'God Hates Fags' sect could lose their church

Apr 8, 2008 | Posted by: Ziggy on High | Full story: www.pinknews.co.uk

A federal judge has ordered that the Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) building and the Phelps-Chartered Law office be taken away from the owners in order to pay a $5 million (£2.54m) fine.

The church, based in Topeka, Kansas, runs numerous websites such as GodHatesFags.com, GodHatesAmerica.com and others expressing condemnation of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, Roman Catholics, Muslims and Jews.

The religious organisation was ordered to pay the damages after members of its congregation picketed the funeral of two American servicemen.

Comments
1 - 20 of 484 Comments Last updated May 11, 2014
First Prev
of 25
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2008

Judged:

And so shall the wickedness in the name of God be punished, for they do not keep the Lord's commandments.

29And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

30And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

31And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

32And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:

33And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.

34And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.
Ryan

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2008

Judged:

When the Holy Spirit Doesn't work; Look out for God's Evil Spirit.

1 Samuel 16:14-15 states, "But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him. And Saul's servants said unto him, Behold now, an evil spirit from God troubleth thee."

God both benevolently good and diabolically evil? Some please have no reason and believe things exactly like this.

“Created Equal”

Since: Feb 08

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2008

Judged:

Aw, poor little hate preacher fall down go BOOM.

If they don't quit the shenanigans, Phelps could lose his own personal fortune as well. And wouldn't that be a crying shame.

"It is Easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." Matthew 19:24

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2008

Judged:

However, the family may be able to keep hold of the buildings through a legal loophole.

By law a persons home cannot be seized to pay legal costs, the family are maintaining that both the church and office buildings are part of the family home.

The family has been ordered to provide financial information about their interests.

First they claim that the courts are wrong, then they turn around and use a legal loophole to say their CHURCH and LAW CENTER are their homes?

I wonder how the IRS will decide on this. Tax exempt 501-3C's are not usually given to a person's HOME!

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2008

Judged:

DNF wrote:
However, the family may be able to keep hold of the buildings through a legal loophole.
By law a persons home cannot be seized to pay legal costs, the family are maintaining that both the church and office buildings are part of the family home.
The family has been ordered to provide financial information about their interests.
First they claim that the courts are wrong, then they turn around and use a legal loophole to say their CHURCH and LAW CENTER are their homes?
I wonder how the IRS will decide on this. Tax exempt 501-3C's are not usually given to a person's HOME!
Ah but that is simple enough to deal with....the majority of cities now have zoning ordinances, the only way they could legitimately claim that is if they both lived in the basement(full time) and had maintained a Primary residence there, if they own another home they could be legally forced to move into it and sell their Church/Office.
Pumuckle

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2008

Judged:

I'm not a christian, but those crazies should be taken out and shot, in the same style of stoning, because i would say that shooting is the new stoning. stoning was punishment for sinning. does the philospohy, "thou shalt not judge", which they should live by as christians, not mean anything to them? someone should watch for obituaries of memebers of westboro baptist church and picket at the funeral. say they were punished for their hate for their neighbors and their passing of judgement on others. a taste of their own medicine may work or at least let them feel humiliated.

Since: May 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Judged:

Pumuckle wrote:
I'm not a christian, but those crazies should be taken out and shot, in the same style of stoning, because i would say that shooting is the new stoning. stoning was punishment for sinning. does the philospohy, "thou shalt not judge", which they should live by as christians, not mean anything to them? someone should watch for obituaries of memebers of westboro baptist church and picket at the funeral. say they were punished for their hate for their neighbors and their passing of judgement on others. a taste of their own medicine may work or at least let them feel humiliated.
Here Here!!! Anyone in Topeka who feels this way, please post a comment on the forum, and I am sure that the funeral will be overwhelmed with protestors to do just this. Well, I do hope they are financially ruined, and maybe some of this nonsense will stop. They are the most un-American people I have ever heard of. Since, most of the church members aare relatives, I am surprized that it is not classified as a cult.
sully

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2008

Judged:

I hope they do lose their church, they don't deserve to have one.

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2008

Judged:

They're a really fun, wacky sideshow of freaks, and I hope they lose their church/residence/church/reside nce (depending on whether they're talking to the Judge in this case or to the IRS,) to buy a Winnebago and go on the road permanently. We desperately need more comedy in Philly....
GOSATAN

Cambridge, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2008

Exorcist wrote:
And so shall the wickedness in the name of God be punished, for they do not keep the Lord's commandments.
29And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
30And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
31And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
32And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:
33And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.
34And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.
I'd say quoting the Bible is quite irrelevant. These Westboro chumps are merely hiding behind the cross as an excuse for their actions. I've no problem with that, because anyone who is stupid enough not to see through their ruse might as well join them.

“I am happy”

Since: Jul 08

St. Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2008

Judged:

Oh that is such a shame. That hateful bigot and his followers will have to lose their church now. It almost brings a tear to my eye. Oh, never mind, that was an eyelash near my contacts.

“I am happy”

Since: Jul 08

St. Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2008

Judged:

ScottyMatic wrote:
If they don't quit the shenanigans, Phelps could lose his own personal fortune as well. And wouldn't that be a crying shame.
"It is Easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." Matthew 19:24
Yeah and then we will see him working at McDonalds. Keep a close eye on your food if you see that character there.

