OT's Safe Haven
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“"Perception IS reality"”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#2 Nov 26, 2012
Well, cluck, cluck what a good idea Mrs. Hen! We can share stories over coffee just as easily here as "there." Got any ready? I stayed up too late last night with the story my boyfriend was telling me. Oh, by the way his name is Netflix and I never tire of his stories. hee

Observer was right. For sure it's Moanday around the farm today. Someone please remind me what my motivation is for the day. Maybe I'll cruise around our new town and wave at a few of the locals.

Zoot! Zoot! for being the smart one in the bunch Red.

“Cluck Cluck”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#3 Nov 26, 2012
I'm so glad your here Farm!

I just got in from taking care of all the animals. I'm not ready for the hogs that the hubby plans to bring in a few weeks! Ugh! just a couple more mouths to feed!!

Going to pick up our beef this weekend. I will be so happy to see the freezer full! We have about 120 chicks left that we will butcher in Feb. We are splitting them with our neighbors. Their boys help me take care of them during the week. They help me out while the hubby is gone! Not that I can't do it all my self of course but a little help is nice!

I got some goat burger this past weekend from my friends. I haven't tried it yet. They say its better than beef!? I will let you know.

Have a good day all!

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#4 Nov 26, 2012
Great idea Red Hen. Hello Farm Girl.
I don't know if I could eat goat burger or not. Now don't tell me it tastes like chicken!!!!! lol lol
Now Farm Girl has a good boyfriend because he doesn't talk back just plays movies lol lol.
My boyfriend just eats and doesn't talk much lol. Just kidding.
Now I can drink some herbal tea and kick back.
My aunt has been visiting me this morning and we went out to eat then off she flew back home to get some of her chores done.
I wished I lived in the country Red Hen. I think I am working my way back to living in the country hopefully within a year or so.
Take care and talk to you later.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#5 Nov 26, 2012
I forgot Lady River will be home tonight she is out of the state at a doctor. Just got off the phone with her. Sgt. may join us too later

“Stand at Attention Soldier”

Since: Sep 09

Connersville, Indiana

#6 Nov 26, 2012
O.K. girls. I'm here. Let's play nice

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#7 Nov 26, 2012
Sgt Snorkel wrote:
Well good for you big guy lol. Welcome

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#8 Nov 26, 2012
Sgt Snorkel wrote:
Ah did you bring your tank and all your kids with you?? Sit down and have some coffee and chat a while

“Cluck Cluck”

Location hidden

#9 Nov 26, 2012
I'm so glad everyone has traveled this far with me. You know we gotta stick together!! Boy I hope those summer storms don't blow us away to the Land of Oz!!

Boy its cooling down tonight! I went to the bank earlier and didn't put a coat on, I figured my sweatshirt would do, but its was freezing by the time I got home.

My little Bantee hen has started laying eggs. They are so tiny, littler than a cadbury egg. They are so cute.

I didn't get my feed bought today. Gotta get up bright and early with the firs rooster crow to go get their grub!

I think I will make a pot of coffee and just relax tonight. I want to finish getting my tree up. I had to go get more lights today because half mine were burnt out. Its a prelit tree so I have to fix them in there somehow. If the hubby had his way it wouldn't be up til the 24th and then come back down the next day! What a scroug!!!

Talk to you all later!

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#10 Nov 26, 2012
The Red Hen wrote:
I'm so glad everyone has traveled this far with me. You know we gotta stick together!! Boy I hope those summer storms don't blow us away to the Land of Oz!!
Boy its cooling down tonight! I went to the bank earlier and didn't put a coat on, I figured my sweatshirt would do, but its was freezing by the time I got home.
My little Bantee hen has started laying eggs. They are so tiny, littler than a cadbury egg. They are so cute.
I didn't get my feed bought today. Gotta get up bright and early with the firs rooster crow to go get their grub!
I think I will make a pot of coffee and just relax tonight. I want to finish getting my tree up. I had to go get more lights today because half mine were burnt out. Its a prelit tree so I have to fix them in there somehow. If the hubby had his way it wouldn't be up til the 24th and then come back down the next day! What a scroug!!!
Talk to you all later!
I am having a hard time getting the Mr. to get the stuff ready for decorating. I usually have mine up right after Thanksgiving but not this year.
I bet those little eggs are so cute. My mom and dad had little chicks when we were little. I remember feeding them but that is about all. They were so cute then something got into them and killed them all. My mother-in-law had geese and ducks and they used to chase my kids around and peck at them. It was so funny to watch those kids run all over with the ducks chasing them.
I have never raised anything but a garden after I got married . No animals except my babies my dogs lol They are just like my kids to me lol.

