WalMart Chick

Bloomfield Hills, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2008

I'm starting to think that some of you all enjoy getting on here and talking about what one of us cashiers do to ruin your day...

I will admit that sometimes I'm not the friendliest cashier in the world but I do my best to be friendly to you... And if for some reason I dont speak to you its because its either busy or you were previously rude or hateful to me...

If your experience in WalMart is seriously as bad
as you make it out to be you can call the store, we have plenty of managers who would be happy to talk to you...

Oh, and you should lay off Mrs. Pinkly... She doesnt mean any harm...
big bertha

Etoile, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2008

lp needs that smart mouth knocked to the floor then kicked out the door out in the parking lot.
ex -wal-maret cashier

Cave City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2008

wal-mart pay sucks. you get a a raise the first 90 days and then once a year. and believe me its barely over minunum wage.no matter if your friendly or not the customer is always a pain in the rear end. some go out of their way to make a scene. then they go to the manaager and whin you did something to their sorry butts. friendly or not the customer is the rude one in most cases.god couldn't be a cashier at the wal-mart. he'd have to strike some of the customers dead himself.lol
rude is rude

Etoile, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2008

ex or not rude is rude if pay is bad dont have to work there again
country

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2008

Judged:

pretty n pink wrote:
I have to say I hear people complain all day about what cashiers are doing wrong when in reality people they are not getting paid to ask you how your day is going or check to see if you are feeling better. They are there to simply scan your merchandise put it in a bag and for the lazy people whom seem to be disabled put the bags in your cart take your money and give you a receipt for it. Thatís it... most of them arenít making that much anyways so anything extra will cost more. Get over it... you get you merchandise that you came for who cares if they talk to you while they are doing their job. Be glad if you even get a smile from them because they dont have to do that to me not speaking doesnt mean they are being rude just means they have nothing to say, you will live from it.
Actually they are getting paid to be polite, make conversation, and smile, I worked at the walmart in Bowling Green and its a rule but this walmart dont enforce any rules, thats why half the employees are rude and dont do their job.
been there

Cave City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2008

Judged:

country wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually they are getting paid to be polite, make conversation, and smile, I worked at the walmart in Bowling Green and its a rule but this walmart dont enforce any rules, thats why half the employees are rude and dont do their job.
glasgow policy is the same. be polite to the customers.i don't think t-ville has the policy. the manager needs to have a cashiers meeting and inform the cashiers about the policy. i hate to go through the line and the cashier is so rude. i will actually speak to one and they still ignore me and they will be wearing the maroon vest for best cashier too.
been there

Cave City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2008

what kills me is these elderly people and the cashiers actually makes them put their sacks in their own buggies. they are suppost to load the sacks for the customers or that was the policy at glasgow.
newlywed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2008

I agree
npnow

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2008

I do not understand. I have been going to Wal-mart every since it opened. I have had problems with one person that works back in photo. She was kin to my B/F and she WOULD NOT wait on us. which we took alot of pic.But that day we had went to buy a new digital camera and she would not wait on us so we got tired went to front and complained and went to BG and bought a new camera and a computer. Over 1200.00 worth of stuff which we would have gladly spent here but i guess they didn't need out money but the ones in photo a couple of them treats you like dirt. The rest are great to me and always speaks. That is my only BAD experience with them......
Wastin Time

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2008

When I go to Wal-Mart, my main concern is getting in and out what I paid for. Yes I want to be treated with respect and if I can't find what I need I want help not sarcasm. I am not going to feel like my whole world is going to end if the &#8220;greeter&#8221; doesn&#8217;t say hello or the cashier doesn&#8217;t either. Think about how many people come to Wal-Mart in one hour, now think about how some people act in public. Can you honestly say that you would be little Miss Mary Sunshine?
jesus

Etoile, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2008

Wastin Time wrote:
When I go to Wal-Mart, my main concern is getting in and out what I paid for. Yes I want to be treated with respect and if I can't find what I need I want help not sarcasm. I am not going to feel like my whole world is going to end if the &#8220;greeter&#8221; doesn&#8217;t say hello or the cashier doesn&#8217;t either. Think about how many people come to Wal-Mart in one hour, now think about how some people act in public. Can you honestly say that you would be little Miss Mary Sunshine?
rude is rude dont justify it. it still isnt right to be screamed at to heck with you
been there

