John Jones Memorial and Donation Fund...

John Jones Memorial and Donation Fund Info

There are 6 comments on the Fox13Now story from Nov 27, 2009, titled John Jones Memorial and Donation Fund Info. In it, Fox13Now reports that:

John Jones Memorial Location: Saturday, November 28th 11AM Stansbury Park Stake Center, 417 East Benson Road in Stansbury Park Emily Jones Memorial Fund Location: Wells Fargo Bank or Universal Campus Credit Union

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox13Now.

Rick Brinkman NSS42385

Box Elder, MT

#1 Nov 27, 2009
My thoughts and prayers are with your family.
rabbit

Ferron, UT

#2 Nov 28, 2009
You are LDS andf I hope you were sealedin the Temple. If you were you know yu can be an eternal family. If not you have a year to make the didision to take your children to the Taemple and have that done. I prayed all night that God would protect John so you would truly have a Thanksgiving Day to celebrate. He knew wht was best. I guess He did not want John to suffer a lot. I will continue to pray that od will smile on you and your children and bless you forever.
Lon and Carrie Henderson

Orem, UT

#3 Nov 28, 2009
Brother and Sister Jones,

We, like the rest of the world, have been touched with the story of John and your family. Our heart is extended to you both. What an eternal blessing to have an understanding of the sealing power through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We remember well as your little family was identified by the Green Valley 1st Ward to personify the perfect family for the ward. The challenge that came from Bishop Stewart is still vivid in our minds as we worked to pattern our family after yours.

We consider ourselves blessed to witness how faith in the Lord Jesus Christ has allowed you to successfully navigate through this difficult time. Please know that we send our blessings, prayers, and collective faith to hopefully in some way aid you, your children, and especially John’s wife and daughter through this time.

From Lon, Carrie, Jesika, Elizabeth, Michael, Taylor, Kurt, and Sarah, we send our love.

Most Sincerely,

The Lon & Carrie Henderson Family
Jones Family

San Francisco, CA

#5 Dec 3, 2009
Thank you for all the kind words of support to our family during this hard time. We wanted to let everyone know of a website the family has established in John's memory, where we welcome anyone and everyone to post stories, pictures, and condolences regarding John: www.johnjonesmemorial.com .

We hope to gather as many stories and pictures at the website as possible, so that Emily (John's wife) will have them to share with their children when they are older. Also, in lieu of flowers, the family also asks that those who knew John please consider making a donation to the memorial funds that have been established for John's young family. This can most easily be done via the link on the www.johnjonesmemorial.com website, or by visiting or calling any branch of Wells Fargo Bank, Zions National Bank, or Utah Community Credit Union.
Kathy

Morehead City, NC

#6 May 23, 2012
I know it has been years, and this tragic event has bothered me for years. I think the problem is that i could not come to terms in my mind why it happened. What was I missing in understanding the whole thing? I am a Christian also. Also in the medical profession. I have children. From everything I have read about young Mr Jones, he was a kind , intelligent young man with a devout faith. How am i supposed to understand this? People on the forums have said " Well he was being very careless and not using good judgement". That BOTHERS me. Why? Because I dont believe it. In fact, I believe just the opposite. I believe he used the VERY BEST judgement. He had not been caving in years. I made an analogy in my mind. I grew up near the ocean so I did a lot of swimming. But, what if I move away and havent swam in years? I come back to visit and I get in the pool, but I stay on the kiddie and 4 ft side. I want to have fun but I must be careful too. No way will I be expecting to run into a situation thats over my head on the kiddie side. JOHN JONES WAS IN A KIDDIE CAVE! At least he thought so. It was advertised as beginner to intermediate. Boy Scouts were in and out of these holes in this cave all the time. Yes, he was in an unmapped portion, but its a KIDDIE CAVE. He was not being careless at all. He did NOT deserve what he got. He was not expecting in his wildest dreams that any part of this cave would be like this. I believe John Jones was using good judgement. John Jones told one of the rescuers "I dont want to be on my head". And the rescuer said "well John why are you on your head?" John Replied" why did they put me on my head?" I believe he was asking, in reality, why such a dangerous spot was in this cave. Let me say this. I will be terribly offended if I ever hear anyone else say that John Jones used bad judgement. HE DID NOT.
Kathy

Morehead City, NC

#7 May 23, 2012
And I forgot to add that his family have always been in my prayers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tooele Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Honry Oct 18 Whoerey669 2
Volunteer in Tooele May '17 kschaefer 1
Am here seeking a serious long term relationship May '17 Paul 1
Home Wreckers!!! (Mar '17) Mar '17 Scorned WIFE 1
Room for Rent - ISO Female Roommate (Mar '17) Mar '17 EmilT 1
Girls that are horny (Jan '16) Jan '16 Blakestadulis 1
News Tooele banker took $43K from elderly woman's ac... (Dec '15) Dec '15 MizzLezlee 1

Tooele Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tooele Mortgages