Location hidden

#11 Nov 26, 2012
Goat burgers??? I've never heard of that but good goat cheese and I'll pull up a chair at the table real quick for that! I grew up on a slaughter farm of hogs and cattle and haven't eaten many four legged animals since that time. I'll stick with the fowl and fish of the world but you must let us know how goat tastes.(Too funny Indy that you've never raised anything but a garden. I know what you're saying but it sounded funny and psst, don't forget those kids raised by you after marriage. hee)

Since no one found my motivation for the day I'm calling an end to it. I'll leave the light on and the coffee set up but ugh I have to deal with mass transit again tomorrow.

Here's a shout out to Topeka. Come join us and tell us about your wonderful Selves. We're new to this area.

Night all!

Location hidden

#12 Nov 26, 2012
Oh, and a special night-night to papa.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#13 Nov 26, 2012
Farm Girl - Original wrote:
Goat burgers??? I've never heard of that but good goat cheese and I'll pull up a chair at the table real quick for that! I grew up on a slaughter farm of hogs and cattle and haven't eaten many four legged animals since that time. I'll stick with the fowl and fish of the world but you must let us know how goat tastes.(Too funny Indy that you've never raised anything but a garden. I know what you're saying but it sounded funny and psst, don't forget those kids raised by you after marriage. hee)
Since no one found my motivation for the day I'm calling an end to it. I'll leave the light on and the coffee set up but ugh I have to deal with mass transit again tomorrow.
Here's a shout out to Topeka. Come join us and tell us about your wonderful Selves. We're new to this area.
Night all!
Dang Farm Girl I was trying to forget about the kids lol lol. and the grand kids lol lol. My doggies don't talk back. They just chew up my couch and other things until they get about 1 year old and the kids tore up everything for 17 years. I can handle the one year tearing up things lol.

Well see you when you get back Farm Girl. Have a safe one.

Good night everyone sleep tight.

“Power to the people”

Since: Jul 10

Once was Top Secret

#14 Nov 27, 2012
Good morning everyone. I hope you slept well.

“Live, Love, Laugh”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#15 Nov 27, 2012
Good morning Topeka, Kansas. I've never been to Kansas but I have to say, I'm liking what I see.
Red Hen I knew there was something very special about you. Home is where the heart is and I'm so happy to see my friends here. Now I can read all about your farming which is all new to me. I did live in the country for almost 10 years with my late husband. His family had a cow named Hector. When the in-laws had him slaughtered they made Hector-burgers. Yes poor Hector was fine dining on many Sunday afternoons. I personally could not eat him as I felt I knew him personally. lol
Farmgirl, I'm so with you on the goat cheese. It's my favorite Mexican food. MMM good.
CA long time no read. I hope you and your family had a nice Thanksgiving. I read where you had it early due to your work schedule. I pigged out this Thanksgiving like no other. There is nothing like sitting down with family and friends and breaking bread together.
Indy I got tea I can make a cup special for you.
As for our cute lil Sgt. Snorkel, the coffee is hot. Just help yourself.
Oh and Farmgirl, I don't know how to say this but I'll just have to spit it out. Your man "Netflex" and I have a little something something going on the side. Shhhh, don't tell my husband.(wink)

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#16 Nov 27, 2012
Good morning everyone. My first one cancelled so awaiting the next so thought I would pop in for a little chat.
Milee I am so glad to see you here. I know you have been very busy looking.
I am so glad I don't use Netflex because geez 3 is a crowd when it comes to movie boyfriends Lol Think I will sneak off with Sam Elliot while you and Farm are watching Netflex. lol

