First Prev
of 2
Next Last
proudredneck

Glendale, AZ

#22 May 31, 2013
I hate to burst your 'Peoria Police Hate Bubble'...but the Peoria Police Department is a very good and honest Police Department !
I can remember back 40-50 years ago when Peoria was just a bump in the road...Red Johnson was Chief of Police and Bob Webb was his Lt...Don Curry was the Constable...Judge Snure was the JP...the Police Department Headquarters was a small building that couldn't hold more than a dozen people at a time...
Those days are past but the honesty and professionalism of the Peoria P.D. is just a good now as it was then !
Show respect for them...they have 'earned' it !
J W Simms

Mesa, AZ

#23 May 31, 2013
proudredneck wrote:
I hate to burst your 'Peoria Police Hate Bubble'...but the Peoria Police Department is a very good and honest Police Department !
I can remember back 40-50 years ago when Peoria was just a bump in the road...Red Johnson was Chief of Police and Bob Webb was his Lt...Don Curry was the Constable...Judge Snure was the JP...the Police Department Headquarters was a small building that couldn't hold more than a dozen people at a time...
Those days are past but the honesty and professionalism of the Peoria P.D. is just a good now as it was then !
Show respect for them...they have 'earned' it !
Quite a memory for a guy 100 plus years old. J.W. Simms.
proudredneck

Glendale, AZ

#24 Jun 2, 2013
I guess am closer to a hundred years old than I would like to admit, but I have a few more good miles left in me.
I was one of several Arizona Highway Patrolmen assigned to patrol between Glendale and Wickenburg (US 60) a few years back and had personal knowledge of the law enforcement agencies in my area of influence.
I had a professional as well as personal association with many of the Town Marshals, Chiefs of Police, Patrolmen and other Public Safety Personnel including such a person as Chief Welch who was the Fire Chief and also the Owner of Mickey's Stage Coach Restaurant in Wittman Az. Chief Welch was the type of man that would put 12+ hours as a cook in his little restaurant and then respond to a serious traffic accident on US60 at 2am as a 'volunteer' and did a fantastic job.
These were the types of people that made Arizona great 40-50 years ago and the Peoria P.D. was full of such men that worked long hard hours for little pay...so before anyone bad mouths a worthy Police Department or men that serve the community...perhaps they should do a little research into the history of those organizations and show some respect for them...because they have 'earned' it
proudredneck

Glendale, AZ

#25 Jun 2, 2013
...just a quick note to 'Glad'...if you are associated with the Peoria Police Department or any Public Safety Organization I would suggest you learn to 'show respect for the dis-respectful'...name calling is beneath the dignity of a dedicated Public Servant whether it be a City Police Officer, Town Marshall, Deputy Sheriff or Highway Patrolman.
Times may have changed but quality people haven't...earn your reputation

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tonopah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trailer manufacturing company and owner convict... (Jul '11) Nov 22 Swedenforever 25
Justin Chase Elms (Jan '13) Nov 10 babygirl38 9
Why doesn't every body mind there own business Oct '14 THE WARDEN 2
As the world turns in tonopah Oct '14 Diana 1
Wholesale Medical Marijuana supplier Oct '14 real man 1
Nadaburg wants to increase your taxes again Oct '14 desertmonkey1 3
West Valley city demographics Oct '14 Joe 1
Tonopah Dating
Find my Match

Tonopah People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Tonopah News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Tonopah