First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just-Real04

Baton Rouge, LA

#1 May 30, 2009
All I'm going to say is, sometimes you hear things and feel sad cause of people who are not here anymore. But in some cases you just want to say to hell with it and they got what was coming. This one of those times. Kendrick ain't never messed with nobody. That ain't him, but he reached his breaking point. And I don't blame him.
wtf

Livonia, LA

#2 Jun 1, 2009
Why can't people just fight and get it over with ! Think about it one gets their ass beat and the other spends the weekend in parish jail ! And still can have bragging rights ! No life sentence ! No funeral ! No ongoing feud between 2 families that have known each other all of their lives ! Don't they realize by shooting one man and taking his life the shooter looses his life too !
Just-Real04

Baton Rouge, LA

#3 Jun 1, 2009
The reason no one fights anymore because there is always one guy who man's up and comes to deal with it by himself. And the other comes with at least four friends to ensure that he comes out on top. I've always been a fan of using your fist, but in this case I agree with the shooter. Since he did try to handle it like a man, before he was jumped and had to get his mouth wired.
realistic

Maringouin, LA

#4 Jun 1, 2009
people's opinions will never agree! i pray for the families of all the parties involved; they will be the ones that have to deal with all of this based on the actions of two parties that were thinking things through - my heart goes out to you!
sad at home

Baton Rouge, LA

#5 Jun 1, 2009
man i jus talked to him earlier that day. yeah he was mad wit what was going on, considering that not only was he jumped a couple weeks ago by these same boys and had to put 3250 dollars in his mouth because of it on the 29. but those boys was still in his face and he got tired of it. what were they gonna do nex, go to his home. he got a girl and a baby in there! he was jus protectin what he worked so hard for. im missin ma dude already!
concerned09

Baton Rouge, LA

#6 Jun 2, 2009
When will people come to realize that violence does not solve anything!!! It only makes a situation worse than what it already is! My heart goes out to Kendrick and Than because neither one of them deserved this. They were both good people caught up in bs. Now two lives are gone because of a feud that started over plum ignorance!! My black people we need to wake up and come together at a time like this. It saddens me to see two people I have known since forever ago lives gone. This should be a wake up call to the community, this ignorance needs to stop before someone else loses their life.
you09

Baton Rouge, LA

#7 Jun 2, 2009
When well u a**hole in the MARINGOUIN Area even learn thatviolence will never solve anthing, if u stop go the HILL getting fucked up and think that everything you do & say make you top dog, you defintly WRONG!! LIFES, FAIMLIES, CHILDREN, JOBS, FUTRUES have been turn upside down because something studip, I bet niether even remembers who or what this was about!!!!
LAhot boyee

Baton Rouge, LA

#8 Jun 2, 2009
sad at home wrote:
man i jus talked to him earlier that day. yeah he was mad wit what was going on, considering that not only was he jumped a couple weeks ago by these same boys and had to put 3250 dollars in his mouth because of it on the 29. but those boys was still in his face and he got tired of it. what were they gonna do nex, go to his home. he got a girl and a baby in there! he was jus protectin what he worked so hard for. im missin ma dude already!
Man keep your head up. I feel what you are kicking, but still two wrong will never make a right. So what are we to do........
MrBIG70

Rayville, LA

#9 Jun 3, 2009
Just-Real04 wrote:
All I'm going to say is, sometimes you hear things and feel sad cause of people who are not here anymore. But in some cases you just want to say to hell with it and they got what was coming. This one of those times. Kendrick ain't never messed with nobody. That ain't him, but he reached his breaking point. And I don't blame him.
F*** and Kendrick and thats real. You Talking about a breaking point and you dont blame him! You and him or Cowards.
TheBIG1

Rayville, LA

#11 Jun 3, 2009
Just-Real04 wrote:
The reason no one fights anymore because there is always one guy who man's up and comes to deal with it by himself. And the other comes with at least four friends to ensure that he comes out on top. I've always been a fan of using your fist, but in this case I agree with the shooter. Since he did try to handle it like a man, before he was jumped and had to get his mouth wired.
That cat got jumped weeks ago! It wasnt like they were jumpin on his azz that day and he shot him to get them off of him. He coulda came and fought him right there at the park where he shot him. I heard the other dude wasnt even a part of the original jumping incident. I hear that he was just affiliated with those guys that allegedly "JUMPED" him. And half the time people scream jump when they get they azz kicked by one person! Your pride is hurt and your fight record is 0-99. So you go shoot someone to fill the void and make up for the fact that you are a pu$$y. This has gotta stop!
Nathan