Lady River will be on here soon but White Rain was rushed to the hospital again and I still don't know what the reason is. Lady River will for sure let us know today. She could be on her way here as I speak. I do not think this is a good visit for White Rain. Please pray for her. I am just not sure what until I talk to Lady River or until she posts on here. Pray for them both please.
Well I have to get busy here in a few so will stop in later.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#17 Nov 27, 2012
Concerned_American wrote:
Good morning everyone. I hope you slept well.
Slept good last night. No stress helped lol
I am so glad you stopped in today and I already miss the other posts we were on. Take care and get back here soon

“Cluck Cluck”

Location hidden

#18 Nov 27, 2012
Good Afternoon All!! I've been a busy bee so far today. When I went to the barn to feed the little chicks about 30 had gotten out and were running wild all over the place. I finally got them wrangled back into their stall. Those little guys are fast!

It sure got cold last night. Didn't see any of the snow they said we might get. Kinda sad about that. I'd like it to snow one good time then change instantly into summer so I can work in the garden.

I got a bow with sleigh bells today and put it on the mailbox. I'm sure the mailman will just love it by the time I take it off! lol

I'm glad to see you have traveled to join us Milee. I hope you had a good trip down.

Well, gotta get busy. Coffe is still on and there are some danish on the counter. Indy, there is tea in the cabinet.

See y'all tonight! Prayers and Hugs to WR

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#19 Nov 27, 2012
Gosh Red Hen you sure got your exercise for the day chasing those chicks. I would have caught 2 and been ready for a nap. Now maybe when I was younger I would have given a good chase but not now lol.
Thanks for the tea and danish.
Milee I forgot to thank you for the tea too. I have had so much tea that I have been running to you know where all morning lol.
Milee I know I told this story before but when we were little we each raised a calf and then mom and dad butchered. My little sister named her calf Pepe. One night at the supper table my sister asked mom " mommy is that Pepe's eyes" that's all it took for my mom couldn't eat anymore that night lol lol. I don't know why that incident sticks in my mind but every time I think about it I start laughing out loud.
Everyone have a good day
I am making homemade vegetable soup today so got to get downstairs and check on the soup.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#20 Nov 27, 2012
Well I finally made it. Had to find that happy witch in the broom factory--let me borrow her broom. LOL!

So glad to see all the flowers and the tank in the yard.

Red --what ever you do--don't let your crazy uncles help butcher the chickens--they like to throw the birds and watch them chase your little kids around. And then they think it is funny everytime you see a bird and you duck when it gets close to you. And that has been some 45 yrs ago.
True story!!

Sgt. you and the kiddies have new territory to explore and give us all a ride in the tank.

Later my friends,
:)

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Location hidden

#21 Nov 27, 2012
Black Cat 1 wrote:
Well I finally made it. Had to find that happy witch in the broom factory--let me borrow her broom. LOL!
So glad to see all the flowers and the tank in the yard.
Red --what ever you do--don't let your crazy uncles help butcher the chickens--they like to throw the birds and watch them chase your little kids around. And then they think it is funny everytime you see a bird and you duck when it gets close to you. And that has been some 45 yrs ago.
True story!!
Sgt. you and the kiddies have new territory to explore and give us all a ride in the tank.
Later my friends,
:)
Good seeing you Black Cat.
Did that happen to you Black Cat? Was that you moms brothers ? lol lol lol. I remember my neighbors would do that and those chickens would run around all over the place for a while. You know my sister--- she got so scared when they did that. lol I guess the first time I saw that I was a little upset myself . I was probably about 8 years old then .

Take care and tell Mr. Black Cat I said hey.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topeka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
topeka gangs out of control (May '12) 5 hr Darryl 126
Gram of tar (Dec '14) Jan 27 Larry Genitals 5
News Hispanic groups rally in Topeka (Mar '06) Jan 26 Small Towner in OK 92
Add a word, drop a word game (Apr '16) Jan 23 Princess Hey 258
Police Shootings (Sep '16) Jan 22 DeDominicis 3
Looking for steve ritenour? Ne info helps Jan '18 cntryrebel35 1
Dean Ivey Warning Jan '18 Youve been warned 1

Topeka Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance