Honey Boo Boo has hometown fans and c...

Honey Boo Boo has hometown fans and critics

There are 44 comments on the KFVS12 story from Sep 12, 2012, titled Honey Boo Boo has hometown fans and critics. In it, KFVS12 reports that:

The reality show "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" has been a ratings winner in recent weeks, capitalizing on redneck stereotypes and the oversized personality of a 6-year-old beauty pageant regular.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFVS12.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Southern Values

United States

#1 Sep 12, 2012
I am ashamed,sickened by this family. I think the state of Georgia needs to have a Child protective services step in. The morals this mother has toward her children. This is not southern northern nothing but a failed parenting skills. The fact TLC wants rating & that means money. But the boot of it is they r making fun of this family that continues to give bad images of how southern people live. That is not true. I was raised to be kind caring and have good southern moral christian values. These r uneducated people. I feel sorry they acted stupid for money.But in the longrun it willfollow this family forever! The city is on the map being alot of idiots! This little girl is not pageant material, shes just a plain jane little girl with the wrong attitute thanks to her parents.
Hank Jr Jr

United States

#2 Sep 12, 2012
They make those little girls look good
Not jones

Clemmons, NC

#3 Sep 13, 2012
I love this show, for once a reality show that's not fake. I would much rather watch, a stay at home mom and a working dad. Guess your speed is more like New York housing wives! Fake! Get off your high horse.
david the lion tamer

Chesapeake, OH

#4 Sep 14, 2012
Hank Jr Jr wrote:
They make those little girls look good
I agree, when someone assumes that all ppl from the south are redneck idiots its because of shows like this one.the latest show about Sketti, made me sick.who would really eat that mess?and who says I am 17, pregnant ,but I don't know if I peed on myself.really are these girls delayed in some way?If so I hope they get help.this little girl is just a child being encouraged to be obnoxious.When ppl tire of making fun of her and the family,she won't know why she dosn't get attention anymore.I wonder does she go to school?She is 6 ,why don't they ever show that?I really hope she is not mistreated.
Mirror

Lawndale, NC

#5 Sep 18, 2012
Southern Values wrote:
I am ashamed,sickened by this family. I think the state of Georgia needs to have a Child protective services step in. The morals this mother has toward her children. This is not southern northern nothing but a failed parenting skills. The fact TLC wants rating & that means money. But the boot of it is they r making fun of this family that continues to give bad images of how southern people live. That is not true. I was raised to be kind caring and have good southern moral christian values. These r uneducated people. I feel sorry they acted stupid for money.But in the longrun it willfollow this family forever! The city is on the map being alot of idiots! This little girl is not pageant material, shes just a plain jane little girl with the wrong attitute thanks to her parents.
Please, sounds like your parents boosted your ego way to much! I know lots of educated people who act just like this family! Your an evil person, talking about this little girl, shame on you! I guess you teach your children to look down on other "christain" not!
Mirror

Lawndale, NC

#6 Sep 18, 2012
Not jones wrote:
I love this show, for once a reality show that's not fake. I would much rather watch, a stay at home mom and a working dad. Guess your speed is more like New York housing wives! Fake! Get off your high horse.
I agree! Well said! This family is happy and that's all that matters!
Wow

Lawndale, NC

#7 Sep 18, 2012
david the lion tamer wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, when someone assumes that all ppl from the south are redneck idiots its because of shows like this one.the latest show about Sketti, made me sick.who would really eat that mess?and who says I am 17, pregnant ,but I don't know if I peed on myself.really are these girls delayed in some way?If so I hope they get help.this little girl is just a child being encouraged to be obnoxious.When ppl tire of making fun of her and the family,she won't know why she dosn't get attention anymore.I wonder does she go to school?She is 6 ,why don't they ever show that?I really hope she is not mistreated.
Well looks who's calling the kettle black! Delayed? Look that word up! Read your comment, your grammar sucks! Did you go to school or are you delayed Hahahaha
simply put

