Making A Dream Day A Reality: One Mad...

Making A Dream Day A Reality: One Madison County Woman Is Seeking A...

There are 121 comments on the WHNT News 19 story from Aug 3, 2010, titled Making A Dream Day A Reality: One Madison County Woman Is Seeking A.... In it, WHNT News 19 reports that:

Paying for a wedding can put a major dent in your bank account. These days, the average wedding can set you back about $24,000. A Toney woman is hoping she can make enough money on eBay to help offset some of the costs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHNT News 19.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
liz

Madison, AL

#127 Aug 10, 2010
Bride To Be wrote:
<quoted text>
I never once said I could not afford it.
Eh? If you can afford
it, then why are you asking for money? Did I miss something?
Bride To Be wrote:
<quoted text>I can understand how people might
think sponorship is stupid, but the fact is, people do it all the time.
Really? They do? I always thought a wedding was something you
or your parents pay for yourselves. I must be old fashioned or
something.
someone wrote:
<quoted text> Not everyone is born in a wealthy
family where they parents can pay for the wedding and it is not
everyones dream to just go down to the courthouse and say I do. Some
people take marriage more deeply and want to celebrate with their
family.
True, most people are not born into wealth but who
dreams of having a courthouse wedding? That's what a lot of people have
to do. So does the quality of marriage depend on the amount of money
you spend on your wedding? Are courthouse weddings less meaningful than
$100,000 or $6,000 weddings? Do you have to shovel as much money as you
can into the wedding industry in order to take marriage more deeply and
to celebrate with family?

And to everyone else, you should pat yourselves on the back for living such perfect lives. What's wrong with having children out of wedlock?

Because the Bible says so? Last time I checked this was the land of the free, which I don't think entails having other people's beliefs shoved down your throat.

How is it destroying society and harming you? It's not like people take marriage seriously these days anyways. Look at the divorce rate in this country. See how many marriages there were that shouldn't have happened in the first place? But that's okay, because getting married first is "the right thing to do" (whatever that is) and it's bad to cohabitate and reproduce before marriage. But who cares that we are flushing the sanctity of marriage down the toilet? It's proper protocol.

You think that we the taxpayers end up paying for children born out of wedlock? I think that's rather presumptuous. Who's to say unmarried parents or single parents can't take care of their children any better than married ones? Or is it because you automatically assume single or
unwed parents are receiving your hard-earned tax dollars? Besides, who do you think pays for the burden that all of these divorce cases place on our already over-burdened court system? The flying spaghetti monster? BTW, it's much harder to sue someone for divorce in a common law marriage than you think.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's the real Ardmore,AL like? (Feb '09) Jun 18 Lake Logan 63
News 1 man died after an officer-involved shooting i... Jan '16 Leon 1
News Court documents: Hoverboard blamed for house fire (Dec '15) Dec '15 Scam Product 1
News Man Arrested For Breaking In To Same Home Twice... (Aug '10) Nov '15 Upset 29
Knight moves adult entertainment (Sep '15) Sep '15 Anonymous 1
Harvest House Restaurant Closure (Aug '15) Aug '15 The Mayo Clinic 4
Ardmore Diet Doctor (Mar '09) Jul '15 fluffy 38
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Toney Mortgages