Making A Dream Day A Reality: One Madison County Woman Is Seeking A...

Full story: WHNT News 19

Paying for a wedding can put a major dent in your bank account. These days, the average wedding can set you back about $24,000. A Toney woman is hoping she can make enough money on eBay to help offset some of the costs.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of121
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Shay

Muscle Shoals, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

This is really upsetting..."seven years and two children later"? Why did you not go down to the Justice of the Peace and get married?

And I REALLY hope we "the taxpayers" didn't have to pay for your kids...
NO NAME

Charleston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

This is not even news worthy.. I mean seriously. Anybody dumb enough to pay to be a bridesmaid in some hicks wedding. There is nothing wrong with going to courthouse. No star quality in this wedding just plain ridiculous!!
Linda

Leoma, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

odds are .. we do pay or the kids.. and proably prozac for the parents.
Don Ford

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

I am surprised and disappointed that you would air a story like this. Am I understanding this correctly ? They have 2 children without ever being married...Your report was so like this is OK in our society !! Is the morality in this country so bankrupt that anything goes ? We are on a downward spiral, I just hope folks wake up before it's too late. I don't believe I'll be watching you guys anymore...
Holley

Fort Payne, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

That is totally insane. Who in their right mind would pay to be in this girl's wedding?!?!
old fashion

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

I agree! This was not news worthy! Why would anyone pay to be in this wedding? Furthermore, at this point...GO TO THE COURTHOUSE! and save that money to feed your kids! SMH---Ya'll already live together and have TWO kids! This is shameful---Now on TV and the internet--Basially Begging!
someone

Pineville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

I am really upset that people are posting hateful comments. Who is to critize a couple who put their children and providing a good life and home for their kids above their own personal wants. Not everyone is born in a wealthy family where they parents can pay for the wedding and it is not everyones dream to just go down to the courthouse and say I do. Some people take marriage more deeply and want to celebrate with their family. Nor can we judge them on having kids before marriage. Atleast they have stuck with each other and are not like every other couple in america who get divorces after having kids. Just because someone is making ends meet does not mean that they are on welfare or people's taxes are paying for them. Infact, their taxes are paying for your social security that will not be there when they get older.
someone

Pineville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

ps - a lady did this a couple years ago and the bid won @ $5,700 and she was paid $10,000
Carissa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

Um everyone I honestly think this could be a good idea and this isn't the first time its happened. A woman not long ago did this and Dr. Pepper sponsored it and she got $10,000. I mean seriously who wouldn't do something like this for money. No people do other stupid stuff and get away with it. y'all people are hypocrites. Also it has become very common to have kids before marriage now a days and it's their decision to do it so who are you to honestly judge someone for their choices on their life.
Cmon folks

Madison, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

If you read the ad, the first child past away and the couple doesn't want to go to the courthouse. They chose to buy a house to raise their son in rather than spend money on a wedding. I see this as a means for someone to help the couple with their dreams when they don't as much as some others do. I believe that whoever does buy in will end up being a close friend of the family for a very long time for being such a POSITIVE person. This is America, freedom is allowed.
ReeMaxx

Madison, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

This is pop culture gone insane... about like the 'rapist in the projects' video... homeboy...
Carolyn

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

I am so glad to see I wasn't the only one that thought this was ridiculous. I'm glad they are getting married but why did they wait till now? Lets see hmmm, not married, not working, taxpayers pay for the children's birth and raising them, all the government benefits we are paying for. And to top it off they want people to pay for their wedding. Get real, get a Preacher to marry you if you don't want to go to the courthouse but forget a wedding that you should have had before you started having children and living together. Probably live in government housing too. If 19 wants people to help out with a wedding then show a couple who are working and paying their way and people might help out. They probably also don't realize that they would have to pay a stranger to be a bridesmaid not the other way around.
annonymous

Pineville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

Who says these people aren't working? They do work and pay their own bills and are not on government housing. They are taxpayers and contribute to the society. I highly recommend that everyone read the ebay listing before responding. Not everyone has the money to get married the second they want to. I think it is smart for the couple not to go into debt. They did not beg or ask. They are simpling auctioning off a position to someone who may have an interest in it. Does this make all ebay people beggers?
Carolyn

