Nye Co. teen held in rifle slaying of girl

PAHRUMP, Nev. -- A 15-year-old boy has been jailed and could face adult criminal charges for shooting and killing an 18-year-old Nye County woman while handling a rifle at a Nye County home, police said. Full Story
wheels460

Pahrump, NV

#41 Aug 25, 2008
When will the Nye County sheriffs office get off their collective butts and start doing something about this murder. That crispy critter provenza kid was involved in this murder but alas huge sums of money are involved. How many crimes can "crispy" commit before his parents can no longer keep him out of jail??
Erica_Benet

Pahrump, NV

#42 Sep 3, 2008
The 'boy' is now of age and Joesph Provenza is now an adult wreking havoc on Pahrump, selling drugs, getting into violent altercations and kidnapping his underage girlfriend, pulling guns on people. BEWARE
Rachelle Driggers

United States

#43 Sep 5, 2008
I went to school in pahrump, I new alot of kids that were killed by weapons such as guns! It is sooooo sad, that ncso wont do that much about it. So for all the kids that have been killed by guns. R.I.P.!!!
Rachelle Driggers

United States

#44 Sep 5, 2008
a Provenza again? wasnt he involved in the murder of Ronya?!
Yearight

Saint Paul, MN

#45 Jul 4, 2009
Suzanne wrote:
<quoted text>
The girl shot and killed was my niece. She was beautiful both inside and out. For you to ask "did you see it happen" or "do you have kids" is irrelevant and sickening. A 15 year old knows better not to pick up a gun, point it at someone's head and pull the trigger. Shame on the parents of this killer and the parents of the boy who owned the gun.
The girl wasn't your niece. This shooting happened in my cousins house. This kid went into my Uncles house, took one of his guns, and shot the girl. It had nothing to do with the people who owned the gun. You don't know, and she isn't your niece. Don't lie on the internet because you think you won't get called out.
tiny

Fremont, CA

#46 Nov 2, 2009
Yearight wrote:
<quoted text>
The girl wasn't your niece. This shooting happened in my cousins house. This kid went into my Uncles house, took one of his guns, and shot the girl. It had nothing to do with the people who owned the gun. You don't know, and she isn't your niece. Don't lie on the internet because you think you won't get called out.
Ok, Im ignoring the part about the girl being the posters aunt, because there is no proof. But the other part of her post is still correct. She is shaming your "Uncle" who owns a gun and is unbelievably irresponsible to allow others to access it. Your post also claims that it was accessible to not only other residents (your cousin) but to anyone else who was in the house? Now, can we say the owner of the gun was responsible for the entire murder? or that he wanted what transpired to occur? Of course not. But...The Uncle left minors alone in a household that contained ammo and a gun. If you can not be there, you better be damn sure that it is locked somewhere safe. So yes, shame on those who own guns and yet do not take the necessary precautions to insure only the owner can access it!!! He allowed the situation to happen. May not have pulled the trigger, but he was there to open the door, and inveterately allow a young girl to die. I hope to God your Uncle feels remorse for the tiny part he played in the murder. Shame on him.

Since: Oct 08

Black Squirrel City

#47 Nov 2, 2009
Bull crap its the stores fault for selling the uncle the ammo to take home and have some little ass hole get into things that don't belong to him. "He allowed it to happen"???? Your tiny alright, in the brain! This is how you would sue 1. The gun maker 2The ammo maker 3. The store that sold the gun and ammo. 4 The clerk that sold the gun 5. The man that bought the gun. I'm sure you can think of more, but you get my point. "He allowed it to happen" I can not believe you think that.
dlf pahrump

Clive, IA

#48 Nov 6, 2009
the sheriff, tony demeo, is drunk on power. a cheap date! the nye co district attorney is just plain drunk!! i recommend a wrongful death suit. contact tom gibson (currently the nye county public defender and he would be fantastic district attorney) for his referral of a competent attorney. nancy lord? i no longer live in pahrump so i can't help you vote out these obviously incompetent individuals. i feel bad for the family of the victim, this tragety just came to my attention.

