At least 100 evacuated from Toms Rive...

At least 100 evacuated from Toms River, officials fear many remain stranded

There are 3 comments on the The Jersey Journal story from Oct 30, 2012, titled At least 100 evacuated from Toms River, officials fear many remain stranded. In it, The Jersey Journal reports that:

TOMS RIVER - As the rescue effort continues at the foot of the Mathis Bridge in Toms River, Police Chief Michael Mastronardy estimates local emergency crews and the N.J. State Police have helped evacuate 100 people from flooded sections of Seaside Heights, Ortley Beach and Lavalette.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Jersey Journal.

Jean Adams

Allenhurst, GA

#1 Oct 30, 2012
Our family has been trying to locate our elderly aunt and uncle residents of Lavalette...their names are Betty and Eddie Eberhardt. They were in their attic and we have not heard from them in 48 hours. I contacted the Lavalette Police Department and understand help will be there tomorrow sometime.

Can anyone tell me if they were among the 100 rescued.
Linda

Connersville, IN

#2 Oct 31, 2012
It was just on CNN Wolf Blitzer Situation Room a man called in from Toms River saying he had just been there and heard elderly people crying out for help in upper floors of housing in Lavalette. I'd call CNN and try and get some "air time." They need to be rescued. It is not their fault that they did not evacuate. They are elderly and probably didn't understand the severity of Hurricane Sandy. This story really bothered me. I hope you can find your elderly Aunt and Uncle and rescue all of the other elderly people still there.
Billy Donnelly

Belfast, UK

#4 Nov 2, 2012
Hi, I'm seeking information on my sister-in-law Ann Fratangelo and her family. They live in Claridge Court in Toms River. I haven't been able to contact them by phone. I would like to know if they are safe. Can anyone out there help?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toms River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whats up girl remember me from to Toluca Pacific Feb 14 Dan 1
Noel Slade Eurocars (Mar '10) Feb 9 Phoenix 41
NJ Mayor David Mayer makes History for Raising ... Jan 31 Recall Mayor Davi... 1
Review: Shop-Rite Exec Office (Sep '14) Jan '17 Noo 3
Birth Parents who are in Hiding or denial - Jan '17 joanNYadoptees 1
Nj adoptees can get their Original Birth certif... Jan '17 joanNYadoptees 1
News How could a hunter shoot a red-tailed hawk? (Jan '09) Jan '17 Fpeta 21

Toms River Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Toms River Mortgages