'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 253421 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#41444 Jun 5, 2012
The Irate Republican wrote:
<quoted text>
The two party system is part of a larger design to keep us at one another, so won't have the time, or be able to keep our eyes on what is really going on. Control the peoples emotions, and you can control the people. That's really an old principal. Works like a champ also
TIR
Actually the two party system was designed fora much smaller populace; there were usually very few issues to concern the populace. The two party system was born of "simplicity" much like a checker game you are black and your opponent is white. I agree we need more choice!

Since: Oct 11

Ripley, TN

#41445 Jun 5, 2012
CaptainObvious2U wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the two party system was designed fora much smaller populace; there were usually very few issues to concern the populace. The two party system was born of "simplicity" much like a checker game you are black and your opponent is white. I agree we need more choice!
Our town has elected officials by non-partisan tickets,but everyone knows who's a Democrat and who's a republican.
How do you think this would fair on a national scale? chaos??lol
lol

Glasgow, KY

#41446 Jun 5, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
How exactly does my post tie in with your wingnuz rant?
Of course you don't see the obvious connection. You are too busy figuring out how to distract and focus on something other than the obvious because you have no answers or valid excuses for your rants...yet again. Things clearer now, frank? lol Don't hurt yourself pal. lol
WHAT R U THINKING

Glasgow, KY

#41447 Jun 5, 2012
I vote democrat wrote:
If we could have struck we could have shut them down and then they would be sorry.
You effin' moron! Shut them down and THEY would be sorry? Oh yeah, shut your place of employment down because it's hot where you work so you can take your unemployed asses home where your air will be shut off because you can no longer afford electricity. Smart idea, moron. Guess your kids will go on strike when the big guy that runs the household won't let them have air conditioning anymore. Go unions and Obama and the millions of morons who think the same way!!!!!!!!!! UGH!
whitehair

Fort Thomas, KY

#41448 Jun 5, 2012
this ones for you wrote:
Primary Reasons:
First, overseas locations receive preference because of the low wages paid for labor there. Second, U.S. companies have no employee benefits to pay for operations in those countries. Third, they are exempt from environmental and safety regulations. Additionally, these firms have no obligation to remit foreign taxes upon exporting their products to the US.
So what's the answer?
Do we lower corporate tax rates? Would that really be enough to bring back "Profit Incentive...bottom line minded companies to come back"? This would help start an incline on middle-class America again and increase
our tax revenue to bring balance back to our fiscal house.
Is it enough? Their need for profit out weighs their Patriotism!
They have the jobs needed for Americans.
How do we convince them to come home?
We can't use force we're a free society and this would go against our very founding!
I'm open to suggestions and ideas..if the trend continues it doesn't matter what party controls the White-house or congress! Would a new constitutional amendment brought before the supreme court to decide if it's
in our nations best interest be a possibility?
Tell me! I don't consider this a partisan issue..it's a issue of national survival!
Please Elaborate your thoughts perhaps we have the answer! Who Knows?
God Bless the companies that stick with us!
Make any sense?
tofy
There is no one simple thing we can do to get the jobs back to the U.S./Ideas of reducing the regulations,taxes on corporations,etc.would be a good start.
One seperate idea presented by the New Yorker was to charge a tax on all products from China.Every item sent here from China would have something like a value added tax.Since we want the products,if they cost too much to buy from China,then some enterprising American might start up the business.Of course,China would do the same with our exports,so who wins?
For many of us one simple thing we can do is remove this present administration in Washington.
Notice the comment about Biden and his every week end trips at taxpayers expense.Check the GSA`s expense accounts and trips.There is no leadership there to require honesty or conservative use of the taxpayers dime.Neither the President nor the Congress wants to cut excessive spending.They should be replaced.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#41449 Jun 5, 2012
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>Our town has elected officials by non-partisan tickets,but everyone knows who's a Democrat and who's a republican.
How do you think this would fair on a national scale? chaos??lol
Here a Lieberman, there a Lieberman, everywhere a Lieberman, that's not Chaos...that flippity floppitty FLOP!
not a rocket scientist

