Buckeye (Modern Day Stone Age)

Buckeye (Modern Day Stone Age)

Posted in the Tonopah Forum

Jay Coldplay

Mesa, AZ

#1 May 25, 2012
My wife and sold our house back east and decided to relocate here. We decided to rent a house in sundance for a year before buying just to see if it is bad as everyone says it is. Well it definitely is... For the most part people here are idiots and cannot drive worth a damn. I actually seen a guy with a damn mullet yesterday. THATS RIGHT!!! A MULLET. Also people have a nerve to act snobbish because they have a cookie cutter home that they cannot sell because it is no longer worth shit because of the horrible economy here. Than I hear people bitching about renters. We sold our house for $345,000 and could easily buy a huge house and pay it off here, but I am glad we did not. This place is the arm pit of america, and that is an insult to arm pits. This place has NO SENSE of community. I have NEVER EVER been to a place where you do not get to know your neighbors. It is very obvious that most people here have never been anywhere else. Or the intense heat has baked all of you peoples brains. People here are soulless, fake, conceited, replaceable, unsociable, snobby, gullible, incompetent, insecure, lazy, cowardly, empty, selfish, superficial, judgmental, rude, irrational, know-it-all, slobs, deadbeats, useless, con-artists … in short, a wicked conglomeration of some of the worst this fine country (and Mexico) has to offer. People here are like one giant herd of sheep with no direction, no ambition, no work ethic, and piss poor attitudes. Since I have been here I have encountered some of the lowest forms of life on the planet including an OLD RACIST SECURITY GAURD at West Valley Emergency Center named Neil. The general incompetence of Arizona’s population really shines on the roadways out here and it really is quite terrifying being surrounded by clueless locals who are navigating the equivalent of meandering missiles that are just waiting to ruin your day. Nameless Neighbors - this is one of those rare places where nobody knows their neighbors or wants to get to know their neighbors. Also what is up with this Tough Guy Façade – you know, I really can’t tell if it is all the lifted trucks, skull/flame tattoos, or the lame Ed Hardy shirts out here, but you have a lot of people marching around with a tough guy front for no good reason. That shit is funny. Where I am from none of you would last. Also I here people talking ghetto this and ghetto that. So a dirty redneck with meth mouth, a mullet and overly sunned leather skin isn't ghetto right ?? Finally, I have lived in many places around the US and this place has some of the ugliest people I have ever seen in my life. This place is a total culture shock for me. Better yet it is a cultural vacuum. A lot of people say they have a problem with the Mexicans but I beg to differ. I am white and I find the Mexicans and African American people a lot easier to talk to and nicer than the white people. Majority of the white people I have met act as if they are King and Queen of this shit heep. Well you 30k millionaires can keep your delusional throne. As soon as my lease is up we are out of THE DESERT OF THE DAMNED and head to SoCal to buy a home... This place will never ever recover from the housing collapse. WHY ??? Because of the stupid, lazy, racist narrow minded people that occupy this habitat. You want to experience real life, than get the hell out of here..
Catherine L

Peoria, AZ

#2 Aug 1, 2012
Impressive rant. You do realize that most of the west valley has been built up in the last twenty years? Community needs time to build, and if everyone who wants community bales, then that's what you get. Starter subdivisions where people spend a couple years and then leave.

I've found no problem with befriending neighbors, finding cat and house sitters, plus there's an ice cream truck that comes along every day. Maybe you should pull your judgmental head out of your a**hole and engage in some positive communication with these flowing mullet maned inhabitants.

As to the poor driving. You see how wide the roads are?! If you get hit it's your own fault, the south-west has lots of space and the mentality out here is to take up as much you can. You want nice polite driving head to Texas, I assure you things aren't better in Cali in that respect.

The west side does leave a lot to be desired. The landscape is rather bla, and the communities need some cohesive help. But some of us have to live here and make do, so glad you're getting your bad attitude out.

Hope you enjoy your SoCal taxes!
Susan W

Phoenix, AZ

#3 Nov 1, 2012
Well Mr. Coldplay... Geez, frustrated are we? My husband and I just moved here from CA. We live in Sunset Vista off Miller. Our neighbors are delightful, the people in Buckeye are kind, gracious, and honestly don't seem to care about whether you are lower/middle/upper class. If you treat people with respect you will receive respect. If you try to meet your neighbors, I'm sure they would be nice and if not, move. But don't judge the whole of Buckeye or AZ by a few blocks of people. It seems you have some boundary issues and expectations that are unreasonable. The taxes in CA stink and the state is one heck of a mess. You will regret moving there. Enjoy the low tax rate here and get a big house. If you don't like the area you live in, try somewhere else, but I find the laid back attitude of the people here refreshing. You get what you see and what I see is a melting pot of people wanting to work together to better their community.
Brian

Phoenix, AZ

#4 Nov 10, 2012
Bullets are cheap.
sharon

Mesa, AZ

#6 Jan 19, 2014
Jay Cold play, your complaint wasn't the easiest to read because of no proper beginning or ending to your sentences. Oh, do you talk the way you type (spell your words), if so, I would find it hard communicating with you, I don't think I would understand your dialect.

Your ignorance, lack of manners, judgmental attitude, rudeness, snootiness, and general demeanor, everything you hate about the people of Buckeye and I guess, Az in general, shines on exceptionally in your above rant!

Happy trails to you, Arizona doesn't want you anyway!! Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tonopah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trailer manufacturing company and owner convict... (Jul '11) 1 hr Fire 53
Phil Oliverson (Aug '16) Feb '17 Mike 2
Man found dead on swap meet grounds Feb '17 desertrocks 2
Review: Esquivel Chicano Trucking (Jan '14) Feb '17 Julian 9
J W Simms (Dec '07) Feb '17 Lordslamp 24
Anthony McDonald wanted for first degree murder... Feb '17 Susan 1
Genealogy Search Dec '16 Dorothy Hunter 1

Tonopah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance