----and what happened to that reporter from the Daily Breeze after the journalist award....thats right!

It could be worse...like the Fox Reporter who ended up at the bottom of the Cliffs this year!

Now, City Administrative Officer Miguel Santana said, "We will have to find money from somewhere to cover this shortage."

And for years we were telling City Administrative Officer Miguel Santana and his associates where to find the money---$117 Million of it!

And what was their response....thats right!

So as the Citizens are finding out these officials do not want to do their jobs.....they did not process the rape kits.....they did not want NCs Elections and the fraud and deception that surrounded these NCs---and Bamboozling the Changed City Charter in 1999....they do not want to investigate the LA County Grand Jury Indictment of James Harris [02/01/2010]...they do not want to look backwards to see the damages left behind in a case involving the Bicycle Industry....nor do they wanted to investigate the 1000 homicides in the Torrance Metro Area alone [the FBI joined them this year]...they refuse to look into the Funds for the Clean-up Machodo Lake $117 Million...they did not care about the $1 million dollar toilets from Germany for the Ports...nor where they worried about all the espionage running rampant through their local industries [1998 Cox Report].

Really want these people tampering with the pension funds....I thought I had saw enough with the Reagan Administration years back!

Now the Council Members are concerning themselves with Bicyclists and Smoking on the Beach.

Yet, the Average Citizen does not know anything about the Budget or the outlays thanks to the City and the local Newspaper!

These people will not respond to solid information.

Councilman Paul Koretz is right, "he believes the council is submitting too many issues"---yeah---one is too many for these impostors!

Time to shut down the City and start again!

Sincerely,

Don Karg
Frustrated

South El Monte, CA

#4 Nov 16, 2010
We should absolutely vote NO on taxation of medical marijuana. NO MORE TAXES!!!
Karg

Phoenix, AZ

#5 Nov 16, 2010
11/16/2010

Dear Citizens,

Go to City Hall and Protest their lack of leadership!

Sincerely,

Don Karg
Frustrated wrote:
We should absolutely vote NO on taxation of medical marijuana. NO MORE TAXES!!!
David

United States

#6 Nov 17, 2010
Lets save lots of money, get rid of all the city coucil men and women, their staffs and cars, and other perks they have. Oh and lets go to a mail in ballot. we could save a lot more..
Just me

South El Monte, CA

#7 Nov 17, 2010
rrosencrantzz wrote:
you tell them to vote no on 19 and then you want to tax the medical Marijuana !! GD you politicians are greedy mofo's.
You're funny. Your comment made me laugh. Thanks! I needed a good lol.

...mofo...:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Pro Elim Photo Photography (Nov '14) 19 hr Kristen 5
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 22 hr OMTE 20,386
News Some say it's time California had statewide rul... Sun Le Jimbo 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Redondo Beach (Oct '15) Fri Anonymous 37
What is the back story re Scottsdale Townhomes (Apr '10) Jul 21 Sickofit 15
New Local Youth Baseball Club Jul 20 cammac84 1
What has happened to Lynwood? (Dec '05) Jul 19 madrachod 1,094

Torrance Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Torrance Mortgages