Piper

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2007

Can anyone in or close by Tonopah please give me a couple pros/cons of living in Tonopah? In case I cant find my way back to ... uh... where ever it is that I am... please email comments, good or bad,
to ganja_dog@yahoo.com or heidi420@cox.net. I am seriously thinking of moving to Tonopah... thanks for your time.

:)
Piper
tcs

Tonopah, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2007

Piper wrote:
Can anyone in or close by Tonopah please give me a couple pros/cons of living in Tonopah? In case I cant find my way back to ... uh... where ever it is that I am... please email comments, good or bad,
to ganja_dog@yahoo.com or heidi420@cox.net. I am seriously thinking of moving to Tonopah... thanks for your time.
:)
Piper
howdy down! i have lived out here in the desert now for 1 year. i stay home with my grandson and it is a good thing i like doing that for there is nothing entertaining here for a 3 year old. i attend church less than 3 miles away which i really love. the nearest convenience store/truck stop/gas station is 5 miles east and west. we have restaurants and the palo verde nuclear plant nearby. but for real grocery shopping, it requires a trip to town. the very nearest is at least 30 minutes away. the same goes for any kind of shopping, even the nearest walmart. I-10 traffic is only going to get worse; there are only 2 lanes traveling each way. but all in all, i really enjoy it out here, being that i grew up in the country!
feel free to respond!
God bless and take care, tc
JGF

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2007

tcs wrote:
<quoted text>
howdy down! i have lived out here in the desert now for 1 year. i stay home with my grandson and it is a good thing i like doing that for there is nothing entertaining here for a 3 year old. i attend church less than 3 miles away which i really love. the nearest convenience store/truck stop/gas station is 5 miles east and west. we have restaurants and the palo verde nuclear plant nearby. but for real grocery shopping, it requires a trip to town. the very nearest is at least 30 minutes away. the same goes for any kind of shopping, even the nearest walmart. I-10 traffic is only going to get worse; there are only 2 lanes traveling each way. but all in all, i really enjoy it out here, being that i grew up in the country!
feel free to respond!
God bless and take care, tc
We are also thinking of moving to Tonopah. Does it seem like a safe place? Are there any health concerns with the Palo Verde plant being nearby???
California realtor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2007

were planning on moving to tartesso we just sold our home in the city of whittier at first my thought was the real estate industry was booming we need to go now. Now that the market has taken a dive in prices which is great for us as buyers and after many visits to buckeye and Goodyear i think its the place we cant wait to call home. good luck we'll see you under the beautiful skies of the Arizona desert.
C.R.
JGF

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2007

California realtor wrote:
were planning on moving to tartesso we just sold our home in the city of whittier at first my thought was the real estate industry was booming we need to go now. Now that the market has taken a dive in prices which is great for us as buyers and after many visits to buckeye and Goodyear i think its the place we cant wait to call home. good luck we'll see you under the beautiful skies of the Arizona desert.
C.R.
CR: Are you talking about Tonopah or is the place you're talking about different?
Julie

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2007

Hi. We are wanting to sell our house in Tartesso if you are interested. I am wanting to move back to be by family out of state. You can email me at Chifladajulia@hotmail.com Thanks.
Julie in Buckeye AZ

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2007

Hello. I do not live in Chandler so the above message worries me and the wording of it is not something I did. My email address is chifladajulia@hotmail.com so it is weird someone posted that. Anyway, our house is going on the market next week with a realtor. My husband and I were both layed off our jobs and so our house will be on the market as short sale.
Email me if interested and I can give the number of our realtor. We live in Buckeye, AZ in the Tartesso neighborhood. Our home will be for sale for less than others here as we are on a short sale since we are going through financial hardship. Everything is true about what was mentioned about Tonopah above except now that Watson Road is built and opened, there are tons of restaurants and stores there that are already open and many soon to come. It is the most popular street out here and we are there for mostly everything as the next big exits are 12 miles and more east of Watson Road. Thanks.
Jesse

Buckeye, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2007

I can't tell you much about Tonopah, but I live in Buckeye in the Tartesso neighborhood and love it.

If you have children there are wonderful parks in just about every section with splash pads. There are also two larger parks with bbq areas, volleyball, soccer fields, baseball diamonds etc etc.

I live on a street where all the neighbors seem to know each other, they set up "child at play" signs and the children will play basketball, street hockey, and football in the street.

There are new as well as pre-owned homes here. We purchased a Pulte (model: homage) and couldn't be happier. Some new builders have entered the picture and I can honestly say the Pacifics are beautiful.

