Comment sought on planned 1,000-mile ...

Comment sought on planned 1,000-mile race in Nevada's deserts

There are 2 comments on the Reno Gazette-Journal story from Feb 6, 2009, titled Comment sought on planned 1,000-mile race in Nevada's deserts. In it, Reno Gazette-Journal reports that:

RENO, Nev. - Federal land managers will conduct an environmental review and hold two public meetings next month to gather public comment on a proposed off-highway race this summer that would stretch three days ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reno Gazette-Journal.

Jefff with a J

Reno, NV

#1 Feb 6, 2009
Back in my younger days in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan they had a race called the POR(Press on Reguardless)and it drew a good crowd and put a fair amount of money into the local economy. So if the proposed race is on existing roads and minimal impact on the area, WHY NOT.

I see people on there quad go scooting out of the garage tooling down the street to get to the closest patch of dirt and have more impact and uncaring attitude than these folks in an organized event would have over the course of 10 years. I say let em' have at it.

Since: Oct 08

Black Squirrel City

#2 Feb 6, 2009
Did they do all this impact stuff when Terribles was holding it out of Pahrump for years? Or is it now that Terribles thumbing their nose at Pahrump they want a impact survey.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tonopah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tonopah Music Emporium (Oct '12) Jul 3 Musikologist 12
Michael Burnaroos (Feb '09) Jun '15 PaytonB 45
Darms Mining co May '15 myvwpt1 1
News Once-rich Delamar now crumbling ghost town May '15 Compass points 1
Affectionate male and female Teacup Yorkie Pupp... (Nov '12) May '15 lorus 3
News Friends & Nieghbors: Here's the rub (May '08) Nov '14 Laurie 4
Hi-Tech military weapons stolen from base and s... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Reno NV 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tonopah Mortgages