Livonia, LA

#12 Jun 3, 2009
Another Child Lost!
What’s with all these shootings? Why are kids packing guns? Where are the parents? Should parents be held accountable to the citizens of Maringouin putting “our” lives at risk?
Do parents not control their kids if they are living under their roof? I was taught if a child, either out of school and still living at home or in school, it was the parents’ responsibility to guide them in life to be responsible to themselves and society. Well, apparently the parents don’t care about their kids or the safety of others. What does this say about those parents who do not govern their children? Clearly not very much! Too many people suffer in the aftermath.
Why are the police allowing this to happen? The Town of Maringouin Police don’t do much to structure rules or regulations as they signed on and were hired to do for the Town of Maringouin! What about speeders? It is clearly posted as you come into town the speed limit is 25 MPH. Speeders both South and North of town run rampant daily. I thought we had a noise ordinance law for boom boxes.
It saddens me this is happening to a town that doesn’t care. No wonder growth for this town is stagnant.
It is time for “ALL PARENTS” AND “POLICE “ to take a stand and put a stop to these senseless killings for the future of all children in this town! How about random vehicle checks and the gathering of kids in a park? Let’s clean this town up. Try speeding in Livonia!
sad at home

Baton Rouge, LA

#13 Jun 3, 2009
there is a lot of he say she say bull going around about this. the fact of the matter is that two lives were lost due to people wanting to be mr big or top dawg or what ever you would like to call it. na i kno kenny and every since he was jumped he felt that he wasnt doing enough to protect his self. so he did what he felt he had to. my question to those who felt he is "pussy" what would you have done? would you have wanted to protect yourself, your family, those you care about? he carried his gun with him, and those boys, the same ones that jumped him, jumped his people.the boy had a gun as well. he stoped it. now im wondering why no one said anyting about that. im not happy about the way things ended up, im sure no one is but the fact of the matter is that in times like these everyone should pull together and help each other to get through this horrible time. all of the people involved knew each other and they all grew up together. no one is left happy in this!!

Since: Jun 09

Baton Rouge, LA

#14 Jun 3, 2009
Nathan wrote:
Another Child Lost!
What’s with all these shootings? Why are kids packing guns? Where are the parents? Should parents be held accountable to the citizens of Maringouin putting “our” lives at risk?
Do parents not control their kids if they are living under their roof? I was taught if a child, either out of school and still living at home or in school, it was the parents’ responsibility to guide them in life to be responsible to themselves and society. Well, apparently the parents don’t care about their kids or the safety of others. What does this say about those parents who do not govern their children? Clearly not very much! Too many people suffer in the aftermath.
Why are the police allowing this to happen? The Town of Maringouin Police don’t do much to structure rules or regulations as they signed on and were hired to do for the Town of Maringouin! What about speeders? It is clearly posted as you come into town the speed limit is 25 MPH. Speeders both South and North of town run rampant daily. I thought we had a noise ordinance law for boom boxes.
It saddens me this is happening to a town that doesn’t care. No wonder growth for this town is stagnant.
It is time for “ALL PARENTS” AND “POLICE “ to take a stand and put a stop to these senseless killings for the future of all children in this town! How about random vehicle checks and the gathering of kids in a park? Let’s clean this town up. Try speeding in Livonia!
STFU!!!!
msj

United States

#15 Jun 4, 2009
I am really really really mad about all of this. One young man lost his life and another is to blame. In the end, the community loses. We lose a citizen, another citizen goes to jail. Families lose their members and are left in tears for their whole lives .... mothers and fathers and sisters and brothers and grandparents.

