help

Livonia, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2011

Are they illegal in Pointe Coupee Parish?
baby

Livonia, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2011

No they not
Really now

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2011

Yea also zebras and lions are but only west of la. 1 if you are to the east you can have them.
help

Livonia, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2011

no need to be a smart a$$! I was just asking if they were illegak didn't ask for your stupid input!!!!!!
help

Livonia, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2011

no need to be a smart a$$! i was making sure they weren't illegal! They had a meeting about banning 10 breeds of dogs and pitbulls were one of them!
Really now

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2011

How about unicorns cuse I really don't want to have to put mine down
Mkay

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

help wrote:
no need to be a smart a$$! i was making sure they weren't illegal! They had a meeting about banning 10 breeds of dogs and pitbulls were one of them!
They haven't even had the meeting. It's October 5.
jarreau

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

Judged:

It's not the dogs they should ban it's the idiot owners, I am not a pit bull owner nor do I care for the breed but i would not say oh ban them. I understand there was a child killed by dogs in our paridh and I truly cant imagine going thru that but banning certain breeds wont stop people from bring attacked. Emphasis needs to be placed on responsible dog ownership, and even a poodle can and will bite, but u don't hear about banning those dogs now do you. People need to really take into consideration all the dog breeds they are trying to ban in this parish it will effect almost all of us in one way or another someone you know will loose their family pet if this passes!!!!
fetch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

Judged:

help wrote:
Are they illegal in Pointe Coupee Parish?
why would pitbulls be illegal in this parish when boxers aren't?
informed

Houma, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

Judged:

jarreau wrote:
It's not the dogs they should ban it's the idiot owners, I am not a pit bull owner nor do I care for the breed but i would not say oh ban them. I understand there was a child killed by dogs in our paridh and I truly cant imagine going thru that but banning certain breeds wont stop people from bring attacked. Emphasis needs to be placed on responsible dog ownership, and even a poodle can and will bite, but u don't hear about banning those dogs now do you. People need to really take into consideration all the dog breeds they are trying to ban in this parish it will effect almost all of us in one way or another someone you know will loose their family pet if this passes!!!!
i had a chihauhua bite me once, i kicked it and it let go....a pitbull is not going to let go. that is the difference. and the sad part, that people are not understanding is that these dogs are coming from good homes where they've been raised since pups. and you are right, idiotic owners is the right term, because anyone stupid enough to own a pitbull deserves to get attacked. now as for their children, no they do not deserve such a thing. a long time ago we chose pits for fighting because they displayed aggressive characteristics very common to the breed today. i'm sorry a poodle isn't going to fight to the death with another dog on command. the dog doesn't have those qualities built in. pits make up a very small portion of the canine population, yet they are number one on deadly and violent attacks. and anyone who thinks an attack from a poodle and a pitbull need to be in the same category, then i think you should reevaluate that belief.
Thor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

Judged:

Never heard anybody threaten someone saying, " I'll be on you like a poodle".
jarreau

New Roads, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

Judged:

The point was any dog is capable of attacking, from large to small dogs. The owners are in the end responsible for their dogs actions. As I stated I do not own or will ever own a pit bull, the answer is not to start banning any dog that bites but make the owners responsible, I think it's like 10 breeds they want to ban in the parish not just pit bulls. We all know PCP has always looked for a quick fix that satisfies the right last names not what is best for the public. I agree that laws are needed to protect citizens but I also think instead of looking for a solution they have again are gonna try to do the quick fix make the power names happy!

Since: Feb 11

Maringouin, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

Judged:

Before pit bulls it was Rottweilers, before Rottweilers it was Dobermans, and before them it was German Shepherds. Each breed in its order was deemed too vicious and unpredictable to be around people. Each time people wanted laws to ban them. It is breathtakingly ironic that the spotlight has turned on the breed once the symbol of our country and our national babysitter.
In temperance tests (the equivalent of how many times your kid can poke your dog in the eye before it bites him) of all breeds the most tolerant was the Golden Retriever. The second most tolerant was the pit bull.
Pit Bullís jaws do not lock, they do not have the most powerful bite among dogs (Rottweilers have that honor) and they are not naturally human aggressive. In fact pit bull puppies prefer human company to their motherís two weeks before all other dogs.
It's not the dog's genetics that cause pit bulls to become aggressive, or to be feared as a breed, it's abusive owners that train dogs to fight and the media that sensationalizes attacks that create such a frenzy.
With pit bulls, as with any other breed, you'll get from it what you put in. Treat it well and you'll have a loving companion. Treat it poorly and you'll get what you deserve.
fetch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2011

Judged:

what breed of dogs have attacked or even killed in pointe coupee parish?
$$$

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2011

Judged:

fetch wrote:
what breed of dogs have attacked or even killed in pointe coupee parish?
Boxer
ashley latiolas

Maringouin, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

i have to admit.. i have a beautiful pit bull that i have raised from a puppy.. he is sweet as gold!!.. now im not saying that he cant turn on me one day bc idk that... but hes the best dog we have and we have alot of dogs he was raised with little baby kittens and when the mom left he was thier for them.. cutest thing ever!.. but all of you are right pit bulls are dangeros BUT its not the dog its the way it was rasied and how the dog was treated as a puppy!!.. If livonia didnt want pit bulls in this area then im sorry i have been in this resisdence for 19 years n they wont tak emy dog away from me and put him in the pound or kill him for not doing anything wrong!!.. some pit bulls are bad but this one smiles at you! thats ranndom and rare haha.. but if they were banded from livonia it would be goos for the ones not in fenced in yards but for the ones like mine woule be horrable!
hardworking mom

Smithville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

fetch wrote:
<quoted text>why would pitbulls be illegal in this parish when boxers aren't?
Boxers are on the list for banned dog breeds in the ordinance they created. Along with German Sheperds, Rottewiellers, Dobermans, Chow Chows, Akitas, all pit and staffodshire breeds and any mix that resembles the before mentioned breeds. I would not worry though, it will not pass.
Pissed

Hammond, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

This is to "informed". Your an idiot. We have a pitt and its scared of its own shadow. But if it ever can tell me it wants to bite someone I hope I can find u
Pitt <3

Opelousas, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

I have a Pitt and she was raised up with my 3 kids 14, 8, and 2. She would never harm them. Best dog I have ever had. When I was a child a wiener dog bit me in my face an I had reconstructed surgery to my bottom lip. It's how you raise your animal not the breed.
Pissed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Thanks for ur comment. It's the people who do wrong that think wrong!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Torbert Discussions

Search the Torbert Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 45 min Forgiven 2,671
Zarangue (Feb '06) Mon Dwayne 13,508
fire truck accident Jul 18 charliesmom 2
The truth about Spillway Cable, And why they sh... (Oct '12) Jul 16 Hilariously Bad 26
John cline? May '14 woow 9
milfs in livonia May '14 ? 2
How can one offer money to strangers to spend M... May '14 Phill Hoffman 0
•••
•••
•••
Torbert Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Torbert Jobs

•••