Bowling Green, KY

#41450 Jun 5, 2012
I vote democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
... a doctor makes a million dollars a year, for what? Why should he make more than the guy that fixes the power line in the middle of the night during a storm? The doctor can't even get electrocuted like the lineman can....
Doctors have to complete years of costly schooling before they can begin a career. And then have many more years of working and paying large monthly college payments before even getting out of debt and making an actual profit. Electicians have training, but nothing like that. Electricians also make great money. Electricians do put their live on the line sometimes. But doctors do too, just in a differnet way. They work with blood and needles and could catch a disease or illness. They also have other people's live in their hands. They run the risk of being sued too, which is pretty common. There are a lot of factors to consider.

Ripley, TN

#41451 Jun 5, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you don't see the obvious connection. You are too busy figuring out how to distract and focus on something other than the obvious because you have no answers or valid excuses for your rants...yet again. Things clearer now, frank? lol Don't hurt yourself pal. lol
Pardon my intrusion "lol"!
But your Negativity toward people opinions is beyond comprehension.
I can see if you take an opposing view point,but absolute humiliation of one credibility is astonishing.Why you choose to belittle someone
with such Fervor shows a bitterness toward humanity in general.
Your disdain is well recognized...I'll can only conclude you receive
pleasure from your dominatrix like behavior. I'm truly sorry for your discontent!
No One's position on politics is flawless including yours.
Seeming you must think so..this is an egotistical trait. Do you not realize this?
So I leave you with the immortal words of Meatloaf..."So now I'm praying for the end of time hurry up man alive because if I got to spend another minute with you I don't think I can really survive"?
whitehair

Fort Thomas, KY

#41452 Jun 5, 2012
Redistribution of funds is not something any one is willing to consider,that has worked for what they have.Why should they?It is not the American way!!Only the ones wanting to take from the ones that worked for what they have are the ones wanting to redistribute,so they can live the easy life on the backs of the workers.It will not work,has not worked since the time of the Pilgrims,is Communistic,while we supposedly are capitalists.Progressive liberals hide the fact they are communists wanting to take what others work for.

Ripley, TN

#41453 Jun 5, 2012
CaptainObvious2U wrote:
<quoted text>
Here a Lieberman, there a Lieberman, everywhere a Lieberman, that's not Chaos...that flippity floppitty FLOP!
I will say I don't appreciate politicians that change parties mid-stream if i vote for some as a democrat or republican I think they should remain that instead of trying to stay in office according to how the political winds blow. No matter who they decide to caucus with!
Now if they change for the next election yeah maybe OK,but not before their current term expires. So yes on that I agree!

Ripley, TN

#41454 Jun 5, 2012
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no one simple thing we can do to get the jobs back to the U.S./Ideas of reducing the regulations,taxes on corporations,etc.would be a good start.
One seperate idea presented by the New Yorker was to charge a tax on all products from China.Every item sent here from China would have something like a value added tax.Since we want the products,if they cost too much to buy from China,then some enterprising American might start up the business.Of course,China would do the same with our exports,so who wins?
For many of us one simple thing we can do is remove this present administration in Washington.
Notice the comment about Biden and his every week end trips at taxpayers expense.Check the GSA`s expense accounts and trips.There is no leadership there to require honesty or conservative use of the taxpayers dime.Neither the President nor the Congress wants to cut excessive spending.They should be replaced.
YES "whitehair" if we could vote on the whole crew at one time..we might see a big difference on how things are done!

Ripley, TN

#41455 Jun 5, 2012
whitehair wrote:
Redistribution of funds is not something any one is willing to consider,that has worked for what they have.Why should they?It is not the American way!!Only the ones wanting to take from the ones that worked for what they have are the ones wanting to redistribute,so they can live the easy life on the backs of the workers.It will not work,has not worked since the time of the Pilgrims,is Communistic,while we supposedly are capitalists.Progressive liberals hide the fact they are communists wanting to take what others work for.
I have to disagree with you on that one "whitehair" I'm progresive...but I despise communism.
I would not take a nickel from a wealthy man,but I would give my last nickel to someone in need!
whitehair

Fort Thomas, KY

#41456 Jun 5, 2012
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>I have to disagree with you on that one "whitehair" I'm progresive...but I despise communism.
I would not take a nickel from a wealthy man,but I would give my last nickel to someone in need!
Got a little carried away,what is your definition of progressive?My actual thought was about the Pilgrims time when communism failed.Progressive to me is forward thinking--and that is what we should all be.I am registered as Republican,usually act more towards Independent,but that registration eliminates any participation here in any primary.

Good for you- as about the needy!There have been many here that fit in that category.We try to help a few we know.Kinda bad times now.

Ripley, TN

#41457 Jun 5, 2012
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a little carried away,what is your definition of progressive?My actual thought was about the Pilgrims time when communism failed.Progressive to me is forward thinking--and that is what we should all be.I am registered as Republican,usually act more towards Independent,but that registration eliminates any participation here in any primary.
Good for you- as about the needy!There have been many here that fit in that category.We try to help a few we know.Kinda bad times now.
Thanks my friend!
I'll leave you with this tonight.
Relax turn up the volume and listen to this classic from...DYLAN !
This Ones For You...
http://youtu.be/yZPh3hpxLKs
Jay

Springville, TN

#41458 Jun 5, 2012
Walker wins! Will stay in office

Wisconsin GOP Gov. Scott Walker will stay in office, becoming the first governor in U.S. history to survive a recall election.

In 2008, Obama won Wisconsin by 14 points. Now, the Walker victory is leading some Republicans to suggest the state might be within reach for presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney. If Romney is successful in Wisconsin, he will be the first Republican Party nominee to carry the state since Ronald Reagan in 1984.

Best news I've heard all day. Hard to hear myself say that coming from someone who use to be so pro-union. But not anymore after seeing what they are doing in this country. 7 plus million dollars worth of damage the taxpayers had to pick up, plus their disgusting behavior beating on people as well as underhanded lying and cheating.

Union bosses - nothing but crooks and thugs, living lives of luxury on the backs of hard working Americans.

And that's my opinion and until this corruption ends, will stay my opinion.

Their just as bad if not worse than the Chicago machine.
WakeUp

Murfreesboro, TN

#41459 Jun 5, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you getting at? I’m looking for ways to narrow the gap between wage earners and the obscene millions and millions corporate managers are pulling year after year. Clearly, it is the middle class, that giant money spending machine, that creates demand and a thriving economy
Wage/Price controls have never worked. Ever, in the history of the world.

What's obscene about the "millions and millions"? Who gets to set wages? Compensation? Sorry, that you don't like some CEO getting millions of bucks, but how many people can shuffle paper, and how many can run a multi-billion dollar international company? Supply and Demand.

Once you get into wage controls, why stop at CEO's? Let's just be "fair". Who gets to decide what's "fair"?

The nice thing is, if a company wants to pay someone millions, let them. If it's a poor choice, if they aren't worth it, the company will go out of business and the investors/bondholders will lose money. problem solved.

If you're wanting to generate wealth for the middle class, that's an entirely separate issue. Unless you're just wanting to see CEO pay closer to middle class pay, in that case, keep voting Obama. With the amount of businesses he's driving under, taxes he's proposing, etc, we'll all be paid the same rate before long. Zero.
Jay

Springville, TN

#41460 Jun 5, 2012
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>

Your comments are always so common sense, and when you speak it's easy to see you weigh things in the balance. We who see struggling people around us every day can hardly stand by and support the waste going on for the good times in Washington - so-called elected 'leaders' who appear to be in it for what they can get. A good example is Biden and his thinking that it's no big deal to spend our money -$20,000 - on a quick trip for a round of golf with BO. This is what's going on everywhere in government, and we wonder why we are broken.

