Reid helps resurrect closed Goldfield...

Reid helps resurrect closed Goldfield radio station

There are 1 comment on the Pahrump Valley Times story from Feb 2, 2007, titled Reid helps resurrect closed Goldfield radio station. In it, Pahrump Valley Times reports that:

Chalk one up for the little guy in a battle against the federal bureaucracy. Rod Moses, owner of Radio Goldfield Broadcast Inc., was given special temporary authority to go back on the air with his low-power ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pahrump Valley Times.

Rod Douglas

AOL

#1 Feb 6, 2007
I've been an advocate for increasing the power of
part 15 unlicensed AM and FM transmitters in order to provide adequate coverage for small communities without
service. Also there are stations that are licensed to nearby counties or suburban areas close to big
cities that receive no local news or public affairs coverage. I propose an increase on AM from
100 mw to a minimum of 1 watt to a maximum of 10 watts with an increase of antenna length from 3 meters to 15 meters. For FM I propose an increase
from 25 mw to a minimum of 1 watt and a maximum of 10 watts with 3 to 6 meters of antenna length.
This would solve the problem and it would keep
the government out of it with their expensive fees
and bureaucratic regulations. This would also
allow for stations to exist by the selling of advertising.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tonopah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tonopah Music Emporium (Oct '12) Jan '16 Musikologist 13
Darms Mining co (May '15) May '15 myvwpt1 1
News Once-rich Delamar now crumbling ghost town (May '15) May '15 Compass points 1
Affectionate male and female Teacup Yorkie Pupp... (Nov '12) May '15 lorus 3
News Friends & Nieghbors: Here's the rub (May '08) Nov '14 Laurie 4
Hi-Tech military weapons stolen from base and s... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Reno NV 1
News Irish company optimistic about oil discovery (Dec '12) Sep '14 SallySam 2

Tonopah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tonopah Mortgages