Surprise, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2009

Boulder City Council Endorses Vegas-to-Phoenix Interstate 

The Boulder City Council has added its voice to those advocating an interstate freeway between Las Vegas and Phoenix.

In a related article found by scrolling below you can read the original report on plans to build a Interstate Highway from Las Vegas to Phoenix through WITTMANN, but might could by-pass Surprise, Glendale and Peoria.

J. W. Simms doesn’t recall anybody!! Asking him if they could put their Goddamn Freeway right through the
Middle of “ Wittmann “ so as to bypass and not disturb the high class neighborhoods of Surprise, Glendale, and Peoria , did anybody ask you? What the fuck is Wittmann coming to? A dumping ground for all the shit nobody else wants in THEIR! Area ? What the fuck is coming next to Wittmann, a Goddamn oil refinery? I wouldn’t doubt it. For the full article on this freeway, go to www.wittmannnews.com . J. W. Simms.
Elliott Ness

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2009

If you live within a couple of miles of US 60, this is something to fear. The noise would be horrible. There would be a hugh increase in truck traffic, 24 hours a day. Lets hope they can't find the funding for this.
J W Simms

Surprise, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2009

Elliott Ness wrote:
If you live within a couple of miles of US 60, this is something to fear. The noise would be horrible. There would be a hugh increase in truck traffic, 24 hours a day. Lets hope they can't find the funding for this.
Lets also hope they can't find all! the necessary support for this, because hope is all Wittmann has left, I doubt if a prayer would work. J. W. Simms.
Wittmannite

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2009

What do you care JWS...you hate Wittmann anyhow. I don't understand why you put up with Wittmann or the forum, if you hate it so much move cities...including the Wittmann forum...Hmmmm, lets see...Out Of Site, Out Of Mind! Not hard to figure out you dumb-ass!!!

Since: Jul 09

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2009

So, is this a different road than the one that was supposed to come up around 247th between sun valley parkway to the 60?
Big Daddy

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2009

Yes, it is a different road. They want to highway us in! The other one was I believe around 243rd.

Since: Jul 09

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2009

actually, i meant 243... i used to live off of 242nd. that really sucks. i wonder, if someone were buying a home at this point in time anywhere along the 'proposed' byway, would not prospective home buyer be told that soon the could be living on the side of a big road.... ive heard of even crozier opening up... see homes along crozier and think, wow.... who would get the revenue from the road, surprise? would that be the final kicker at turning wittmann into surprise? the road, the revenue? if wittmann turns into surprise and impacts are felt, think im moving. maybe.
working stiff

Glendale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2009

From what I see on the map, the proposed freeway is WAY out west, even west of Whispering Ranch...that's not Wittmann.
New Wittmanite

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2009

working stiff wrote:
From what I see on the map, the proposed freeway is WAY out west, even west of Whispering Ranch...that's not Wittmann.
How could you tell with the map given? What map did you view and where?
Big Daddy

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2009

That's what I thought when I first saw the map via the article at wittmannnews.com . But if you dig deeper you will find that US 60 is specifically mentioned as being a part of Interstate 11. Do a google search on interstate 11.
mamma t

Wickenburg, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2009

ok, go to lasvegassun.com . go down to the documents and click on 'plans for the hassayampa frwy'. there are several roads that show up in there. there is also some good forum to read on it as well. there is some roads like wildrose pkwy just west of peakview estates that goes up to the 60. there is turner parkway that goes up to morristown and there is hidden waters pkwy at about 315th ave and of course the i-11 or hassayampa frwy which is way out west for the phx to vegas route...

“I Care About Our Town ”

Since: Nov 07

Phoenix, now Wittmann

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2009

~*Oh great!¡ Like it's NOT bad enough they're putting in a HUGEEE Railyard ~ 723 Acres which AINT small People!!

~ 1000 ft from the elementary school here but thinking of making Grand part of I~11??¿¿ That's nuts!¡

Grand is less than a Mile from the School!

So when 1 of the 10 or so kids that WALKS home from school, is crossing Grand Ave, gets hit ~ Then What?¿

NO ONE does the 45 mph speed LIMIT thru our ONLY Light!¡
It's 45 from just West of the Post Office on Grand until the 1st bridge like 1000 ft from the light. And 45 going the Other Direction.

Everyone and their Mother RUNS that light almost every 22 mins during the day and even in less time at night.

Ive almost been hit a few times on mornings when my kids miss the bus and take them to school.

To make Grand Ave (US60 for the people who think it doesnt have a real name)~ is kinda stupid!

As for us becoming Surprise, we were told by those people at the last town meeting I went to that WE as in Wittmann have to request to be annexed into Surprise.
That means all of us would have to send in the forms asking for this. And I for 1, WILL NOT!

To become Surprise, they will make us change from our septic tanks to a ACTUAL Sewage System, Take control of our wells we get our water from and jack up the price of our water.

Not sure if anyone's noticed but some of us can barely afford what we pay now w/ the Economy being so bad!

Especially those of us who work in any type of Construction; Whether cabinet installer to the semi~truck driver who hauls in the cement for the foundation of new houses being built; And LIVE in Wittmann.

Im staying Wittmann. My address is staying Wittmann.

As for Simms, we ALL know you hate Wittmann so, shut up. Go run your mouth about the area you live in just this 1 time.
Touche

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2010

I've been doing some reading and found this quite interesting. Luke AirForce Base is not the enemy. Just our nefarious sole sucking politicians.
http://acppr.org/
J W Simms

Surprise, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

Elliott Ness wrote:
Looks likes they found the funding someplace, they're ramping up HWY-60 to handle all those trucks, as we speak. Welcome to Wittmann, Train & Truck stop of the west. J.W. Simms.
Elliott Ness

New River, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2010

J W Simms wrote:
<quoted text>Looks likes they found the funding someplace, they're ramping up HWY-60 to handle all those trucks, as we speak. Welcome to Wittmann, Train & Truck stop of the west. J.W. Simms.
Me eyes tell me a different story. I thought the work was in Surprise up to the 303. I don't see any work being done in Wittmann.
J W Simms

Surprise, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2010

Judged:

Elliott Ness wrote:
<quoted text>Me eyes tell me a different story. I thought the work was in Surprise up to the 303. I don't see any work being done in Wittmann.
Just hold on they're headed west. Nobody knows what goes on in the heads of ADOT engineers. they did all that work upgrading the 60 in west Phoenix and then jumped to Glendale and now bypassed eL-mirage and jump to Surprise. They may go back east again, but trust me they are! headed west down the 60, or up the 60, depends on your point of view, how far past Wittmann is anybody's guess. There's even talk that the shell station on 211th isn't doing all that great and will probably be upgraded to a truck stop. There's probably enough teenie bopper prostitutes in the Wittmann area to work that place 24/7 providing a big boost to the Wittmann economy. J.W. Simms.
cb wittmann

Fountain Hills, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Hello nadaburg school district

I have submitted some graphs of school budget for you all to view they should be up tonight maybe around 7:00. Along with another post from me on how picketing at nadaburg elementary went today.

Thank you everyone
IdeaFactory

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

From no on - EVERYONE who drives through Wittmann between 11pm and 5am - honk your horn repeatedly so the drug dealers, sex offenders and tards living there can start getting used to it!
Wittmann

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Wouldn't it be nice if Wittmann Residece took a stad on having our own city council as wel as getting out the drug dealers, sex offenders and tards living there. Cleaning up our property and making our community a place to be proud of????
JW Simms

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Wittmann wrote:
Wouldn't it be nice if Wittmann Residece took a stad on having our own city council as wel as getting out the drug dealers, sex offenders and tards living there. Cleaning up our property and making our community a place to be proud of????
Hahahahahahahahahahah proud of Wittmann, you bet. J.W. Simms.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tonopah Discussions

Search the Tonopah Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
AZ Who do you support for Governor in Arizona in 2... (Oct '10) Apr 6 illegals r criminals 448
Wittmann Az History (Jul '13) Apr 3 Gunslinger 5
Justin Chase Elms (Jan '13) Feb '14 becky elms 6
back to 180 days??? Really? Feb '14 Slim Wittman 1
Selena Gomez left rehab early, but Demi Lovato ... Feb '14 Big mike 2
Jerry joe truitt (Apr '12) Jan '14 Linda Chandley Allen 4
AZ AZ Hunting Amendment, Proposition 109 (Oct '10) Oct '13 Fish Cake 89
•••
•••
•••
•••

Tonopah Jobs

•••