We need to vote them all out this next round, and give someone else a try. For if we keep them all around another four years, we just get four more years of the same.

" The cost of flying Air Force Two is $22,000 an hour, so each half-hour trip to or from Delaware costs about $10,000. Each golf game costs taxpayers $20,000. At that rate, the annual cost to taxpayers of Biden’s weekend trips is well over $1 million."
Chit Stain

Pikeville, KY

#41461 Jun 5, 2012
Okay with Obama its Biden is a joke apiece of shit . Obama would have done fine but surrounded hisself with turd liberal lowlife idoits .
hes a crazy old man

Glasgow, KY

#41462 Jun 5, 2012
Obama does what Soros and Ayers and those type of people tell him to do. He couldn't care less what Biden is doing. Obama is just arrogant enough to believe that American citizens are dumb and lazy. He believes they will fall for anything he says and they are just lazy enough not to care. Obama's reckless spending and failed policies can not be blamed on Biden. Although I'm surprised Obama hasn't started blaming Biden since the Bush crutch is no longer working. Obama knew that having crazy old Biden as the second in charge guy he would never have to worry about impeachment no matter what he did while in office. Biden is job security for Obama.
Jay

Springville, TN

#41463 Jun 5, 2012
this ones for you wrote:
Primary Reasons:
First, overseas locations receive preference because of the low wages paid for labor there. Second, U.S. companies have no employee benefits to pay for operations in those countries. Third, they are exempt from environmental and safety regulations. Additionally, these firms have no obligation to remit foreign taxes upon exporting their products to the US.
So what's the answer?
Do we lower corporate tax rates? Would that really be enough to bring back "Profit Incentive...bottom line minded companies to come back"? This would help start an incline on middle-class America again and increase
our tax revenue to bring balance back to our fiscal house.
Is it enough? Their need for profit out weighs their Patriotism!
They have the jobs needed for Americans.
How do we convince them to come home?
We can't use force we're a free society and this would go against our very founding!
I'm open to suggestions and ideas..if the trend continues it doesn't matter what party controls the White-house or congress! Would a new constitutional amendment brought before the supreme court to decide if it's
in our nations best interest be a possibility?
Tell me! I don't consider this a partisan issue..it's a issue of national survival!
Please Elaborate your thoughts perhaps we have the answer! Who Knows?
God Bless the companies that stick with us!
Make any sense?
tofy

Yes, everything you said makes sense. The question is how much input do "WE" have in making these decisions? I've signed petitions up the bookoo to my congressman and senator's and written letters asking questions, but they are only one vote. I know this, but who are "WE" and how much do you think they listen - really listen - and care what we think?

I can remember when just about everything was made in the USA. I have things yet in trunks that have the USA label. An interesting story of how times have changed ~ about 25, maybe 30 years now, I walked into a store much like a Kmart, and there was a blue light sale. The counter was filled with women clogging the aisle. As it turned out, the reason everything was in such a hubbub was that the store was selling women's sandals made in Brazil. It was so unusual to be able to purchase anything made outside of American, that these women thought it was so cool to own a pair of sandals made in another country. The store manager said they would not be getting in anymore sandals because it was a one time deal. The store sold out in two days. Today, we are lucky to turn a product over and not see China on the label.

You pose some very good questions. Now where do we start?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tompkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 52 min ChromiuMan 156,563
one night stand 1 hr lookin 1
Need advice 1 hr unknown name 1
Which is best pharmacy 6 hr Medicine 1
April Dawn Copas 9 hr Ghost 3
Vote YES on Jan 10th 15 hr Not Me and My House 24
Joe Ford crossed line. 19 hr For Ashley Brown 5

Tompkinsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tompkinsville Mortgages