Cave City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2008

npnow wrote:
I do not understand. I have been going to Wal-mart every since it opened. I have had problems with one person that works back in photo. She was kin to my B/F and she WOULD NOT wait on us. which we took alot of pic.But that day we had went to buy a new digital camera and she would not wait on us so we got tired went to front and complained and went to BG and bought a new camera and a computer. Over 1200.00 worth of stuff which we would have gladly spent here but i guess they didn't need out money but the ones in photo a couple of them treats you like dirt. The rest are great to me and always speaks. That is my only BAD experience with them......
what is the matter with you people. all you have to do is ask to speak to a manager. how hard is that? anybody in the store can get you a manager. complain to the manager. and who knows you might get a free gift card to make up for the cashier or whoever's rudeness.
jesus

Etoile, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2008

i did talk to manager so has everybody else no help just promises. thats what were mad about
justducky

Moss, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2008

I never had a problem with the walmart people...especially that sexy guy in lawn and garden...i think his name is randy????
Sticks and Stones

Munfordville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2008

I was just at the Glasgow Walmart and there's a world of difference there. Everyone was friendly, or at least didn't try to make me miserable along with them, and I'm sure it's no harder for them than it is for our people.
If we got our only impression of Tompkinsville from Topix we would think that it's 90% ill tempered, foul mouthed, gossiping, surly people. But, I know better...I meet and know lots of great people
pretty n pink

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2008

country wrote:
<quoted text>
yes i know, than you also know that each cashier is timed on how long they are waiting on a customer it prints out on a report. Takeing to long can get you fired or demoted. But I dont blaim the cashier for not being friendly its not like it really matters. Its not going to change how eggs taste if they smile at me or ask me how my day is going. As long as they scan it bag it let me get the hell out of there without takeing forever. Which I dont blaim them most of the time its because the person in front of me will not shut the hell up and move along.
Maria

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2008

Judged:

been there wrote:
what kills me is these elderly people and the cashiers actually makes them put their sacks in their own buggies. they are suppost to load the sacks for the customers or that was the policy at glasgow.
i agree, since they have started bagging this way i have left items 3 different times and had to go back to get them. You buy 5 small items who would think it would take 3 bags. If they would put the bags in your buggy i think this wouldn't happen cause the custermer is putting their stuff on the counter then running to put bags back in the buggy while the cashier is waiting for u to pay, its very easy to walk away without all of your stuff. From what i hear i am not the only one that has left without all of their stuff.
jack

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

pretty n pink wrote:
<quoted text>
yes i know, than you also know that each cashier is timed on how long they are waiting on a customer it prints out on a report. Takeing to long can get you fired or demoted. But I dont blaim the cashier for not being friendly its not like it really matters. Its not going to change how eggs taste if they smile at me or ask me how my day is going. As long as they scan it bag it let me get the hell out of there without takeing forever. Which I dont blaim them most of the time its because the person in front of me will not shut the hell up and move along.
not so!!!
my opinion

Cave City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2008

jesus wrote:
i did talk to manager so has everybody else no help just promises. thats what were mad about
well at glasgow if there is a complaint the cashier has to come to the office and they get a chewing out.believe me i know. but alot of times when they get complained on it is actually not the cashiers fault, just a bitchy customer.and then when the cashier is really at fault alot of times nobody complains on her so she gets away with it.alot of times the customer is already mad, then when she checks out she gives the cashier a hard time, then goes to the manager and that time the cashier will be innocent all because of a psycho customer.
WalMart Chick

Bloomfield Hills, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2008

First of all cashiers do follow policy.... Infact this shit you guys have been posting did not come up until we started following the policies... Mainly the comp

And can you seriously say you have had a better experience in glasgow... really... b/c most of my customers tell me they come to tville bc we are nicer... but thats cool... we are starting to realize you ppl lie to our faces

I myself can say i force my self to smile, ask you how your day is... when really all i want to do is cry b/c ppl like you come through my line and cuss me like a dog b/c they had to wait or they couldnt find something.... so really we get enough of this at work...

GIVE IT UP ALREADY!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

39 Users are viewing the Tompkinsville Forum right now

Search the Tompkinsville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Commietator 149,719
Dentist (Dec '13) 31 min looking 14
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 43 min Khatru 130,200
Julie Ann 1 hr really sad 28
Brittany creek Simmons 1 hr hammertime 1
Signs in the Court house 1 hr lolololol 6
Kim King whooped Cj caldwell 3 hr granny 36
•••
•••
•••
Tompkinsville Dating

more search filters

less search filters