I can't think of anything bad to say about the place. We did have some tragedy here. For those that live in the area you might recall the murder-suicide - well they were my neighbors. Their home is vacant (obviously) and I would expect that it will foreclose soon. The house on the other side of them is also vacant (it was the deceased's sister) as is the one next to that. Those 3 homes have the LARGEST LOTS IN THE DEVELOPMENT. They also did beautiful custom work throughout their homes, it would be a real bargain if they happen to go on the market.

It's not really that huge of a difference in distance between Tartesso & Tonopah (IMO). We will be getting a Fry's in our neighborhood and a few other business too. Plus, can you really beat the view?
Melissa

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2009

What's up i have lived out here in tonopah for 19 years no it is not a safe place there are SO SO SO many drugs out here my uncle was murdered 2 years ago took 3 months to find his body out here there was a woman with him they cant even identfy her im getting the fuck out of here i have 2 young boys and i am NOT letting them grow up here
M J Dell

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

California realtor wrote:
C.R.
Property taxes in buckeye and Goodyear seem a bit high for me. I `m looking at Tonopah.
Barb Rogers

Marana, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2010

There is a world of difference between Tonopah and Buckeye, taxes being one of them, the property taxes in Buckeye are the highest in the state. I have lived in Tonopah for 9 years, and if you like the rural life you will love it, yes there are drug problems in a couple of areas, but I have never had a problem. In the right location the views are spectacular and with the housing market down you can get land and a home for a steal. Everyone looks out for each other and taxes are really, really low.
cristal

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

Barb Rogers wrote:
There is a world of difference between Tonopah and Buckeye, taxes being one of them, the property taxes in Buckeye are the highest in the state. I have lived in Tonopah for 9 years, and if you like the rural life you will love it, yes there are drug problems in a couple of areas, but I have never had a problem. In the right location the views are spectacular and with the housing market down you can get land and a home for a steal. Everyone looks out for each other and taxes are really, really low.
What are the drug areas in tonopah?We are looking at a home out there.
cristal from phx

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

What are the drug areas in tonopah, we are looking at a house out there.
lynnda

Flagstaff, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

You will either love the country or hate it.... If you are a city person and love to have the shops near you...You probably won't like to live in Tonopah...
If you get sick and have a lot of appointments or etc...you will have to drive a ways...If this doesn't bother you.. then you might like it out here...It is very very hot in the country during the summer months. The wind blows very hard at times.
There are pro's and con's
The pro is.... you will love the desert it is beautiful.. you can't beat a clear sky at night and you can look up to see the stars...you are able to hear nature... "instead of your neighbor's phone ringing..while you are in your house"... There is space if you like space it maybe where you want to live... I love it out here I been here for 10 yrs. I was raised in the country, and it is so nice not to have someone telling you have to clean up or you will be fined.
NevO

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

What are the drug areas in Tonopah? you ask??? EVERYWHERE.

411th I-10 Kennedy Compound (tweaks cooks and dealers)
331st and Roser Furness homestead (tweaks)
363rd and Buckeye Pam and Raz's (tweaks and dealers)
371st and Buckeye Cowboy's (tweak, thief, cook, dealer)
Harquahala Valley (Illegal smugglers and dope smugglers)
Hassayampa River (if you need to dump a stolen vehicle, or cook a load of meth without people noticing)
NevO

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

Oh i forgot 355th and indian school. (bayless compound) (tweaks dealers cooks thieves)
Scott

Goodyear, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

I'm sort of doubting the drug prevalance honestly. It's just like any rural type area on the edge of an urban sprawl like Phoenix or Buckeye.

Does it happen? Yes.

Is it sometimes more obvious because it's in a field? Probably.

Does it happen more often out here than in the city?
Haha, no way.
jow

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

i have lived in buckeye the tartesso subdivision for alomost two years. i have 3 kids, 2 in elementary and one in high school...the drugs out there are bad, i'v never seen so much..the high school and buses kids are sniffin and smokin weed. dont move out here if you have kids
thank you
Sky Ganja

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Are there people selling weed near 353rd dobins ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tonopah Discussions

Search the Tonopah Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Officials: Fires set in Avondale Walmart, Goody... 22 hr Nate X 1
Review: Profit And Cashflow LLC (Jun '12) Jul 19 Eric williamson 3
Jerry joe truitt (Apr '12) Jul 17 Bridgette 5
AZ AZ Hunting Amendment, Proposition 109 (Oct '10) Jul 15 GeorgeKennerly 93
Should a rail yard be near the Nadaburg School? (Oct '07) Jul 13 parent and business owner 28
Knowingly infecting someone with herpes Jul 10 tns 2
Wittmann Az History (Jul '13) Jul 3 bryan lyle 6
•••
•••
•••
Tonopah Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Tonopah Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000