Oh, I am not just mad, I am hurting badly. HURT HURT HURT. For everyone. Will someone please step forward and claim that it will end? I am not asking that you claim that anyone is right or wrong... just please claim that it will end.
msj

United States

#16 Jun 4, 2009
One more thing. This is not he responsibility of either parents or police.

This is the repsonsibility of our young adults. They were brought up by good parents and well policed. If anything, their own communities/peer groups need to be examined to test their values. Clearly they do not match those of their parents and community leaders.
OMG

Houston, TX

#17 Jun 9, 2009
Just a common sense question???? IF Than had a gun, when Kendrick started to fire why didn't Than Fire Back. I Mean would a gunholder just sit there and take 6-8 Bullets without retaliating. Sad at Home you need to call yourself just sad for condoning kendricks response to the alleged jump (he was not jumped). Then to say he bothers no one. That's funny cause I know a few sticky fights that he had gotten in and gotten slaughtered. His Pride was hurt so he opened fire in a park filled with children. Yeah that was the right thing to do.
sad at home

Baton Rouge, LA

#18 Jun 14, 2009
omg in huston, results say that he, kendrick, didnt kill than. if he didnt who did? he was the only one with a gun right? oh wait, i guess not if another bullet from another gun was found to be the murder wepon. than and his friends had a gun. regardless of what sticky fights, or whoevers pride was hurt. the truth is the truth. i never implied that it was the right thing to do. all im saying is that he did what he felt was right.

Since: Jun 09

Batchelor, LA

#19 Jun 23, 2009
Whatever

Since: Jun 09

Batchelor, LA

#20 Jun 23, 2009
sad at home wrote:
omg in huston, results say that he, kendrick, didnt kill than. if he didnt who did? he was the only one with a gun right? oh wait, i guess not if another bullet from another gun was found to be the murder wepon. than and his friends had a gun. regardless of what sticky fights, or whoevers pride was hurt. the truth is the truth. i never implied that it was the right thing to do. all im saying is that he did what he felt was right.
Sad At Home your right I know Kendrick personally and he doesn't mess with anyone until they mess with him. And yea they had to jump him because they knew they couldn't beat him one on one because he would have slaughtered them so thats who you call coward or a pussy like they say and after all of that he still was kicking there a**. As for the shooting he was never down they were down getting beat by kendricks cousins that they tried to jump on and couldn't beat them so they decided to pull out guns on kids and kendrick was just protecting himself and family members. And like you said they found other bullets not from kendricks gun that cause his death so what that means is one of his so called freinds must have killed him but its sad that it had to happen to him becuase of somethng they started because I knew Than and he was a good person until he hooked up with his friends but they all need to understand they whether there from wheelock, bayou road, or whatever its all Maringouin so grow up and let this nonsense go you started it and now its time to end this because their probably was no reason to start it in the beginning.
grow up already

Maringouin, LA

#21 Jun 23, 2009
Everyone has their own opinion but what really matters is the evidence..it speaks for itself. I am not saying it was right to open fire in a public part but let's face it, when 1 pulls a gun and points it at someone remember there will be 1 pointing back. Yes there were witnesses to the fact that the victim and his friends did have at least 1 gun. and Kendrick did not just walk up and start shooting, contrary to popular belief... he fired his 1st shot in the air as a warning to stop the victim from shooting a family member of his. Once that happened, the victim as well as his 'so-called' friends shot back at him. Once the victim was shot, instead of his buddies dialing 911 and staying with him, they decided to hop in HIS car and drive around making threats with said guns...Maybe if someone wld have stopped to get help or even try to help, his life may have been saved. And yes, Kendrick was in fact JUMPED weeks before by 4 guys.. and that is NOT hearsay, I saw it when it began. So, regardless of how it all began, one life is gone and others have been changed forever but Than's buddies are still at it, instead of growing up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torbert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
berts wife left him bc he was caught with a man Apr 25 So Sad:-( 3
bert gautreux ugly chin looking ass Apr 14 Today 6
Advice. Apr 12 HS Truman 4
kace the rat Apr 5 dar mch 13
Bert the crazy stalker guex. Apr 5 dar mch 1
Fitness Center Apr 3 LOL 3
mack hill???? Mar 30 slipstick 1
More from around the web

Torbert People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]