Since: Jun 08

Englewood, CO

#49 Nov 6, 2009
dlf pahrump wrote:
the sheriff, tony demeo, is drunk on power. a cheap date! the nye co district attorney is just plain drunk!! i recommend a wrongful death suit. contact tom gibson (currently the nye county public defender and he would be fantastic district attorney) for his referral of a competent attorney. nancy lord? i no longer live in pahrump so i can't help you vote out these obviously incompetent individuals. i feel bad for the family of the victim, this tragety just came to my attention.
I would like everyone who knew and loved her and love her family, too remember her, please visit her myspace pages and feel free to leave your thoughts

http://www.myspace.com/qutob
http://www.myspace.com/ripronya

These pages will also give those who don't know much a little more insight.

I Love You, Ronya...and miss you so
Kelly, Kevin, and Sara...I Love You too
dlf pahrump

Clive, IA

#50 Nov 7, 2009
i misspelled tragedy-mia culpa best dlf
KELLY RONYAS MOTHER

Las Vegas, NV

#51 Dec 29, 2009
Yearight wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU ARE AN ASS; LIKE THE REST OF THE PEOPLE IN YOUR "FAMILY" WHO KEEP TRYING TO KEEP THEIR SNOTTY NOSES CLEAN REGARDING THE MURDER; AND YES I MEAN MURDER OF MY DAUGHTER. JOEY PROVENZA WAS STALKING RONYA SINCE THE NIGHT HE RAN INTO HER AT A GAS STATION ON HER GRADUATION. HE WAS GETTING REALLY ANNOYING TO HER; AND SHE FINALLY TOLD HIM OFF ON THE WEDNESDAY BEFORE SHE DIED. THAT WEDNESDAY HIS MANY CALLS TO HER CELL PHONE CEASED ABRUPTLY. THAT FRIDAY HE CALLED HER SEVERAL TIMES, TO TELL HER HER BOYFRIEND WAS AT HIS HOUSE AND WANTED TO SEE HER. THAT WAS A LIE. HE SENT HER KILLER TO OUR HOME TO PICK HER UP AND TRANSPORT HER TO HIS HOUSE, HER CAR WAS IN THE SHOP, SHE DIED FROM A BULLET SHOT FROM A 9MM RIFLE FROM 12 INCHES AWAY RIGHT INTO HER EYE SOCKET, WHILE SITTING ON JOEY PROVENZAS BED. JOEY PROVENZA; MICHAEL PROVENZA; AND EVERY OTHER PERSON IN THE PROVENZA FAMILY HAVE BEEN CAUGHT OUT IN LIES EVERY TIME THEY OPEN THEIR MOUTHS ABOUT THIS... JUST LIKE THEY LIED IN HIS MOTORCYCLE INJURY CASE AND WERE CAUGHT TAMPERING WITH EVIDENCE. THEY ARE ALL A PACK OF LIARS; AND HOW ABOUT UNCLE HENRY NETH; NOW RECENTLY ARRESTED FOR INVESTMENT FRAUD; AND THAT DOESN'T BEGIN TO TOUCH ON JOEY'S RECENT STREAM OF CRIMES... KIDNAPPING; ATTEMPTED MURDER OF ANOTHER GIRL; DRUG TRAFFICKING; ETC.... SO JUST GET OFF YOUR HORSE AND QUIT TRYING TO PULL THE WOOL OVER PEOPLE'S EYES... YOUR WHOLE FAMILY APPEARS TO BE A PACK OF DOWNRIGHT DIRTY LIARS, ON TOP OF EVERYTHING ELSE YOU ALL GET UP TO. YOU WON'T BE GETTING AWAY WITH IT FOR MUCH LONGER; PEOPLE ARE FINALLY GETTING WISE... AND BY THE WAY SUZANNE IS RONYA'S AUNT; AND SHE IS ONE OF THE MOST HONEST AND DECENT PEOPLE ANYONE COULD EVER MEET... HOW DARE YOU OF ALL PEOPLE CALL ER A LIAR! SCUMBAG.
KELLY RONYAS MOTHER

Las Vegas, NV

#52 Dec 29, 2009
InColdBlood wrote:
Bull crap its the stores fault for selling the uncle the ammo to take home and have some little ass hole get into things that don't belong to him. "He allowed it to happen"???? Your tiny alright, in the brain! This is how you would sue 1. The gun maker 2The ammo maker 3. The store that sold the gun and ammo. 4 The clerk that sold the gun 5. The man that bought the gun. I'm sure you can think of more, but you get my point. "He allowed it to happen" I can not believe you think that.
Actually; the truth of the matter is HE SET IT UP TO HAPPEN. Ronya was murdered. Plain and simple. The investigation; by HIRED PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS because the Nye County Sherriff's Department is either incompetent or crooked; is still ongoing, but the Provenza's told many lies; Joey was stalking Ronya and inticed her to his house on false pretenses that day. He lied to police and everyone else regarding his wherabouts when she was murdered; as did his father. And I for one; as the mother who had to read my dead daughter's autopsy report and the gory details of what that bullet did to her brain after it entered her eye from less than 12 inches away... I DO BLAME THE OWNERS OF THAT GUN FOR HER DEATH. Plain and simple... do you continue to have a problem with that? And the reason you are so concerned with protecting the HONOR of these people is?????????
in cold blood