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

someone wrote:
I am really upset that people are posting hateful comments. Who is to critize a couple who put their children and providing a good life and home for their kids above their own personal wants. Not everyone is born in a wealthy family where they parents can pay for the wedding and it is not everyones dream to just go down to the courthouse and say I do. Some people take marriage more deeply and want to celebrate with their family. Nor can we judge them on having kids before marriage. Atleast they have stuck with each other and are not like every other couple in america who get divorces after having kids. Just because someone is making ends meet does not mean that they are on welfare or people's taxes are paying for them. Infact, their taxes are paying for your social security that will not be there when they get older.
I am not being hateful just truthful. My daughter doesn't have wealthy parents, just parents that have worked very hard at regular jobs (not high paying) and she has worked since she was old enough to, her wedding was a whole lot simpler than this couple is planning and she also didn't have children before she married. She like alot of other girls had what they could afford and doesn't expect other people to pay her way. I am very proud of my daughter and glad she didn't resort to asking others to pay for her wedding.
Frasier

Camden, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

If I were you, I'd be embarrassed about showing that I have two kids and living together for seven (7) years with the father. There is a courthouse, May cost about $50 bucks and in the next (7) years you can save for a church wedding. I dont see that this is news worthy. I wont be watching this news any more.
Carolyn

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

Carissa wrote:
Um everyone I honestly think this could be a good idea and this isn't the first time its happened. A woman not long ago did this and Dr. Pepper sponsored it and she got $10,000. I mean seriously who wouldn't do something like this for money. No people do other stupid stuff and get away with it. y'all people are hypocrites. Also it has become very common to have kids before marriage now a days and it's their decision to do it so who are you to honestly judge someone for their choices on their life.
Yes, it is too common, and who pays for all the kids, taxpayers.
Carolyn

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

annonymous wrote:
Who says these people aren't working? They do work and pay their own bills and are not on government housing. They are taxpayers and contribute to the society. I highly recommend that everyone read the ebay listing before responding. Not everyone has the money to get married the second they want to. I think it is smart for the couple not to go into debt. They did not beg or ask. They are simpling auctioning off a position to someone who may have an interest in it. Does this make all ebay people beggers?
I guess you didn't see the news report, they have wrote alot of companies asking for donations. And how did 19 hear about this, lets see, someone probably called in hoping the story would get coverage and people would send money.
beth

Vinemont, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

This is like Sarah Palin's daughter Bristol getting pregnant while her mother was governor. They said she and her baby's father was going to get married and then they didn't, then months later they are and then one week later they aren't. In England and America it is customary to get married first before having children or the husband feels that he has no responsibility. More and more men are taking care of their children born out of wedlock and there is a uniform child support law that now is nationwide, but out of respect for God, Americans get married first. There is no self discipline in not doing so. A bit of information here, Alabama is one of the states that is common law so if you have been living together and holding yourself out as man and wife you are common law and if you decide to separate you have to get a divorce like couples that were married by the justice of the peace or by a minister with a marriage license. If you marry some one else without that divorce then you have commited bigamy. Then you are arrested. It happens all the time. You can go to the internet to check this out and you can ask your county's district attorney to verify.
Carolyn

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

annonymous wrote:
The news report said she wasn't working.
Carolyn

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

Frasier wrote:
If I were you, I'd be embarrassed about showing that I have two kids and living together for seven (7) years with the father. There is a courthouse, May cost about $50 bucks and in the next (7) years you can save for a church wedding. I dont see that this is news worthy. I wont be watching this news any more.
I agree totally.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of121
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Toney Discussions

Search the Toney Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ardmore Diet Doctor (Mar '09) Jul 19 Tasha 33
AL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) Jul 11 freedom 201
AL Who do you support for Governor in Alabama in 2... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Rep 704
AL Recent tornado outbreak in South may set new re... (Apr '11) Jun '14 ThomasA 416
Review: Free Spirit Tattoos Jun '14 TraceyC 1
Who is endorsing Huntsville Democrat Mitchell H... May '14 Tea Party Supporter 1
Who do you support for Sheriff in Alabama (Madi... (Oct '10) May '14 J Butler - esq retired 25
•••
•••
•••
Toney Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Toney Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••