corrupt police department?

Posted in the Tonopah Forum

Jeri Case

Holyoke, MA

#1 Aug 29, 2012
A friend of mine's son who just served 4 years in the military in the Mideast has been in the Goldfield, Nevada jail since Sunday night because he was found to have had 1/2 ounce of marijuana in his car. He is being charged with 2 felonies - distribution and crossing state lines.

He was on his way to a music concert with a friend when the police stopped them because they said they smelled marijuana. They searched the car and found 1/2 ounce.

There are 9 other young men in the jail (the only prisoners) and they all had the same experience. Their cars are being held for $100/ day until they go to court which could be months from now.

They will have spent 4 nights in jail when they are arraigned tomorrow. Is this how the town of Goldfield operates?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tonopah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael Burnaroos (Feb '09) Apr 7 EarthAngel 44
Tonopah Music Emporium (Oct '12) Jan '15 Musikologist 11
News Friends & Nieghbors: Here's the rub (May '08) Nov '14 Laurie 4
Hi-Tech military weapons stolen from base and s... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Reno NV 1
News Irish company optimistic about oil discovery (Dec '12) Sep '14 SallySam 2
News Silver State Mainline hits the road following r... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Joe 1
News Tension growing between ranchers, mustang backers (Apr '14) Apr '14 Big Jake 3
More from around the web

Tonopah People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]