Clive, IA

#53 Jan 3, 2010
look everybody. I can stick my head up my own ass!v0te bobby for D. A.

Since: Jun 08

Englewood, CO

#54 Jan 4, 2010
If you would open up your eyes, ears and your mind,
you would be on Kelly and Kevins side....not the crooked D.A.'s side.
in cold blood

Clive, IA

#55 Jan 4, 2010
Bob Beckett is a disgusting human being!!!! I wrote to Eric Holder- The United Ststes Attorney' General' Now let's write to the Justice dept. These worms must all go down!!!
Sura24

Pahrump, NV

#56 Jan 4, 2010
Why do these "types" always come up with conspiracy theories as to why things happen? Where the hell were this girls parents anyway? Letting her hang around with thugs who play with guns? Nuts..

I don't know anyone involved here.. but this is starting to sound like some X Files script now.

This is starting to sound more like a political campaign and less like an investigation of an accident or murder.

Good God people.. get a grip.
in cold blood

Clive, IA

#57 Jan 5, 2010
sara 24 wants to blame the victim. idiot. If you have a logical explanation let us hear it. This was clearly a murder. Maybe that's O.K.in your book. I Will Not rest until there is some semblance of an investigation
Sura24

Pahrump, NV

#58 Jan 5, 2010
Nope, not that easy but nice try. You fail to realize that not everyone in Pahrump is an uneducated hillbilly and knows how to deal with "conspiracy theory" types. Seems the lower the IQ, the higher chance they come up with some kind of conspiracy theory as to why bad things happen to them.

I was not blaming the victim, I WAS blaming the parent.

Let me guess, mother was a single mom, no dad, no parental supervision, girl did as she pleased, mother had no clue where she was most of the time.. sounding like I am on the right track?

Look, what happened is horrible.. no one deserves to lose a child and I am not saying that the kid who did the shooting ISN'T guilty of something.. but when you let your kids run wild without keeping an eye on them, in this day and age, these things WILL happen.
in cold blood

Pahrump, NV

#59 Jan 5, 2010
Yes, you are right and I think the Aliens are coming to take me away as well!
Pappynv

Pahrump, NV

#60 Jan 7, 2010
Yup yup, lets all point a finger,find fault in others,and become self-righteous so we don't have to look at ourselves... Sounds like people thinking as some religion has taught them to...

Someone has been shot and killed... Yes, it's a very very sad thing... And even worse for the parents if they give a chit at all... I myself have buried 3 young daughters... Even though it has been years ago I still walk through the emotions... 1.Denial 2.Anger 3.Grief 4.Depression 5.Acceptance and 6. Readjustment ...

Yes, I could and did have anger and damned well wanted revenge... Then I asked myself:Will that bring them back...

There are some Universal Laws that most fail to see... One of these laws says, like breeds alike... A horse cannot have a calf... Nor can a cow have a colt... If I display anger, I spread it... I really have no answers, but this much I do know... Today I would sooner be a part of the solution than being a part of the problem...

There are many Universal Laws that rule this universe we are a part of... When understood there is really no need for "mans or religious" laws...

I know that most of what I have said will go over most heads, yet there will be some that understand, hence spreading positive instead of negative...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tonopah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hi-Tech military weapons stolen from base and s... Oct 27 Reno NV 1
Friends & Nieghbors: Here's the rub (May '08) Sep '14 Eugene Dean 3
Michael Burnaroos (Feb '09) Sep '14 Curious 43
Irish company optimistic about oil discovery (Dec '12) Sep '14 SallySam 2
Tonopah Music Emporium (Oct '12) Aug '14 Musikologist 10
Silver State Mainline hits the road following r... Jul '14 Joe 1
Tension growing between ranchers, mustang backers (Apr '14) Apr '14 Big Jake 3
Tonopah Dating
Find my Match

Tonopah People Search