“Protestant, Gay, Libertarian”

Since: Apr 08

Long Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2008

ScottyMatic wrote:
"And as he looked below, he saw a camel, passing thru the eye of a needle, and being woven, into the robe of God..."

“Just Me!!”

Since: Oct 07

Moberly shhhhhhh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

I wanta be around when our maker passes judgement on their crazy people!

“Just Me!!”

Since: Oct 07

Moberly shhhhhhh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Judged:

Quick Question wrote:
Did you vote for any of this?(Most of us didn’t.)
*$4.07+ for gasoline and $2.59 for eggs
* Doing NEARLY NOTHING ABOUT ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION because they
.. want their rich fat-cat contributors to have plenty of cheap labor available.
* Giving our troops tanks without much armor
* The $11,000,000,000.00 (ELEVEN BILLION DOLLAR) bailout for the rich (Bear Stearns)
* IRAQ PRISON TORTURE AND, AMAZING BUT TRUE: NAKED BUTT PYRAMIDS!
* Providing substandard treatment in VA hospitals...
* Canceling parts of the Constitution (w/ email spying and phone taps). NIXON would be proud.
* Making the U.S. a country that’s known for SECRET PRISONS (and then lying about it).
Also, we can do without Bush/McCain-style fear-mongering that’s being pedaled as “experience” and failed war-mongering policies that have made Iran stronger.
Oh, and they’re the party that preaches to us about their “Family Values.” Then Republicans were caught, again and again, sending sexually-explicit emails to underage congressional pages, having sex in airport bathrooms, etc., etc., etc.
PEOPLE HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF DO-NOTHING REPUBLICANS! IF YOU SENT THEM MONEY BUT DIDN’T VOTE FOR NAKED BUTT PYRAMIDS, MAYBE YOU SHOULD CALL AND ASK FOR YOUR MONEY BACK!
Anyone BESIDES McCain in ’08!
For Far-Right Conservatives:
Libertarian Party – lp.org/
Chuck Baldwin - www.constitutionparty.com/
Ron Paul
For Democrats, Liberals and Moderates:
Barack Obama -... www.democrats.org ... and ... www.barackobama.com
--------
(Please feel free to copy and re-post any/all of this.)
I think its funny that after the democrats took over both houses, everything has went to pot!! hmmmm I will never vote for a democrat again!
carrie-edmonton

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

Judged:

To hear this nutcase lose his church would be welcoming news to Canada! Tim McLean was 22 years old and never bothered anyone. He was ASLEEP on that bus and was beheaded and eatened by a madman. How does his death and the " allowing of homosexuals in Canada" tie into this? Who in their right mind pickets a victim's funeral? Canada believes in the human race of ALL being equal but this still had NOTHING to do with these nuts picketing his funeral, does it? HIs family and friends deserve to honour Tim's memory in PRIVACY!!!! Not with these nutcases running around using his death to further their cause. As far as I am concerned, they are no better " eating off the flesh of Tim" than Vince Li did. Just pure disrespect.
carrie-edmonton

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

No...they should not be shot( The Westboro Baptists)....they should HANG THEIR HEADS IN SHAME ( at the funeral and to God)... and wait for the homosexuals to walk down the row and behead them and send their heads back to Topeka...on a GREYHOUND....but, homosexuals don't normally have that nature in them..I know plenty of them( good friends too!)...even though I am NOT one.STILL..they are not bible thumping hyocripts or murderous freaks like Vince Li...(who by the way lived a few streets from me)...and these cruel statements towards Canada and Tim's friends/family is beyond anything. Tim did not die because God was punishing our nation cause we approved of homosexuals...so, get it straight you backwards bible thumping Baptists...and check yourselves in the mirror. I'm betting you are finding yourselves pretty ugly about now.

“Yes, you can die of stupidity.”

Since: Nov 07

Huntington Station

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

Judged:

It should be fitting that, like many parents of fallen soldiers across America, these people should lose everything that matters to them.

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

Judged:

With their inbreeding I can only imagine what the next generation of Westboro spawn will be like in comparison. lol

“HERE TO STAY”

Since: Jul 07

"AXIDENTS" WILL HAPPEN!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2008

Judged:

TO BEGIN WITH,, THIS IS NOT A "CHURCH"... ITS AN INSANE ASSYLUM OF BIBLICAL BUBBLEHEADED FUCKTARDS.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 25
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Topeka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deborah Henderson and Kynan Dutton, welfare par... 7 hr Me_myself_ and_I 2
KS Kansas Voting Disqualification Amendment - Ment... (Oct '10) 10 hr Erdic clary 201
Looking for my grandson (Jan '11) Aug 15 wow 7
Who do you favor in the Kansas governor's race? Aug 7 Curmudgeon 175
KS Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutio... (Oct '10) Aug 7 Brownback Mountain 6,001
papa joe Aug 6 just wondering 1
How Many Of Squirrely Shirley's Kids Have The S... Aug 5 Thank God For Dea... 1

Search the Topeka Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Topeka Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Topeka People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE