Posted in the Toms River Forum

Joe

Grand Falls, Canada

#1 Sep 21, 2006
Ethanol plant ready or not
Fran

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Oct 4, 2006
There has not been any recent news on the proposed incinerator/ ethanol plant. Recently the town was involved in a water problem, limited supply of safe drinking water that halted residential construction. I believe once that is resolved they will meet to review whether the facility has the appropriate zoning for that use. The proposed location is not very practical as it is on a one lane commercial road that is already overloaded with traffic. The proposed incinerator adjoins the Ymca and is very close to residences. Many have concerns is already a childhood cancer cluster due to illegal dumping and contaminated old chemical plant that was closed a while ago. Why anyone would consider a prototype given the town's prior environmental tragedy is beyond me. The NJDEP has already given them a green light/permits of some kind. There should be more controversy in the beginning of the year/spring. The plan does comes with a fat grant that is enticing many, if it were only in a different location and there was some type of track record on the system
Joe Boroni

Grand Falls, Canada

#3 Oct 18, 2006
Fran wrote:
There has not been any recent news on the proposed incinerator/ ethanol plant. Recently the town was involved in a water problem, limited supply of safe drinking water that halted residential construction. I believe once that is resolved they will meet to review whether the facility has the appropriate zoning for that use. The proposed location is not very practical as it is on a one lane commercial road that is already overloaded with traffic. The proposed incinerator adjoins the Ymca and is very close to residences. Many have concerns is already a childhood cancer cluster due to illegal dumping and contaminated old chemical plant that was closed a while ago. Why anyone would consider a prototype given the town's prior environmental tragedy is beyond me. The NJDEP has already given them a green light/permits of some kind. There should be more controversy in the beginning of the year/spring. The plan does comes with a fat grant that is enticing many, if it were only in a different location and there was some type of track record on the system
Thanks Fran,

If you can keep me posted on any developments it would be greatly appreciated.
Jess

Bensalem, PA

#4 Jan 4, 2007
Joe Boroni wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Fran,
If you can keep me posted on any developments it would be greatly appreciated.
WASHINGTON, DC
"--(MARKET WIRE)-- 01/04/07 -- Fuel Frontiers, Inc.(FFI), a subsidiary of Nuclear Solutions, Inc.(OTCBB: NSOL), announced that it has paid Bear Stearns & Co. Inc.( www.bearstearns.com ) One-Hundred Thousand dollars per the terms of an engagement agreement for Bear Stearns & Co. Inc. to lead a tax-exempt bond offering, as the senior underwriter, totaling $84 million for the construction of a waste-to-ethanol synthesis plant in Dover Township, New Jersey.
Under the terms of the engagement agreement, Bear Stearns agrees to apply its expertise and resources as senior managing underwriter to the proposed offering to obtain project funding. It will endeavor to do this through the issuance of tax-exempt bonds and possibly additional taxable debt instruments.
This agreement, including a summary of its terms and conditions, was filed by Nuclear Solutions, Inc. with the Securities and Exchange Commission on a Form 8-K Current Report on December 20, 2006.
FFI proposes to utilize commercially available and proprietary technologies to transform low-value, end-of-life carbonaceous waste materials such as waste coal, used tires, wood wastes, biomass, discarded corn stalks and other agricultural by-products, into high-value, environmentally friendly, clean-burning ethanol. With its global Strategic Alliance Agreement with Connecticut-based Startech Environmental Corporation, FFI gains access to Startech's innovative, proven and proprietary Plasma Converter(TM) System, which is proposed for use in FFI's planned facilities to transform feedstock materials into ethanol. Currently, FFI reports its operations and financial results on a consolidated basis within Nuclear Solutions, Inc.'s public filings. Visit www.fuelfrontiers.com for additional information. "
Fran

Toms River, NJ

#5 Feb 15, 2007
Yes Joe. "Progress" seems to continue, bring on the biomass. Proponents choose to ignore the unsuitability of the site due to its proximity to the YMCA & residences. At least one projectile (tree stump) from the wood shredder has already punctured the roof of the YMCA tearing roof insulation and landing in the pool during the day- when families often use it. At present the operators are expected to notify Y personnel when the machine is operated. Toms River seems to be inviting another environmental tragedy comparable to the cancer cluster they previously watched unfold.
Joe

Mississauga, Canada

#6 Feb 19, 2007
Thanks Fran

I dont think it will be much longer now,all indications are that they will be starting constuction soon hopefully they will do it right.
Fran wrote:
Yes Joe. "Progress" seems to continue, bring on the biomass. Proponents choose to ignore the unsuitability of the site due to its proximity to the YMCA & residences. At least one projectile (tree stump) from the wood shredder has already punctured the roof of the YMCA tearing roof insulation and landing in the pool during the day- when families often use it. At present the operators are expected to notify Y personnel when the machine is operated. Toms River seems to be inviting another environmental tragedy comparable to the cancer cluster they previously watched unfold.
bob

Lund, Sweden

#7 Mar 19, 2007
Anyone heard anything lately that they would like to share?
Yoshi

Tokyo, Japan

#8 Mar 23, 2007
Hello Fran
I would appreciate it very much if you could let me know
of any recent happings on the site.
Do you see any head ways made with factory construction
by the company, FFI.
Thank you !
Fran

Toms River, NJ

#9 Jun 5, 2007
Yoshi wrote:
Hello Fran
I would appreciate it very much if you could let me know
of any recent happings on the site.
Do you see any head ways made with factory construction
by the company, FFI.
Thank you !
No news that I am aware of. The matter was pending with NJDEP. I believe there is another plant somewhere in Connecticut I am not sure if it is actually used or just there to as a model for investors and community leaders to say they saw it. I would like to know of its location and any additional info so I could learn more about it. Since it appears the actual incinerator will be near my home I have many concerns... foremost if I should post a for sale sign yet.
Jeff

United States

#10 Jun 11, 2007
You may be talking about Startech's (STHK) demo unit in Bristol, Conn. Their management seems to be expressing doubts about Fuel Frontiers at THIS time (i.e. the Toms River project) now citing something about contingent permits/licenses??

"Longo says he has no expectations on this one. He says there are plenty of apples hanging low on the tree. This isn't one of them."

From a STHK investor via Raging Bull's mesage board..

Link from last October..

http://blog.wired.com/cars/2006/10/waste_to_h...
rocco

Houston, TX

#11 Jun 20, 2007
Any news on the Ethanol plant?
Joe

Mississauga, Canada

#12 Jun 21, 2007
Hi Fran
Since you are close by is there ahything that you can share with us regarding the ethanol plant,structural or political.
Jeff

United States

#13 Jun 29, 2007
Bob

Poughkeepsie, NY

#14 Sep 18, 2007
Don't think this plant will ever get off the ground. Funding has never been realized and Nuclear Solutions have jumped to the next big thing and are no longer pursuing ethanol. From what it looks like Nuclear Solutions/FFI was always a middle man who had neither the front end nor the back end FT reactor to make the ethanol. After wandering around they engaged Stone Shaw & Webster and switched to another front end system. Westinghouse Plasma who has extensive experience in making Plasma Torches not so much waste management or waste to fuel. Westinghouse Plasma should not be confused with Westinghouse the big corporation it is neither a parent company or apart of Westinghouse Plasma. Westinghouse Plasma was recently bought out by a canadian company. I'd call this project DOA.
fran

Toms River, NJ

#15 Dec 20, 2007
{/QUOTE]
Bob wrote:
Don't think this plant will ever get off the ground. Funding has never been realized and Nuclear Solutions have jumped to the next big thing and are no longer pursuing ethanol. From what it looks like Nuclear Solutions/FFI was always a middle man who had neither the front end nor the back end FT reactor to make the ethanol. After wandering around they engaged Stone Shaw & Webster and switched to another front end system. Westinghouse Plasma who has extensive experience in making Plasma Torches not so much waste management or waste to fuel. Westinghouse Plasma should not be confused with Westinghouse the big corporation it is neither a parent company or apart of Westinghouse Plasma. Westinghouse Plasma was recently bought out by a canadian company. I'd call this project DOA.
Something definitely smells acrid in the vicinity of the recycling facility over the last 6-8 weeks and the tire piles have shrunk to nothing. The odor in the evening outside the YMCA burns your eyes to the point of making them water. The newspaper has been mysteriously quiet and has failed to comment or report on any permitting of the DEP that would seem required for the processing and consequent release of air pollution in the surrounding residential neighborhood. I suppose the town's pre existing status as a child hood cancer cluster gives the state and local government reason to believe this is an appropriate location for the processing of solid waste and chemicals. Very sad.
amermich

Paris, France

#16 Feb 15, 2010
It seem that most parties interested in startech techno ignore that the "french" are doing à lot of "covered efforts" to take control of the company, or to stop it's activity.
"The russian offer" was in fact a cover for the "caisse des dépôts et consignations" (investigate & you'l find "who is beehind" !
So to "shoot at Longo" is a signe of ignorance of the facts . Do not forget that: the texas oil guys are very worried about that technology !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toms River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Baldwin speaks out about Oyster Creek (Feb '08) 15 hr CAITIE is DUMB 4
FEMA Flood Risk Open House To Be Held In Toms R... Feb 25 FYI 1
Review: Aaron Bail Bonds (Sep '12) Feb 25 freadooo 8
sexting Feb 25 freadooo 1
Missing family in Island heights Feb 6 Connie thompson 1
How could a hunter shoot a red-tailed hawk? (Jan '09) Jan '15 Vi Kostun 15
Bikers Jan '15 Jim kernard 1

Toms River News Video

Toms River Dating
Find my Match