Chesapeake, OH

#8 Sep 19, 2012
well, well, if it aint the grammer police on topixs.I can't help it if this family acts this way.Com e on folks, a 17 year old who dosn't know she peed her pants?
Wow

Charlotte, NC

#9 Sep 19, 2012
simply put wrote:
well, well, if it aint the grammer police on topixs.I can't help it if this family acts this way.Com e on folks, a 17 year old who dosn't know she peed her pants?
Get a life, try reading for a change! She did know, it's called being pregnant! I'm sure they clean the mess up. But hey I don't care it's not my house! I'm sure your computer or phone has grammar check try and use it!
Sandi

Winchester, KY

#10 Sep 19, 2012
Love them
!!
&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player
junes nephew

Winchester, KY

#11 Sep 19, 2012
This is June's nephew chris. Chris will be playing on the Show mext Month ...)
&feature=youtube_gdata_pla yer
[email protected]
simply put

Chesapeake, OH

#12 Sep 20, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text> Get a life, try reading for a change! She did know, it's called being pregnant! I'm sure they clean the mess up. But hey I don't care it's not my house! I'm sure your computer or phone has grammar check try and use it!
I'm sure they clean the mess up?who"s grammar is lacking now?but hey?something missing there?well, well, its all just to fun to mess with some folks.
simply put

Chesapeake, OH

#13 Sep 20, 2012
junes nephew wrote:
This is June's nephew chris. Chris will be playing on the Show mext Month ...)http://www.youtube.com/wat ch?v=B7yBULOK2X8XX&feature =youtube_gdata_player
[email protected]
ok I watched a few seconds of it, not impressed.
simply put

Chesapeake, OH

#14 Sep 20, 2012
well, I put on the other post,I have a change of heart.These people are just who they are.I still feel rally sorry for Alana when she cries at pagents.She is sweet and thats enough.she lost her pet,I understand why,But, she was sobbing and it hurt me for her.I hope she grows up to be anything she wants to be.
junes nephew

Winchester, KY

#15 Sep 20, 2012
simply put wrote:
<quoted text>ok I watched a few seconds of it, not impressed.
. Lol " Can you sing , write & play ? I highly doubt it ! Lol your to funny ! Who cares what you think ! Lol
Wow

United States

#16 Sep 20, 2012
simply put wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure they clean the mess up?who"s grammar is lacking now?but hey?something missing there?well, well, its all just to fun to mess with some folks.
Your lonely, I feel sorry for you. Maybe just maybe if you try to be nice you too will find happiness! Remember when you start a new sentence you must capitalize the first word HONEY! Hehe
Wow

United States

#17 Sep 20, 2012
simply put wrote:
well, I put on the other post,I have a change of heart.These people are just who they are.I still feel rally sorry for Alana when she cries at pagents.She is sweet and thats enough.she lost her pet,I understand why,But, she was sobbing and it hurt me for her.I hope she grows up to be anything she wants to be.
I'm proud of you!
For real

Oak Ridge, TN

#18 Sep 21, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text> I'm proud of you!
Mama June is laughing all the way to the bank. You better believe that.
butter my biscuit

Paducah, KY

#19 Sep 21, 2012
just wondering if the family gets food stamps and medicaid? I know that June and Shuggy are not married and healthcare for 6 ppl would be pretty expensive.
simply put

Chesapeake, OH

#20 Sep 21, 2012
now come on, she is on tv don't you think she gets paid?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toomsboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: LA Fete (Jun '11) Apr 14 John 6
News Toomsboro woman charged with taking money, not ... (Aug '09) Mar 29 Stop45 3
News Alana 'Honey Boo Boo' Thompson is seen smiling ... (Oct '14) Mar 24 love the boo 3
Krystal Dec '16 Catapult 1
Respirtory Therapist Jeremy Sisk Dec '16 LISA 1
bus driver at Georgia Military College Nov '16 justagirl 1
Grandmother (Oct '16) Oct '16 Allan Melvin 4

Toomsboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Toomsboro Mortgages